Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Apr 30, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #556 of 760
Take to nondestructive inspection lab to have internals scanned to verify what the hole is. Or, maybe we could ask the maker.
With AZLA tips, I didn't have any suction but didn't have a great seal either. Switched to KZ flipped tips and a much better seal but one ear definitely didn't want to let go. The bass drops off quickly on these if the seal isn't very good.

Apr 30, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #557 of 760
With AZLA tips, I didn't have any suction but didn't have a great seal either. Switched to KZ flipped tips and a much better seal but one ear definitely didn't want to let go. The bass drops off quickly on these if the seal isn't very good.
Is the Lokahi a winner..?

May 1, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #559 of 760
Seriously i think i have bad ears. I A/B Lokahi vs SSR vs V90 vs Lark and all have almost similar resolution. I can only hear differences in

1) type of bass - slam vs tight
2) separation - closed up vs define and open
3) soundstage - in the head vs outside head
4) tonality - this one is hard to explain but its there
5) siblance - sss..

I think its safe to say decent iem nowadays are very capable in creating resolution and separation. The difference been accuracy of sound reproduction, yet most are decently well define with very small differences.

That been said, Lokahi has its strength in separation, airiness and resolution. I kindda like its bass too (i cheated - used bass boost on IFI hip dac). Now i am interested to know if the 500/1000usd iems are able to have greater differences that my bad ears can pick up.

May 1, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #561 of 760
I took out my Lokahis again and mmm mmm they are so good. I absolutely love listening to japanese female vocals on this set.

I enjoy female vocals on this set more than the clairs and z1r. Even though those two are clearly better iema as a whole. Just goes to show there definately isnt one iem to rule over all.

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #562 of 760
Seriously i think i have bad ears. I A/B Lokahi vs SSR vs V90 vs Lark and all have almost similar resolution. I can only hear differences in

1) type of bass - slam vs tight
2) separation - closed up vs define and open
3) soundstage - in the head vs outside head
4) tonality - this one is hard to explain but its there
5) siblance - sss..

I think its safe to say decent iem nowadays are very capable in creating resolution and separation. The difference been accuracy of sound reproduction, yet most are decently well define with very small differences.

That been said, Lokahi has its strength in separation, airiness and resolution. I kindda like its bass too (i cheated - used bass boost on IFI hip dac). Now i am interested to know if the 500/1000usd iems are able to have greater differences that my bad ears can pick up.
I am mainly a budget guy too and I think you nailed the separation, airiness, resolution idea. Also the tuning as a whole is solid whereas so many budget sets will have an obvious issue. Same on a strong upper range, the Lokahi is really good where most budget sets will drop it off to hide problems or those become the obvious issues. There are times I like a big DD thump and then there are times I want the bass to stay in its lane and focus on clean, detailed vocals or something else. The Lokahi won't scratch the big rumble itch but it's speed and texture still had me running thru tracks just to hear them on the Lokahi.

May 1, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #563 of 760
May 1, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #566 of 760
Been listening to my Clairvoyance for the past couple days. Found myself missing the Lokahi. As a whole the clairs are definately a step up. But something about the Lokahi keepa drawing me back. When I slipped these backon im just like "ah, I kinda missed this". Between the Clairs and Lokahi my z1rs are back in its case resting along with my other iems and headphones.
Do you prefer the Clairs over the z1rs?

May 1, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #567 of 760
Maybe not yet. Or maybe it just costs a lot more.
All iems and headphones pretty much have single sound signature, even if they have multiple sound signatures(like filters or switches), the change would be subtle. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY one specific sound signature can be best match for all kind of musics. With that being said there won't be an absolute best iems or headphones what so ever.

May 1, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #568 of 760
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY one specific sound signature can be best match for all kind of musics. With that being said there won't be an absolute best iems or headphones what so ever.
It doesn't have to be about music, though. You can't keep inventing new genres of music(as does happen), and create an artificial need for a headphone with a tuning that specifically matches that new genre. Why not simply use a headphone that can accurately produce all sounds extremely well, catering to no genre, and call it a day? That's what I want - a high-end all-arounder(like HE-6, LCD-3, 1266, Clair). There's also movies, games, podcasts, YouTube, etc. I don't really want to switch between 9 IEMs, for each genre.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #569 of 760
It doesn't have to be about music, though. You can't keep inventing new genres of music(as does happen), and create an artificial need for a headphone with a tuning that specifically matches that new genre. Why not simply use a headphone that can accurately produce all sounds extremely well, catering to no genre, and call it a day? That's what I want - a high-end all-arounder(like HE-6, LCD-3, 1266, Clair). There's also movies, games, podcasts, YouTube, etc. I don't really want to switch between 9 IEMs, for each genre.
thats what I mean though, clairs are very well rounded. But when I specifically want to listen to female vocals I till prefer the lokahis. Something that caters to all genres will definately be compromising something. Which is why all rounded iems or hp will still lose out to the ones catering to a specific genre

May 2, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #570 of 760
I m not saying that you have to switch several iems for different genres. Sure you can use one good iem for everything, but the more you listen to different sets the more you will find some specific aspects of different sets give you a satisfying and refreshing feeling. It's not about the price or accuracy it's more about the taste. Like you probably won't say some food is the best in the world and eat it for everyday. You will get bored eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back