Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #526 of 760
I did listen to a few rock songs with male vocals, and I would feel like they did sound a bit smothered by the rest of the sound. If any specific area sounded that way, it would be the male vocals.

The Blessing 2 is a more clear presentation, with more depth and incisive sound. I think Blessing 2 is more like listening in the mid-to-front of a concert, where the Lokahi is front row. The Mangird Tea is a darker IEM than both of these. I think its the most lush and thick sounding of the three. It's probably the best for long-term listening sessions.
Thanks for the comparison!
Couple of people have experienced this issue with male vocals...

Apr 15, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #527 of 760
The Mangird Tea is a darker IEM than both of these. I think its the most lush and thick sounding of the three. It's probably the best for long-term listening sessions.
I like the sound of that..! :0 Maybe I should try em after all. Do they sound like an LCD, then? Is there a need for Lokahi if you have a Tea?

This is a bad one for me...
"I do find it lacks a lot of soundstage space."

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #528 of 760
Apr 15, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #529 of 760
I like the sound of that..! :0 Maybe I should try em after all. Do they sound like an LCD, then? Is there a need for Lokahi if you have a Tea?

When I use my IEMs through the E1DA 9038s Gen2 hooked to my Huawei P20 smartphone, the presentation of sound is flat & very upfront, sloppy in the bass, and suffers from "double vision".

When I use the same IEM through the E1DA 9038s Gen2 hooked up to my crappy, noisy front USB port on my computer, the whole presentation is pushed back several inches and everything is given space and room to breathe, bass gains immense depth and tightness and overall sound gains focus like a perfectly calibrated binocular.

Like, there is nothing even remotely ambiguous about the transformation of the sound.

Moral of the story; source device matters a YUUUGE amount. So, don't be too discouraged yet.

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #530 of 760
how about vs moondrop S8 ?
Never tried the S8!

In terms of chifi iems, tea is probably closer to LCD signature. I am not a big audeze house sound fan myself, so yea. :) I do own the Audeze Sine, but that's tuned much differently than the rest of the Audeze stuff.

Apr 17, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #531 of 760
I think 3 more just shipped. 15 down. 20 more til mine(#36 of 46)...

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #533 of 760
Has anyone received their lokahi recently?
Anyone from here next in the line(26-40)?
Would like to see more impressions...
I got mine. For about 2 weeks or so. Treble extension is there, but just like the graph, only at certain frequencies is extended. And only certain hits in a song or certain songs in which you can hear the elevated treble. Otherwise, it's very good value. Soundstage is a bit weird, in a good way.

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #534 of 760
02527511-1D4F-4FD4-A05D-2C42E739379D.jpeg

Mine came back from a mini US tour.

UAPP -> 9038SG3 susumu3000 with 25MHz master clock + Linear Phase slow filter -> Dunu cable -> Lokahi

Enjoying Soundgarden at midnight.

Apr 23, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #538 of 760
Never had any all BA headphones, so that's why I'm asking, don't know what to expect. :) I do know BA can't compare with DD on bass but I'm interested to try them out.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #539 of 760
Does it sound like a spherical soundstage? Or more front-back narrow? Do you feel it's worth the price with the competition?

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #540 of 760
Been listening to my Clairvoyance for the past couple days. Found myself missing the Lokahi. As a whole the clairs are definately a step up. But something about the Lokahi keepa drawing me back. When I slipped these backon im just like "ah, I kinda missed this". Between the Clairs and Lokahi my z1rs are back in its case resting along with my other iems and headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back