Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Jul 20, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #676 of 760
I tried changing the cable. Ive only been using the stock cable since i got these months ago. Im generally skeptical about audible differences from cable swapping, but this just made a night and day difference. Im thinking the stock cable might be ****ed up somehow as the ammount of change is kind of ridiculouss. These now sound amazing whereas they sounded very meh before.
Before swapping, the bass was limp, the imaging was very limmited and there was an upper mid bump that was bothering me. Now with the new cable (from Tin P1) the bass is fantastic, the upper mids sound very smooth and clear and the sense of space and placement is very impressive. As a whole the sound is much more cohesive too - whereas before it sounded like many drivers fighting for attention.This set is totally worth the hype now!

Jul 20, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #677 of 760
Anyone cable and tip roller your Lokahi to "improve" it?
Im using spinfits to help alleviate the vaccuum pressure on the ears, not so much to modify the sound. Tip rolling has been a struggle with this set, since the nozzle is smaller than most of my tips. I think silicon tips sound better on this set though.

Jul 20, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #678 of 760
Im using spinfits to help alleviate the vaccuum pressure on the ears, not so much to modify the sound. Tip rolling has been a struggle with this set, since the nozzle is smaller than most of my tips. I think silicon tips sound better on this set though.
I second your experiences with tips. Didn't liken the feel with foam and stuff like spiral dot tips just slip right out. Sony hybrids fit similarly comfortably to SpinFits.

Jul 20, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #679 of 760
I tried changing the cable. Ive only been using the stock cable since i got these months ago. Im generally skeptical about audible differences from cable swapping, but this just made a night and day difference. Im thinking the stock cable might be ****ed up somehow as the ammount of change is kind of ridiculouss. These now sound amazing whereas they sounded very meh before.
Before swapping, the bass was limp, the imaging was very limmited and there was an upper mid bump that was bothering me. Now with the new cable (from Tin P1) the bass is fantastic, the upper mids sound very smooth and clear and the sense of space and placement is very impressive. As a whole the sound is much more cohesive too - whereas before it sounded like many drivers fighting for attention.This set is totally worth the hype now!
Good to know! I'll experiment with another cable when I receive mine.
Sounds like a ****ed up cable indeed. Shoddy soldering perhaps?

Jul 20, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #680 of 760
Changed from stock cable to a balanced pure copper cable (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1000007909452.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7bbf4c4dnjLHDq) to use with the E1DA 9038S Gen2 - absolutely immense improvement. As if I have added $500 worth of sound quality. Utterly unambigious transformation.

Aug 9, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #681 of 760
The Lokahi is finally here!

Quick and dirty (as my desk mat) impressions are that they do sound good.
Tuning is what is expected by looking at the frequency response graph.
Treble is well extended, cymbals sound very shimmery and acoustic guitars sound crisp with some "zing" up top, like fresh strings are supposed to sound.
With my Dunu SA6, one of my main complaints was with the treble extension, cymbals and acoustic guitars can sound "rounded off" (the dreaded BA plasticky treble timber?).
Bass is a bit too elevated for my tastes, but I was worried it would be worse. It can be quite fast and punchy.
In fact, I get the impression that it is a quite dynamic and punchy IEM, not just in the bass region.
Listening to the intro of Hydra from Grover Washington Jr., the snare, kick drum and tambourine all sound quite fast, impactful... dynamic.
In comparison to my Dunu SA6 (my only other multi BA only IEM), my SA6 sounds more relaxed.
The Lokahi also sounds non fatiguing in the high-mids / low-highs. Trumpets, saxophones, electric guitars can sound somewhat fatiguing with some of my IEMs (SA6, LZ A7 and JVC HA-FDX1).
Also, I won't be using the stock cable as it feels a bit cheap. It has a ridiculous heat-shrink Y splitter and does not have ear hooks. It's a shame as it's nice looking (apart from the Y splitter) and I like cable with 4 fairly thick cores.

The are just first impressions, but I think I'm going to enjoy this set.

