Audio Newb's Journal (AKA Answer my Questions >:D)
Dec 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #61 of 284
Haha I wish I had done that sooner. I just had a live chat with "Erick" from amazon support. He just filed a replacement. I get free 2 day shipping and my ety's are coming this wednesday. Excatly one week after they were supposed to!! :D. Oh well, it feels a lot better when you  at least know when it is coming. Just hope they dont mess up this one as well

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #62 of 284

Quote:
Haha I wish I had done that sooner. I just had a live chat with "Erick" from amazon support. He just filed a replacement. I get free 2 day shipping and my ety's are coming this wednesday. Excatly one week after they were supposed to!! :D. Oh well, it feels a lot better when you  at least know when it is coming. Just hope they dont mess up this one as well

They shouldn't mess this one up. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #64 of 284
wow I just looked at my amazon orders. Assuming my earbuds do indeed come on wednesday it will be arriving over 2 weeks after the original order. Not bad  
gs1000.gif

Dec 19, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #65 of 284
I have a question. I really dont care about the answer, I am just curious. Is the plug on the hf5's bent or straight. On some pictures its bent 
 and on some pictures its straight..

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #66 of 284
If I'm not mistaken, the old model had a straight plug, and the new model has a 45-degree, angled plug.  Don't quote me on that, but you should be getting the angled plug.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #68 of 284
I got my HF5 almost exactly a year ago directly from Etys and the 45 plugs were well under way then yet I still got the straight plug. the 45 one is beefier and definitely more durable. 
Good to hear you are getting them soon, I really hope you enjoy them =) you should ask for a refund for your original shipping cost. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #69 of 284

Quote:
I have a question. I really dont care about the answer

This is the greatest quote I have ever read.

Anyway, I read this whole thread, I can't feel sorry for you. Don't get me wrong, it sucks to have your stuff arrive late, and I don't think you're immature. When I order my stuff I usually act like a cheerleader when waiting for it too, and I become a super-sweet 16 when it arrives. I've had some things running late, but nowadays we can track where it is, and as long as it's not lost somewhere I'm fine with it. Remember that 50 years ago you would just wish nothing went wrong, now we can sit at home and have a magic box tell us where it is. You didn't lose a single thing, you're getting your HF-5s like you should, you don't have to pay more... basically this whole thing is because your order is 2 weeks late. I mean, how is this not a first-world problem? As usual Amazon immediately rewarded their unhappy customers with free shipping, so all ends well 
rolleyes.gif
 I hope you enjoy them, make sure to post your impressions (and a pic or two wouldn't hurt), I'm curious of how many exclamation points someone going from Skullcandy to the HF-5 would use to describe the sound.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #70 of 284

Quote:
I got my HF5 almost exactly a year ago directly from Etys and the 45 plugs were well under way then yet I still got the straight plug. the 45 one is beefier and definitely more durable. 
Good to hear you are getting them soon, I really hope you enjoy them =) you should ask for a refund for your original shipping cost. 

I would but my shipping was free. I got amazons free super saver shipping or whatever its called

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #72 of 284

Quote:
I will be writing a review of them on this site. My guess is lots of exclamation points, capital letters, and smiley faces. 
wink_face.gif

That's assuming you like the bass-light signature that focuses mainly on the mids and highs :)  If you don't like them at first, give them a week to adjust to. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #74 of 284
You also MUST have a very deep insertion on these things, I think almost everyone makes the mistake when first getting an Ety and not putting them in all the way because it is surprising how deeply you can put them. The entire IEM up to the strain relief part where the cable meets the IEM should be inside your ear and not hanging out. Be prepared to do some EQ'ing as well and getting Shure Olives tips because these things are super bass light and like you I came from IE8s a known bass heavy IEM and the bass felt like a single dot in the entire soundscape. Good thing is that if you have a DAP they respond very well to EQ. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #75 of 284

Quote:
You also MUST have a very deep insertion on these things, I think almost everyone makes the mistake when first getting an Ety and not putting them in all the way because it is surprising how deeply you can put them. The entire IEM up to the strain relief part where the cable meets the IEM should be inside your ear and not hanging out. Be prepared to do some EQ'ing as well and getting Shure Olives tips because these things are super bass light and like you I came from IE8s a known bass heavy IEM and the bass felt like a single dot in the entire soundscape. Good thing is that if you have a DAP they respond very well to EQ. 

See, that's entirely subjective and not 100% objective.  I don't put my Etys in that deeply, my ear canals are too thin to do that.  Just get them in enough to a good seal.  Actually, if I put them in too deeply, I lose the entire seal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back