Audio Grade Fuses
Jul 16, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #481 of 798
No problem about the "good direction".
I was nervous about that, but it is very audible. Easy listening. 😉

Thus, the system must be accurate...

Sep 2, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #482 of 798
Yes, I have in my Hypsos as well as others. US ones are only single. EU I believe take 2.
I also changed it on the Hypsos. I like the change. Sounds like a solid upgrade.

Sep 2, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #483 of 798
If the fuse is installed in a wrong direction, the sound will be odd. If the fuse's direction is not marked like Hi Fi Tuning, the general rule is look at/face the name and lettering, the direction is from left to right.
I'm using SR Purple on the Hypsos. I checked with support and they didn't give me a definitive answer but he thinks this the flow direction for the fuse. My understanding for the SR Purple they go left to right S and end at R. Does this seem like the correct orientation. I don't want to go off my ear. Too much time in between to do a proper A/B.

1662169608193.png

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #484 of 798
I'm using SR Purple on the Hypsos. I checked with support and they didn't give me a definitive answer but he thinks this the flow direction for the fuse. My understanding for the SR Purple they go left to right S and end at R. Does this seem like the correct orientation. I don't want to go off my ear. Too much time in between to do a proper A/B.

1662169608193.png
This is how I have it.

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #485 of 798
With fuses, do you hear a difference with burn in? And is performance increase linear or does it get better then worse then better and slowly get to the final outcome after a windy road? Also, for use with Hypsos for example ... I don't need to play music through it to burn in? Can I just leave it on for 1 week? Thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #486 of 798
People who dive in to a lot of this stuff will naturally also believe literally everything has appreciable burn in benefits, so you kind of already know the answer

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #487 of 798
In the Gustard X26 pro (U18 as well) thread most who changed the fuse prefer the SR Purple.
Funny enough I can't remember anyone in the Ferrum thread even mentioning changing their Hypsos fuse... Isn't the Oor's fuse not changeable?
The Devices I'm thinking about tweaking...
Anyone experience with these devices in here?
Yes, HYPSOS fuse can be changed easily. Highly recommended.

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #488 of 798
With fuses, do you hear a difference with burn in? And is performance increase linear or does it get better then worse then better and slowly get to the final outcome after a windy road? Also, for use with Hypsos for example ... I don't need to play music through it to burn in? Can I just leave it on for 1 week? Thanks.
I've noticed a difference with burn in, it doesn't seem to fluctuate but starts to open up after a few days, its gradual.

You could probably just leave it on because as long as its on, all incoming power will go through that fuse.

Sep 2, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #489 of 798
As has been previously noted, the Purp fuses do take a considerable amount of time for 'Full Burn In', as the pamphlet that accompanies the Purp Fuse states "The first 200-300 hours of use are the most crucial."

And yes the SQ will shift and change during all of this, at least it did in my system.

JJ

Sep 3, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #490 of 798
Thanks for the help found a great deal on a SR blue. Worse case is there no differences and I will return it. Hopefully there be some improvements, I figure only way to tell is to test it with my system.
I’m pretty certain this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but bears repeating: if you are not sure a fuse will make a difference, try replacing them with copper wire… if you hear a difference, you might want to try a fuse :)

Sep 3, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #491 of 798

Don't be afraid.

It really easy only by ear to know the right direction. 👌

Right direction? = everything is immediately better.

Wrong direction? = low end is not so precise, transients are "muted" (so to speak...), there is no 3d effect, etc.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 3:29 AM Post #492 of 798
You have to play music or noise to let some current flow through the fuse to burn in, all the fuses I have their sound improve pretty linear.

Sep 3, 2022 at 3:34 AM Post #493 of 798
Yes.

Sep 3, 2022 at 3:35 AM Post #494 of 798
People who dive in to a lot of this stuff will naturally also believe literally everything has appreciable burn in benefits, so you kind of already know the answer
If the system is detailed enough, people will tell the difference, but the process is slow, the ears might adjust to the sound already that make it hard to tell. I had my preamp ordered new and listened it for a few days, then I hooked it up with a CDP, took the bottom cover off, placed a fan next to it to cool, I left it there for 395 hours, after that, I put it back into my system, Holy Shxxxt! A huge difference!

Sep 3, 2022 at 3:44 AM Post #495 of 798
If your system has 6 or more fuses, it is very hard to single out each one before you get really mad, sad, or just want to kick something!! I been there, just before I tired to kill myself, I took one step back look at the "industry standard" that is if you look at the fuse facing the logo letting in the right way, the direction of the fuse is from left to right. I did just that, I reseted all the fuses and then flip and listened to each one, everything was in order, the system sounded just right and engaging. This may not be 100% correct BUT you can get them at least 90% right then go from there. Good luck!

Griffin

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back