Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Feb 20, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #196 of 760
Well what you expect from DIYs? Especially for this price, I know there has to be somewhere he cuts down for the budget. I don't even think he can use 14 legit high quality brand BAs for this price. What we know is that tunning looks fantastic, I am skeptical on everything besides that.
So build then? I'm sure BGGAR would comment on that if anything was out of the ordinary. He has gone on and on about the tuning which yes it looks basically flawless. I had to ask him about stage and imaging and apparently these are solid on that front. He said its especially wide sounding. No crazy "3D" capabilities though. Very good bass for being BA. BA timbre seems to be very low too, according to BGGAR.

Feb 20, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #197 of 760
Well if you guys don’t mind a rebranded name, hike of $100. I have no say.

I am thinking it’s Storm, just a name change to “Lokahi” - I can’t find any evidence of 8BA or a 8+1DD. It has always been a 7BA on the webpage I purchased from. Aur Audio/violator73 did not take ownership of what it was initially marketed as. So Storm and Nimbus mysteriously disappeared instead replaced by Lokahi - a terrible name tbh. But it’s your choice.
It's not a bad name imo... They seem to be going the Hawaiian name route, it seems, to stand out.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #198 of 760
Bruv what? The 7BA Storm has already been paid for and I'm waiting for arrival.
Do you actually see pics of the sound bore on Linsoul? (the flaw which I described). It is clearly not fully shown on the webpage.

I have the older model (3BA +1DD) from the guy on XianYu himself, which use the same nozzle design.

You can clearly see the plastic tubes - it's exposed and movable.
That's not a proper nozzle at all and I don't doubt they'll use the same for the "Lokahi/Storm"
Why not ask another user to confirm my findings or actually buying one yourself

Here is an actual comparison to a proper metal nozzle - the JQ 8+1pro

Yeah tube situation seems a little sketchy. How was the sound of that set? Anything affected by the tube situation?

Feb 20, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #200 of 760
98% IEMs that have BA drivers use tubes.

Of course. "The tube situation" isnt reffering to the use of tubes. It's reffering to the tubes not being held in place - free floating in the nozzle.

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #201 of 760
$329 for "8 BA Storm" there? Damn... At least you get to choose 2 pin or MMCX, which I didn't get to at Linsoul :xf_mad:

Feb 20, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #202 of 760
Oh no!! An iem that looks like its made from chewed bubblegum and toenails has a weird bore structure. This will not stand, man.
lmao just what I thought about the pastel pink and blue. I chose the grey one because of that
Well what you expect from DIYs? Especially for this price, I know there has to be somewhere he cuts down for the budget. I don't even think he can use 14 legit high quality brand BAs for this price. What we know is that tunning looks fantastic, I am skeptical on everything besides that.
well I got a 12ba1dd DIY from China with proper nozzles for just under $150.... even KZ does so. So I think there should be no excuses here of having a resin-molded shell with sound bores neatly drilled or fastened
Yeah tube situation seems a little sketchy. How was the sound of that set? Anything affected by the tube situation?
I don't think it affects the sound, but it looks unfinished and will be problematic to clean. So far the 3BA 1DD isn't really an eye opener, and the DD it employs produces bass which is too light. Female vocals shines, quite a wide and convincing soundstage but not a giant killer. It sounds a little biting like Orfofon EQ-8 but more so, and a little reminiscent of the ATH-CK10. It generally performs about alright for only 388 yuan ($59). Focus is on high mids and treble and does get quite strident and messy at times when music is busy. I prefer the Japanese Intime SORA 2 which has more balance.

second edit*: The bass presence on the 3BA 1DD aka "388" is weak and it lack the decay for faster-paced music and also in providing better body.
Clarity is leagues above its price and female vocal is spot on. In the album, La Question (1970) by Francoise Hardy I am able to immerse in binaural effects of vocals (Track 05: Le martien). It is able to evoke the airy atmosphere and delicate, lush voice of this album. However the bass recession and lack of decay deprives me for a holistic enjoyment. Vocals are not nasal luckily, which is a good thing. In conclusion I find the seller's description to be somewhat true - that it "can contend with IEMs in the 2000yuan ($300) bracket". But IMO within this price range the FLC 8N, Intime Sora is much better tuned. A good attempt, but wasted potential (the crappy bass) that I hope the 7BA storm will redeem.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #203 of 760
98% IEMs that have BA drivers use tubes.

Sorry but not true. There are still tons that just shove armatures in the nozzle. Lucky if 60% do. Sony armatures have nothing to tube to nor do open air armatures. Quite a few use inner holders and no tubes. Tubes are being used more now but, admit it :), the 98% number came out of your a**.

Feb 20, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #205 of 760
$329 for "8 BA Storm" there? Damn... At least you get to choose 2 pin or MMCX, which I didn't get to at Linsoul :xf_mad:
That is in Singapore Dollars which also roughly converts to a little under US$250
Aur's narrative is that they are authorized to sell a "8BA Storm" and the now "7BA+1DD Nimbus". Rather sketchy as the Nimbus was initially marketed as 8BA+1DD, which brings the attention back to Nicholas, whether he could be trusted on his flip-flop marketing concept. We will find out once we compare Linsoul-renamed 7BA "Audio Lokahi" and the "8BA Storm" from Aur's website. My 7BA Storm is directly sourced from Xianyu app, the DIYer 学生派音乐 himself

Feb 20, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #206 of 760
That is in Singapore Dollars which also roughly converts to a little under US$250
Aur's narrative is that they are authorized to sell a "8BA Storm" and the now "7BA+1DD Nimbus". Rather sketchy as the Nimbus was initially marketed as 8BA+1DD, which brings the attention back to Nicholas, whether he could be trusted on his flip-flop marketing concept. We will find out once we compare Linsoul-renamed 7BA "Audio Lokahi" and the "8BA Storm" from Aur's website. My 7BA Storm is directly sourced from Xianyu app, the DIYer 学生派音乐 himself

In Nicholas' defense, they put the the "7" and "8" key awfully close together on the keyboard.

Feb 20, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #207 of 760
Chinese keyboards have about 2,500 keys, as well, I read. Can you imagine.

Feb 20, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #208 of 760
Bruv what? The 7BA Storm has already been paid for and I'm waiting for arrival.
Do you actually see pics of the sound bore on Linsoul? (the flaw which I described). It is clearly not fully shown on the webpage.

I have the older model (3BA +1DD) from the guy on XianYu himself, which use the same nozzle design.

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-20 at 1.09.17 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-20 at 1.09.17 PM.jpeg

You can clearly see the plastic tubes - it's exposed and movable.
That's not a proper nozzle at all and I don't doubt they'll use the same for the "Lokahi/Storm"
Why not ask another user to confirm my findings or actually buying one yourself

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-20 at 1.09.18 PM.jpeg

Here is an actual comparison to a proper metal nozzle - the JQ 8+1pro
Actually i also curious with this 3+1, how is it for less than 500 rmb?

Feb 21, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #210 of 760
Sorry but not true. There are still tons that just shove armatures in the nozzle. Lucky if 60% do. Sony armatures have nothing to tube to nor do open air armatures. Quite a few use inner holders and no tubes. Tubes are being used more now but, admit it :), the 98% number came out of your a**.
I'm talking about multi-ba IEMs dude not hybrids with 1BA that can be showed into the nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back