2021-08-09 13-19-12_1628529618.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #682 of 760
Lokahi sale in Linsoul is very hot... Was deciding to buy from their website yesterday around 1830 hours and within an hour, their site shows sold out.
Sigh.. Should have make the order immediately.

Aug 14, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #683 of 760
Lokahi sale in Linsoul is very hot... Was deciding to buy from their website yesterday around 1830 hours and within an hour, their site shows sold out.
Sigh.. Should have make the order immediately.
Yeah...previously I signed up to get notified when it's back in stock again or can be ordered. Was still hesitating when I got the email notification about it being available again with limited stock but decided to just buy it to see if the hype was real. Just moments after buying, the page on Linsoul showed that it's out of stock again so they were right about limited stock.

Aug 14, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #684 of 760
Impressions:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aur...nd-reviews-thread.950383/page-4#post-16084290

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aur...nd-reviews-thread.950383/page-4#post-16086427

Listening to the Nimbus(1DD+8BA) after 20h burn in for the DD driver. Oh lordy do these make that sub bass rumble and mid bass hits hard as well. Anyone who likes bass will enjoy these.

Overall sound is much warmer than the Lokahi's and the treble is dialed back a little bit but still airy enough. With vocals I found the issue where the female vocals sounded good but male vocals were a bit recessed are not present anymore. Both male and female vocals were decent(I prefer the lokahis female vocals). However for genres like pop music , edm, rock they are much better than the Lokahi.

Soundstage is bigger than the lokahis, with decent seperation

Overall these sound pretty good for the price(180USD). These are very initial listening impressions mind you, I will update if anything opinion changes later on. @sateric
Thanks for this - I was dying to know if the version with DD was tuned the same just with better bass timbre. Ah well one can dream!

Aug 18, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #685 of 760
I just happened to be on my phone, about to fall asleep the other night when the linsoul “lokahi in-stock” email popped up and so I just ordered on impulse.

The IEM’s showed up yesterday and just got a chance to give them a listen this afternoon.

Pretty damn impressed straight out of the box. Only spent about 30 minutes with them so far, but I can easily say this ~$200 set is at least in the same ballpark as U12T, which is just crazy.

Much respect to the homies building and selling these iem’s. I’d love an opportunity to check out their other sets now too.

Aug 18, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #686 of 760
My Lokahis are for sale right now. If I could afford to keep more than one active IEM I would want them for my permanent collection. I will be keeping the YanYin Aladdins, wish I could keep a hold of this sound too. They Lokahi have a beautiful tubey warmth, and just so well tuned, plays all genres well.

Aug 18, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #687 of 760
I just happened to be on my phone, about to fall asleep the other night when the linsoul “lokahi in-stock” email popped up and so I just ordered on impulse.

The IEM’s showed up yesterday and just got a chance to give them a listen this afternoon.

Pretty damn impressed straight out of the box. Only spent about 30 minutes with them so far, but I can easily say this ~$200 set is at least in the same ballpark as U12T, which is just crazy.

Much respect to the homies building and selling these iem’s. I’d love an opportunity to check out their other sets now too.
The treble extension on the Lokahi is impressive.

Aug 20, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #689 of 760
PWAudio Legend seems like a great cable pairing so far with the Lokahi. It’s not terribly expensive, looks cool, sounds fantastic. Though maybe not quite as soft/supple as one might prefer, it does wear and feel miles beyond better than The Flash cable which is another of PWA’s “entry level” models I’ve gotten a chance to play with recently (currently attached to my EJ07).

It may sound crazy but at least with this Legend cable, the bass on Lokahi is actually reminding quite a bit of LegendX.

The shells are pretty too. Lots of small intricate detail in the swirls of the material. Will try to take some decent pics of my set perhaps later, but it clearly looks to me like there was some definite intention put into the visual design of the faceplates as one can easily see that the pattern looks similar on both the left and right earpiece - almost looks like a Chinese stork or something of that ilk.

E805D9B0-65AA-4525-A8E2-56D552F7E679.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back