audio interface or DAC
Jul 9, 2012 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thatguy1

New Head-Fier
Hi, I was wondering what audio interfaces or DAC's is the best investment around 500 usd. I will be using it with the lcd 2 r2 for producing music. I was thinking of Benchmark DAC1 but after some thought I thought it was a little too expensive, any recommendations?

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #4 of 6
I owned 2 Benchmark Dac1s in my past and while it is a good dac and can be had for around $500 used, I think there might be a few nicer sounding ones.  Two that would be on my short list although I have not heard them would be the Apogee Duet 2 for a Mac and the Halide Dac Hd for either Mac or PC.  In either case it would help to try them first or buy with a trial period.

Edit:

Whoa you did not tell us if you have an amp for the LCD 2, and using headphones for producing music??, not sure I would.

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah I don't have an amp for the LCD 2.. Not sure if can afford one now, a decent audio interface is what I'm going for now. I will check on these.

Producing with headphones is alright.. not as good as with good monitors though but okay.

Thanks for the replies :)

Jul 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 6
If you don't have an amp then your best bet is probably getting a good amp/DAC combo instead.

Any specific features you need? (S/PDIF, USB, XLR jacks, 192kHz playback, stuff like that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back