Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
May 20, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #616 of 760
I was comparing my Voyager 3 to the lokahi the other day. The bass on the voyager is a big step up over the lokahi. Better extension, and real rumble. Sounds like a DD somehow. The lokahi has better (clearere/ more natural) tuning in the upper mids though. The voyager is more fatiguing in that range, while the lokahi is a bit more fatiguing above 8k. Both benefit from some EQ.
This set is tip depending, roll many and best with Sony M9 hybrid SS deep insert and WOW effect of bass rumble and less fatiguing for long listening. A very good set indeed and well balanced

May 20, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #617 of 760
Finally I have my set. Can't listen yet though, my dongle DAC is at home.
It's a lot less DIY-ish than I thought. Mostly it's the nozzle and the color coding of the MMCX connectors on the cable that gives it away.

I really like the super glossy finish of the IEMs themselves. Cable seems sturdy as well as the connections.

Attachments

• IMG_20210520_133613.jpg
    IMG_20210520_133613.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
May 20, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #619 of 760
Listening to the Nimbus(1DD+8BA) after 20h burn in for the DD driver. Oh lordy do these make that sub bass rumble and mid bass hits hard as well. Anyone who likes bass will enjoy these.

Overall sound is much warmer than the Lokahi's and the treble is dialed back a little bit but still airy enough. With vocals I found the issue where the female vocals sounded good but male vocals were a bit recessed are not present anymore. Both male and female vocals were decent(I prefer the lokahis female vocals). However for genres like pop music , edm, rock they are much better than the Lokahi.

Soundstage is bigger than the lokahis, with decent seperation

Overall these sound pretty good for the price(180USD). These are very initial listening impressions mind you, I will update if anything opinion changes later on.

May 20, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #620 of 760
Listening to the Nimbus(1DD+8BA) after 20h burn in for the DD driver. Oh lordy do these make that sub bass rumble and mid bass hits hard as well. Anyone who likes bass will enjoy these.

Overall sound is much warmer than the Lokahi's and the treble is dialed back a little bit but still airy enough. With vocals I found the issue where the female vocals sounded good but male vocals were a bit recessed are not present anymore. Both male and female vocals were decent(I prefer the lokahis female vocals). However for genres like pop music , edm, rock they are much better than the Lokahi.

Overall these sound pretty good for the price(180USD). These are very initial listening impressions mind you, I will update if anything opinion changes later on.
Where can I buy these ? Give me the link please.

May 20, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #621 of 760

Also, How would you compare the to Mangird Tea if you have the set.

May 20, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #622 of 760

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #626 of 760
is that a store on taobao ? Can't find it, send me link to where I can contact him.
Original seller and the person who makes the IEM: 学生派音乐

App: 闲鱼 - Xian Yu, the largest secondhand goods marketplace in China. You *must* use this app as there isn't a website version.

Download the app and then copy and paste his name into the search bar.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #628 of 760
I gotta say. Experiencing the same thing as the Lokahi, I prefer the Nimbus with just the apple dongle. Found it a bit off with the LP W2 and the ifi micro BL. Anyone else experiencing this? or is it just me.

May 21, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #629 of 760
IMG_20210522_012058.jpg
IMG_20210522_011936.jpg

Just FYI for anyone interested in buying, quick snap size comparison Lokahi. With so many drivers these are not small iems, they fit in my eats similarily to the Clairvoyance although just a little smaller.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back