Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
May 30, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #646 of 760
Initial impressions...

I like em! Physically, everything seems high quality to me; shell material, cable material, connections. Just a hint of that factory smell I love so much. Fit is nice! And the grippy shell finish helps with that. I definitely don't think Nimbus would be such a good fit.

Full sounding; punchy with a hefty dose of treble sparkle & presence. Reminds of Focal Clear, I guess. The bass is pretty good, definitely a step or 2 above DM8 from memory. Pretty satisfying quality and depth, but it's at a lower quantity than the treble, IMO. Bass impact can definitely sound nice, if a bit hit is in the mix. A lot of sub-bass and lower bass(drums, bass guitar) comes through at a lower amount, but is still nicely clear, textured & palpable. The treble is prominent and precise, making details pop and isolate/separate well. You will definitely hear recording errors. I don't hear much depth or distance, sadly. I think there is congestion with multi-layered, highly textured content and content with significant reverb, so these definitely can't touch FD5 there. The tone of things seems relatively natural, except for the treble being too boosted & sparkly. I want higher bass levels + smoothed/tamed treble + more depth/space. It's nuts to think a college kid made these.... I'm not sure they are beating my FH3, though, other than a more extended and probably more natural treble. FH3 has edgy/aggressive treble that bothers me at a lower frequency of treble/mids, where Lokahi is boosted further up somewhere, and isn't as edgy/aggressive. I feel a slight amount of bass/sound pressure so far, but I am more bothered by the treble being too shiny(although that quality can sound very cool, in smooth material; Owl City doesn't bother me, and Radioactive Sandwich sounds GREAT, for example). Lokahi - For people who like a full, intimate & shine-and-shimmer-prominent sound.

photo_2021-05-30_15-42-23.jpg
photo_2021-05-30_16-17-01.jpg

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #648 of 760
May 31, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #649 of 760
Any one able to shine a light on how these compare to the Mangird Tea?

May 31, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #650 of 760
Any one able to shine a light on how these compare to the Mangird Tea?
I think Tea has a little better imaging(it's excellent). Lokahi for bigger & better base, I think; Tea base was definitely disappointing from what I was expecting it to be. Tea has smoother, more controlled treble, but overall is a flatter/duller/softer/lighter sound than Lokahi(nice & full). Lokahi definitely better fit, and material quality. Tea has more stage depth/space, but probably not as much or as good as FH3.

I would take Tea if you care most about nice sounding elec guitars(mids), and no harsh treble to EQ/mod down. I would take Lokahi if you enjoy bass and a fuller sound more. Other than the very good tuning, I really don't think Tea sounds like $299.

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #656 of 760
My next question. After Lokahi.. I am very resistant to buying another IEM as I know many cannot match up to Lokahi and I am unwilling to pay too much for IEM unless it's a couple times better than Lokahi.

All that being said, anyone here has a good recommendation for an iem around the price of Lokahi but is as good if not better. Ideally with DD in the mix.

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #657 of 760
My next question. After Lokahi.. I am very resistant to buying another IEM as I know many cannot match up to Lokahi and I am unwilling to pay too much for IEM unless it's a couple times better than Lokahi.

All that being said, anyone here has a good recommendation for an iem around the price of Lokahi but is as good if not better. Ideally with DD in the mix.
You can buy Nimbus from same dude who makes Lokahi. Nimbus is 1DD/8BA set. For more details ask a dude that got it already, you can find him few pages back in this thread.

Jun 8, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #658 of 760
recommendation for an iem around the price of Lokahi but is as good if not better. Ideally with DD in the mix.
Tri Starsea, KZ ZAX, KZ AST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back