Audio Noob, help me pick a pair of headphones!
Dec 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Skoomd

New Head-Fier
So this Christmas I am getting an iPod so I can bring my music with me, but I would really like to enjoy it to the max! I have a budget of 150$ and want some noise cancelling in ear monitors. I noticed the Klipsh S4i's on amazon for a great price, and the review seem fairly good so those are something i'm leaning to. If it helps, I listen to electronic, dance, and alternative. I also listen to my music for about ~10 hours a day so they need to hold up pretty well. Thanks!

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 5
I think for the price x10 are going atm on amazon, they're a decent choice for what you're after. They do have some durability issues though, the cable is thin and strain relief do spilt rather quickly around the earpiece. You would need to baby them for everyday use, however they will suit your genre's.

Just remember they're rather polite or gentle sounding and won't go very loud before distorting. Loud enough sure.....though not 100% rocking out levels. If you can deal with those issues, sure....good choice at their current going price.

For your genre's you could also consider Yamaha EPH-100, (not sure how much atm) or T-Peos H-100 Hyrbid for $120..

H-100 Hyrbid you won't find on amazon and needs to purchased from Korea directly.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630235/t-peos-h-100-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 5
I was looking at the x10's as well, but my main concern is like you said, the quality. I forgot to mention in my op that I was looking at the S4i Rugged's, not the original s4i's.

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Actually, I don't know where I pulled the X10 card from. Please excuse me. I could of sworn I saw x10 in your OP.

Hence my almost endless now useless rant. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back