Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Feb 19, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #167 of 760
Thanks for the help:)
Do you think easy to drive iems benefit from a high end dac in terms of stage, details and extension?
Or would the difference be very subtle and not worth the money?
Usually with BA iems, a better AMP (with lower output impedance) will help with lowering/removing hiss. But sound wise they shouldnt improve as much as iems with DDs. Since BAs are very sensitive and isnt power hungry.

Of course if your source is garbage then yeah...it would certainly improve the sound.

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #168 of 760
Has anyone personally bought from 学生派音乐 / Student Club Music on Xian Yu and can confirm that they are 100% the thing that BGGAR reviewed and what Linsoul sells?
from the shell design alone, yes,
so 99% confirmation.

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #169 of 760
Usually with BA iems, a better AMP (with lower output impedance) will help with lowering/removing hiss. But sound wise they shouldnt improve as much as iems with DDs. Since BAs are very sensitive and isnt power hungry.

Of course if your source is garbage then yeah...it would certainly improve the sound.
Thanks for the help!
Didn't know that ba drivers were so efficient...
Does a source make a huge difference in sound?
For example, would i notice a difference in sound between the apple usb dac and a topping e30?

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #170 of 760
Thanks for the help!
Didn't know that ba drivers were so efficient...
Does a source make a huge difference in sound?
For example, would i notice a difference in sound between the apple usb dac and a topping e30?
The apple dongle has both a dac + amp, while the E30 is just a dac (so you need another amp for it).

Sound wise, the dac wont make any changes. But depending on what amp you decide to pair the E30 with, you could see some improvements. But the apple dongle should be a pretty good source (for the price at least) though, so I would try it and if you arent satisfied then you could try the E30 + amp combo.

Feb 19, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #171 of 760
The apple dongle has both a dac + amp, while the E30 is just a dac (so you need another amp for it).

Sound wise, the dac wont make any changes. But depending on what amp you decide to pair the E30 with, you could see some improvements. But the apple dongle should be a pretty good source (for the price at least) though, so I would try it and if you arent satisfied then you could try the E30 + amp combo.
Appreciate the help mate!

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #172 of 760
Really hyped for this set. I think this one might be the one to get for a while. I always wanted a full BA solution to compliment my DD set. Extension and tuning looks wild, I wonder why it took until now for someone to make this. It arguably measures better than the 64audio U12T smh that mofo is considered good because of its agreeable tuning + competent BA bass.

I wonder about the bass on the Lokahi and what model of BA drivers are used.

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #173 of 760
Really hyped for this set. I think this one might be the one to get for a while. I always wanted a full BA solution to compliment my DD set. Extension and tuning looks wild, I wonder why it took until now for someone to make this. It arguably measures better than the 64audio U12T smh that mofo is considered good because of its agreeable tuning + competent BA bass.

I wonder about the bass on the Lokahi and what model of BA drivers are used

I wonder about the bass on the Lokahi and what model of BA drivers are used.
I think it probably uses Chinese made BA drivers like KZ. Since this thing in China is only selling for $130 I don't think there is any room of profit if it used sonion or knowles drivers

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #177 of 760
I dunno man, unless someone breaks theirs we are unlikely to ever know.
What's reassuring is that BGGAR did not complain about any BA timbre. He is usually down on BA sets too, yet, loves this set. If the BA used in this were crappy ones, I think his OCD tendencies would take notice of that.
I'm predicting a very high A+ ranking on his sheet.

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #178 of 760
We need to get Magnum P.I. up in this joint, boys. We need a Hero.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #179 of 760
the nozzles are not properly molded and drilled
the plastic sound bores are exposed in the extended metal tube

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #180 of 760
What's reassuring is that BGGAR did not complain about any BA timbre. He is usually down on BA sets too, yet, loves this set. If the BA used in this were crappy ones, I think his OCD tendencies would take notice of that.
I'm predicting a very high A+ ranking on his sheet.
Yeah but one thing keep in mind is that this is a personal DIY set, not made in OEM factory. The QC control is what worries me a lot. BGGAR got a perfect set doesn't mean you are guaranteed to get exactly the same set. I've heard lots of people talking bad about Chinese DIY iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back