Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
Aug 19, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #77 of 646
Not sure if I should update my firmware. I have occasional problems where music sounds a millisec out of sync. Simply restarting my DAC fixes it though. I am using usb 3.0 though.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #78 of 646
Since I updated my firmware to 9-3 I haven't been getting that  BSOD using USB input, also my ASIO been working like it should as well. Also my audio hasn't been cutting out while watching videos on comcast Xinfity like it used to.

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #80 of 646
...just a quick subjective remark:

Latest USB-32 firmware 9-3 is the best USB-32 firmware so far: resulting NFB-11.32 sound is very "clear" and very detailed with most extended low bass. Audibly better than all previous versions.

(NFB-11.32; both USB2.0 and USB3.0 ports; Windows 8 x64)

It may seem strange that such things as USB interface firmware affect audio quality - but, to my ears, they do.

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #81 of 646
Got today NFB 11.32 with firmware #7 from sale forum here and installed latest USB driver called V2.0 at website but 1.0 by setup and restarted my Win 7 Pro 64bit system with all latest updates but looks like driver didn't install as need since neither windows nor via control panel shows sampling rate higher than 48 kHz, also when copied provided viaasio.dll to all possible locations of latest version of foobar I can't add it since it's not listed, only wasapi is. Any suggestions. Unit is set as usb input and fixed output

Aug 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #82 of 646
Did you have the unit on when you was installing the drivers, because if you don't the drivers wont install.

Aug 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #83 of 646
Did you have the unit on when you was installing the drivers, because if you don't the drivers wont install.

Sure I had unit on. I also just increased number of samples as suggested in the video but it makes no difference. Be aware that I'm using Audioquest Carbon USB cable which works perfectly with both WA7 and Byfrost Uber

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #84 of 646
Oh it did installed, Try another usb port. I never had that issue happen to me on my NFB15.32 with USB32 with that driver ver.

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #85 of 646
So i did try different port without restarting the computer and windows recognized it as Audio-gd SPIDF (before I also had speakers) and via panel lists only SPIDF out so I without problems selected 32 bit depth and 192 kHz sampling rate and I also upgraded firmware to version 9-3 before switching the port. So now I can use foobar with wasapi event out but not asio. I copied viaasio.dll from plugs folder to components folder but can't add new entry since it's not listed. I also tried copying the file to user components as well as foo_asio subfolder but it made no difference. I also tried to use newer version of file from via asio folder but it made no difference. I use version 1.29 of foobar

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #86 of 646
I had that issue as well where asio stop showing up and working, in the end after fighting it. I in up using Asio4All and left it alone.

Sep 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #87 of 646
So i did try different port without restarting the computer and windows recognized it as Audio-gd SPIDF (before I also had speakers) and via panel lists only SPIDF out so I without problems selected 32 bit depth and 192 kHz sampling rate and I also upgraded firmware to version 9-3 before switching the port. So now I can use foobar with wasapi event out but not asio. I copied viaasio.dll from plugs folder to components folder but can't add new entry since it's not listed. I also tried copying the file to user components as well as foo_asio subfolder but it made no difference. I also tried to use newer version of file from via asio folder but it made no difference. I use version 1.29 of foobar

Did you include "ASIOhost32.exe" and "ASIOhost64.exe" when you added "viaasio.dll" and "foo_out_asio.dll" to \foobar2000\components\ ? If not, get it here: http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_asio
Did you enable Audio-gd device in "VIA ASIO.exe" shortcut on your desktop? See here: http://audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/ASIObuf.jpg

ASIO should show up in foobar if you do above.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #88 of 646
Does using USB 3.0 ports over USB 2.0 ports make a difference?

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #89 of 646
This would make me easier to A/B it with another USB interface I have.
26.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #90 of 646
Is anybody successfully connecting any Audio-GD dac to a USB 3.0 port on a 2012 or 2013 model iMac, or if not, to a USB 3.0 port on any Mac (Macbook, Air, Mini, Pro)?

I ask because I have a late 2012 model iMac, for which all the USB ports are v3.0, and I planned on purchasing an NFB 15.32 and running it off one of those ports.  However, Kingwa hasn't tested his DACs on a USB 3 port of an iMac, and has asked me to post here to find out if anyone else has done so. 

Thanks for any useful feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back