Audio GD SA-31 head amp/ preamp . A powerfull Head Amp with Diamond Difference design .
Aug 19, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #391 of 444
The SA31SE is no longer on their website :blink:
Strange it is... I suppose I should be grateful I snatched mine awhile back but I hope Kingwa isn't phasing this beast out [though he very well might be :frowning2: ]
Kingwa told me a long time ago the SA series was not do popular and he would discontinue it. It started with the DACs and now the amp.

The Master 7 is actually more "musical" than the SA-2. Go figure...

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #392 of 444
Does anyone know if the SA-31SE comes with acss input ?
I found pictures of a version with acss (which is not the one of audio gd website) but it is labelled "output", and that sound a bit unusual. I would expect to see input.

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #393 of 444
  Does anyone know if the SA-31SE comes with acss input ?
I found pictures of a version with acss (which is not the one of audio gd website) but it is labelled "output", and that sound a bit unusual. I would expect to see input.

SA-31 series is a single ended diamond diffrential design amp/preamp,  with 5 rca inputs & 3 rca preamp outputs.
There is no acss connection on it. 
What you saw should be the nfb6 which is a balanced design amp/preamp, with acss input and preamp output.
They share the same front panel design. 

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #394 of 444
thank you for your help. I'am a bit amazed because I thought that the nfb6 had xlr connection, and what I saw had not. Here is the picture of what is supposed to be the sa32se

By the way, you are right for the front face which looks identical to the nfb6.

Sep 17, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #395 of 444
The NFB6 does have XLR connections. Here is a shot of mine.

Sep 20, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #397 of 444
  thank you for your help. I'am a bit amazed because I thought that the nfb6 had xlr connection, and what I saw had not. Here is the picture of what is supposed to be the sa32se

By the way, you are right for the front face which looks identical to the nfb6.

This is the Audio gd C-2:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/C-2Class%20A/C2classAEN.htm

Oct 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #400 of 444
  Is the SA-31SE Discontinued ?

yes, a few months back.... you "might" find one used but I'd recommend other options since nowadays there are lots of options to choose from.... bear in mind though, amps are not just about watts 
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #403 of 444
Bump.
I think it is a shame they discontinued the SA31SE.
I've been very happy with my unit so far, driving everything I've thrown at it [currently my HE-560].
Great power and great sound, transparent but warmish [on 0, warmer on warm 1 & 2].
Hardly anything to complain about [minor nitpick is that it is single-ended only, but I don't care].
If it was still available, it'd be one of the best candidates in the ~500$ range.
Not looking to get rid of it in the near future and I consider it one of my best buys.

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #404 of 444
Yes I totally agreed that SA31 is a great headphone amp in the price range.  If someone still wish to have one I believe Frank of Toxic Cable should still have a few in stock.  I bought my SA31 from Frank at a bargain price. PM him if anyone is interested on this great amp. Good luck.

Jan 24, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #405 of 444
Audiophonics still have it in stock so if anyone is interested buy it from there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back