Audio Newb's Journal (AKA Answer my Questions >:D)
Jan 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #256 of 284
Wow. My mom really isn't very intelligent when it comes to audio... She wanted to test if I could hear her when I was listening, so I sat at my laptop and started playing music. She then said stuff, and once again I could't hear. Then I unplugged my HF5 from the computer, but I forgot to pause the music and it kept playing through the laptops speakers, and my mom said "you were listening that loud?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #257 of 284

Quote:
How is the FiiO E7? I am gtting one in the mail today or tomorrow
biggrin.gif

I think its awesome... My onboard soundcard from laptop has too much jitters/noise and E7 removes that completely.

Driver works without any issues with windows(ITS REALLY PLUG AND PLAY). 

It helps with opening up the XZ 700 and MDR-V6 to a certain extent as well.

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #259 of 284
Stories from today at school ! :D. In one class there is a kid who is a beats fanboy. He used to like skullcandy, until he got beats. He has a skullcandy backpack, and a skullcandy hat. He wears his beats solos around his neck everywhere. In our computer apps class I was checking this site after the lesson was over. I was reading a thread where was someone was asking what headphones to get. He looks at it and goes "Just get any headphones. The differences are so minimal it doesnt matter!" I laughed, a lot lol. Later on in the day my friend is doing the old earbud down sleeve and lean head on hand thing in class. He was using the apple earbuds that came with his iPhone. He uses some Bose headphones also. I say "How can you listen to those crappy earbuds after hearing semi-good headphones (the boses)." He goes "oh, these really aren't that bad, and, 'semi good??' bose are amazing!! Bose soundock, amazing!!! Amazing acoustic, amazing vocals, amazing bass, amazing everything!!'.... I laughed here too. I think he proved himself wrong by saying the apple earbuds aren't that bad...

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #260 of 284
Aright another story. Today on the school bus I was talking to my friend about audio, because I would be getting my srh940 in the mail when I got home :D, and immediately he looked at everyones headphones. First he goes "Steve! What happened to the beats?" Steve was wearing some new sennheiser HD25 (The old version o.O). Steve goes "I didn't really like them". Then he goes to Connor wearing skullcandy smokin' buds and he goes "awww, not skullcandy" and connor was just like "whatever..". Then he goes to dan, wearing some 5$ behind head earphone thingies. My friend goes "Nice headphones" sarcastically. Dan said "I know, right? Austin broke mine so he gave me these crappy ones, I am getting some bose soon". Then my friend goes "aww, not bose", then steve (The kid with the hd25) to my dissapointment, turns around and goes "Whats wrong with bose?" . This is the 4th instance I have heard where people say things like "Beats look cool but sound bad, but bose sound amazing but look bad". Most people at my school only ever think of bose or beats when they think of high quality audio. :frowning2:.

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #261 of 284
Now! About the srh 940! It came in the mail today! I started playing music and to be honest I was a little disappointed. They sounded only a tad better than my HF5. I burned it in for 10 hours while I slept last night and ate breakfast etc. and when I listened again it was a little better. I won't make any conclusions until after it is burned in for 5 days straight while I am at school this week. Also, it is unamped. I recieved the FiiO E7 I traded my extra HF5 for in the mail, but the guy forgot to inclue the USB cable.. I have plenty of Mini-USB to USB at home, but I am in the Maine house for the weekend again, no cables here :p. Its funny because I was gonna open it in the car and use it (Forgot I had to charge it). So I open it and realize it needs to be charged. Then I can not wait to get up to the house to charge it, only to see theres no cable. Now I can't wait to get home so I can charge it lol. :xf_eek:

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #263 of 284
wait you neither kept the extra etymotic nor returned it to amazon but sold it for profit!?!?!?!?

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #265 of 284
Uhh... That's a little questionable... 

Anyway, this was a pretty entertaining thread. The way you reacted to your HF5's not being in the mail was exactly how I pictured a younger me reacting with my first IEM purchase haha.

And don't let yourself get too addicted to this site; it's hell getting out once you're in 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #266 of 284
Uhh... That's a little questionable... 

Anyway, this was a pretty entertaining thread. The way you reacted to your HF5's not being in the mail was exactly how I pictured a younger me reacting with my first IEM purchase haha.

And don't let yourself get too addicted to this site; it's hell getting out once you're in :veryevil:

Well I contacted amazon customer support to ask them if I could keep it. They said yes.

Jan 9, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #270 of 284
Update: I am selling or trading the SRH940 to get either Sennheiser HD25 1 ii or (Preferably) the grados sr315i. Also, I am selling my laptop because I looked on ebay and saw that they were being sold for $450! I paid $100 for it! lol and I am going to get a gateway laptop (I think). I will be asking in a computer forum to help find the best for the cheapest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back