Audio-Opus OPUS #11
Oct 18, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #182 of 229
Who is advising you??

This thing is warm. Analogue(ish). If someone is telling you the #11 is sharp they have never heard it

Oh ok... I thot it will be sharp since ESS Sabre ES9018K2M is inside.

How about Schiit Fulla 2 with AKM AK4490 D/A converter, coupled with an Alps RK09 potentiometer, high-quality filter and amp stages from Texas Instruments . Have you used it ?

Oct 18, 2017 at 3:55 AM Post #183 of 229
No I haven't

The Calyx-M also has an ESS chip and it is warm and lush with detail. The DAC coloration on sound is very very overstated by reviewers and parroted by others.
i think the #11 is the warmest item made by OPUS. This is still one of the best amp/dac portables on the market. I thought that end of the market would take off this year but it has not. Leaving this to be still...one of the best options available IMO

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #184 of 229
I guess i have to drop the idea of Opus #11 because i need a bit warmer sound. I don't like sharp sounds . It triggers my headache.
Can you suggest warm sounding dacs at same price point please?
xduoo xd-05 is certainly a warm sounding one. also, the amp section might be tuned by replacing the opa in case you need a slightly different signature.

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #185 of 229
Oh ok... I thot it will be sharp since ESS Sabre ES9018K2M is inside.
as @Hawaiibadboy said, dac coloration is overrated. sound signature is mostly decided by the amp section. i haven't heard the opus #11 unfortunately, but i listened to an oppo ha-2 lately (sabre based dac, too), and with my warm iem's (akg n40) and headphones (nad hp50), it's natural, dynamic, detailed, without the slightest touch of harshness.

Oct 18, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #186 of 229
Who is advising you??

This thing is warm. Analogue(ish). If someone is telling you the #11 is sharp they have never heard it

^^This! Couldn't agree more.

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #188 of 229
Means you too agree that it is warm sounding signature ? How does it fare against Schiit Fulla 2 and Ultrasone Naos ? Please reply

Yes, it's a lush, smooth and liquid sounding device. Unfortunately I've never heard any of your other options.

What's your source for the #11 being bright?

Oct 19, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #189 of 229
Yes, it's a lush, smooth and liquid sounding device. Unfortunately I've never heard any of your other options.

I didn't use opus 11 but ess sabre used in that seen in G6 quad dac. It's bright and sharp trebles with SOUNDMAGIC E80C.

That "SABRE GLARE" i hate cos it hurts my ear and plus soundmagic E80C got sharp treble all those hurted my ears more

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #190 of 229

Am going for a 200 dollar headphones which needs to be Warm sounding.
I know Sonys are warm sounding but many says it lacks details.
Can you or anyone help me with some good warm sounding headphones ?

Oct 19, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #191 of 229
I didn't use opus 11 but ess sabre used in that seen in G6 quad dac. It's bright and sharp trebles with SOUNDMAGIC E80C.

That "SABRE GLARE" i hate cos it hurts my ear and plus soundmagic E80C got sharp treble all those hurted my ears more
i can only repeat myself: a dac chip won't be decisive for the sound of a device. you can't judge hifi devices by their spec sheets.

as for sub-$200, warm sounding headphones, my first suggestion is always the nad viso hp50. they are on the warm side of neutral, smooth and easy to drive.

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #192 of 229
i can only repeat myself: a dac chip won't be decisive for the sound of a device. you can't judge hifi devices by their spec sheets.

as for sub-$200, warm sounding headphones, my first suggestion is always the nad viso hp50. they are on the warm side of neutral, smooth and easy to drive.

Any other headphones ? Nad is not available here and also shipping not possible.
How about Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohms version ? How does it sound ? I have an inbuilt dac for now with my Lg G6 mobile

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:32 AM Post #193 of 229
Any other headphones ? Nad is not available here and also shipping not possible.
How about Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohms version ? How does it sound ? I have an inbuilt dac for now with my Lg G6 mobile
where's that 'here'? many sellers offer worldwide shipping.

beyer's are usually v-shaped, with a characteristic spike at the treble. i wouldn't call them warm. also, what's your budget? anyway, you should start here and post a thread, i prefer not to derail the opus #11 thread anymore.

Oct 20, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #194 of 229
where's that 'here'? many sellers offer worldwide shipping.

beyer's are usually v-shaped, with a characteristic spike at the treble. i wouldn't call them warm. also, what's your budget? anyway, you should start here and post a thread, i prefer not to derail the opus #11 thread anymore.

India actually... Thanks for your efforts on opus#11 . appreciate that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back