Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Feb 16, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #152 of 760
What other iem do you have to be able to make a comparison?
Take your picks, it's all listed in my contents. I'm listening to UM 2HT now.

Feb 17, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #153 of 760
Ok, for anyone as confused as I was:

Original seller and the person who makes the IEM: 学生派音乐

App: 闲鱼 - Xian Yu, the largest secondhand goods marketplace in China. You *must* use this app as there isn't a website version.

Seller's Page: https://c.tb.cn/s5.egJTi

Link to Item: https://market.m.taobao.com/app/idl...etail.623408955554.2201273075261&forceFlush=1

Item Name: 风暴 - feng bao - wind storm (includes hurricanes, tornados, cyclones, and wind storms fed by fires)
Do you also have the link for the Nimbus equivalent? I know it's not called the Nimbus and I don't speak Mandarin, so I'm not able to search it.

Feb 17, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #154 of 760
Do you also have the link for the Nimbus equivalent? I know it's not called the Nimbus and I don't speak Mandarin, so I'm not able to search it.

I have no idea. The guy doesn't list anything other than his original 7 BA model, so whatever other configuration is out there is likely made for a particular reseller, and could be found on the reseller's page.

Feb 17, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #155 of 760
Feb 18, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #156 of 760
Nimbus should cost more than Storm. The model from the link you posted is selling at RMB$468 compared to RMB$788 for the Storm. Also like what @fuzzybabybunny mentioned, the diy maker don't seem to have listed any higher end model other than the 7BA one.

Some info for oversea folks who wish to purchase the storm directly from the maker through a proxy service, according to domestic buyers the delivery lead time is around 1 month. Now with linsoul jumping onto the train, the wait time for fulfillment may or may not be longer depending on whether the maker is able to ramp up production. But do expect to wait for at least 1 month + whatever shipping time it takes to destination country on proxy side. But i think ultimately the wait is worth it for the substantial savings in cost compared to buying from those online resellers.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #157 of 760
Nimbus should cost more than Storm. The model from the link you posted is selling at RMB$468 compared to RMB$788 for the Storm. Also like what @fuzzybabybunny mentioned, the diy maker don't seem to have listed any higher end model other than the 7BA one.

Some info for oversea folks who wish to purchase the storm directly from the maker through a proxy service, according to domestic buyers the delivery lead time is around 1 month. Now with linsoul jumping onto the train, the wait time for fulfillment may or may not be longer depending on whether the maker is able to ramp up production. But do expect to wait for at least 1 month + whatever shipping time it takes to destination country on proxy side. But i think ultimately the wait is worth it for the substantial savings in cost compared to buying from those online resellers.
ok noted! I hope is worth the wait☺️

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #162 of 760
I get the sense that the storm being 8 ba was misstated somewhere and then got repeated around town without correction. Id bet the storm and lokahi are the same 7ba unit. I believe they changed the name to avoid disputes with Aur Audio, who had some kind of exclusive deal to distribute the storm. I could be wrong. Thats just my take.

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #163 of 760
Does the lokahi/storm benefit from an dac? Does anyone know about it's impedance?
Just pre ordered them from linsoul will take about 20-30 days to ship them(says linsoul)

HBB says it runs fine off of his phone. So seems to be pretty efficient. I havnt seen any specs though. We still dont even really know the company name or driver count 😆

Linsouls fb page and instagram and discord post all said 10 -20 business days. So slightly faster maybe.

Feb 18, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #164 of 760
Welp, I'm in. BRB in a month, I guess lol. Zzz... :sleeping:💤

Feb 18, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #165 of 760
HBB says it runs fine off of his phone. So seems to be pretty efficient. I havnt seen any specs though. We still dont even really know the company name or driver count 😆

Linsouls fb page and instagram and discord post all said 10 -20 business days. So slightly faster maybe.
Thanks for the help:)
Do you think easy to drive iems benefit from a high end dac in terms of stage, details and extension?
Or would the difference be very subtle and not worth the money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back