Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
Feb 12, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #196 of 646
  Any further information would be great....

In the archive downloaded from audio-gd pages, you will find all files (included the firmware and firmware update tool) and 3 documents with all instructions:
1_Read me at first
2_Firmware update  guide
3_Driver2014 install guide

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #197 of 646
Did you download the driver from the following link?

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm

You can download the  "Download the USB32 driver 2014"

All the information to install the firmware are in the documents, just take your time to read them and while the firmware is updating DON'T turn your computer off, DON'T turn the NFB-11.32 off or switch either off and DON'T Pull the usb cable.

There's a video included so you can see an example of how it's done.

Feb 12, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #198 of 646

In the archive downloaded from audio-gd pages, you will find all files (included the firmware and firmware update tool) and 3 documents with all instructions:
1_Read me at first
2_Firmware update  guide
3_Driver2014 install guide

I am following the instructions from the 'For the products shipping since 14th May. 2013 .' links. Nothing I downloaded contains those 3 files, a direct link would be appreciated, or any link to 'firmware'. A google search for 'audio gd firmware' leads back to the page already repeatedly mentioned which doesn't even have the word 'firmware' on it and also this forum.
  Did you download the driver from the following link?

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USB32/USB32EN.htm

You can download the  "Download the USB32 driver 2014"

All the information to install the firmware are in the documents, just take your time to read them and while the firmware is updating DON'T turn your computer off, DON'T turn the NFB-11.32 off or switch either off and DON'T Pull the usb cable.

There's a video included so you can see an example of how it's done.

No because it is second hand and slightly older. I have the previous drivers.

I don't need information to install firmware, I need the firmware if it is something different than the enclosed drivers in the .rar.

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #199 of 646
Right, I have now found the firmware archive myself after sifting through the 'Audio-gd Digital Interface' thread.

Next problem; which firmware do I need and how to install it. I get the impression its #7 from some posts in that thread, but I am unsure so I tried the 'firmware upgrade tool' which doesn't even detect the device under the 'usb devices' drop down box. The saga continues. Any help appreciated. Or better yet a step by step guide on how to getting one of these devices to work. I am amazed I haven't came across one. Maybe I should've just got an ODAC and avoided this complete nightmare.

Oh forgot to add, even if I want to try the #7 firmware its just a file, no instructions what to do with and windows doesn't know either.

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #200 of 646
My NFB-1.32 is from October 2012 and I flashed it with the newest firmware and installed the newest drivers.   Let me explain, when it refers to date, it means the driver is compatible with the firmware that your NFB-11.32 had when it was shipped. If you flash it, it doesn't matter  what date your product is, because those drivers are compatible with the version of the firmware that came in the .rar.

Though if you want the drivers for your specific firmware you're going to have to mail Kingwa to ask.

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #201 of 646
  My NFB-1.32 is from October 2012 and I flashed it with the newest firmware and installed the newest drivers.   Let me explain, when it refers to date, it means the driver is compatible with the firmware that your NFB-11.32 had when it was shipped. If you flash it, it doesn't matter  what date your product is, because those drivers are compatible with the version of the firmware that came in the .rar.

Though if you want the drivers for your specific firmware you're going to have to mail Kingwa to ask.

Great. But I still get the same message from the newer installer and don't know how to 'Flash with the newest firmware'

'SETUP LOG:  DATE 2-12-2014 TIME 22:36:42
Installed components :
None

Fail to Installed components :
audio-gd  Ver1.2.0

Also I have no idea what you mean by that last statement.
 '

Feb 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #203 of 646
Can anyone say EXACTLY what power lead I should have for NFB 11.32? I think I may have found the root cause of my problems as I had to buy both the leads as the seller didn't provide.

The lead I have has '13A 250V' on the plug and '10A 250V' on the connecting end, is that incorrect?

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #205 of 646

Thank you guys for all the info provided. It seems to be just about right time to flash my Reference 10.32 with the latest firmware and install the new 2014V2 USB drivers. I am very curious what change in sound this upgrade will bring. 

Feb 13, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #206 of 646
I installed the 2014 firmware/driver and I no longer have the 32 bit option, only the choice between 16 and 24 bit. Is this normal? I've always had it set to 32 bit in the previous version.

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #210 of 646
I have made an upgrade of FW and drivers of myRef 10.32 yesterday. It was a piece of cake (Windows XP machine).
In foobar 1.2.9 I have all bit options listed - 8 16 24 32
No problems at all. 
Sound wise I still prefer SPDIF input via modded HiFace as it sounds more warm/analogue like,
but in comparison with fw #3 I had before this newest fw sounds via USB much more balanced, no harsh trebles
and very detailed. Still need to check it out with ASIO drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back