Audio-gd R2R 11
Feb 20, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #361 of 776
Hi guys! How do you connect the device as a DAC to a separate amplifier - what do you choose: 1 Vrms or 2.5 Vrms ?
(as you now, the R2R-11 has two fixed levels of a linear signal (2.5 Vrms fixed output, hi-gain), and 1 Vrms (fixed output, low-gain).

Which signal is better to apply from the external DAC to the amplifier: 1 Vrms or 2.5 Vrms?

Feb 20, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #363 of 776
Which signal is better to apply from the external DAC to the amplifier: 1 Vrms or 2.5 Vrms?

The R2R-11 is attached to my home theater system as the CD player input, and my receiver really prefers the hi gain 2.5 mode fixed.

Apr 5, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #366 of 776
Alright then. Got my R2R-11 in November, 2018. No issues at all so far. Until today when I decided to get some tunes going on in here. Turned it on and voilaa - a constant static noise in the left channel. Its not loud but its perfectly noticeable and irritating. The noise changes from time to time, pops occur as well. Its not affected by volume pot orientation, it appears with both USB and optical input. At the moment when I'm writing this it started to make some almost spooky sounds in the left channel, like someone was scratching a needle on vinyl, then made some pops and got pretty quiet, almost not noticeable. Some moments later the constant white noise is again present(actually sounds more pink than white to be honest). It's cycling through some phases, it starts with constant quiet static noise, then it starts to get louder, some spooky-sounds occur again, like somebody is rapidly adjusting a knob of a signal-generator, then some pops and low static noise again. Everything only on left channel. Tried switching it on-off, disconnecting all the cables, including the power cable, no effect whatsoever. I cannot test if the noise is present as well in the RCA output.

It's really weird that the device started to act up now, after months of working without almost any issues(from time to time it started to make some loud, terribly distorted sound while connected to the PC over USB, quick power-off and then back on always stopped it).

OK, now it made some loud crack and its perfectly quiet again. Looks like the possessed amp is exorcised.

Hope it will stay like this. I do not want to send it to China.
Thank you for your attention.

EDIT: The problem still exists and it's really-really annoying. Is there anything I can do myself besides sending it to the China?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #367 of 776
Will this support a 12 ohm load, for say, a Verum One?
Edit: Now I realize I am an idiot, since Planars have a linear impendance.
The AGDR2R11 should therefore drive them well.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #368 of 776
Will this support a 12 ohm load, for say, a Verum One?

Sorry to hear the problems.
The following disclosure was not on Audio GD when I bought it.

Weaknesses:
1.THD today is extremely low with Sigma Delta chips; R2R ladders have good THD but nos as good as Delta Sigma
2. Glitches and accuracy of the ladder resistors are very difficult to avoid and require complex technology to resolve it.
Please give me the serial number so I can contact the Audio GD for solution.

Andrew

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #369 of 776
This or the Khadas Tone Board plus JDS Atom?

Sep 16, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #371 of 776
Hi All, I've just purchased an R2R 11 and i was wondering how to set the jumper to the warm mode?
I've opened the top panel but the jumpers are exactly like this picture:

N11288.jpg

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:08 AM Post #374 of 776
привет, ребята, ищу наушники для моего R2 r11, музыка в основном хэви-метал (прервано, misery index, иногда epica, brymir, gojira). Пока только остановился на Meze 99 classics, ценовой диапазон до 500 долларов.Теперь у меня есть ATH M40X . Спасибо заранее :)

Oct 15, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #375 of 776
привет, ребята, ищу наушники для моего R2 r11, музыка в основном хэви-метал (прервано, misery index, иногда epica, brymir, gojira). Пока только остановился на Meze 99 classics, ценовой диапазон до 500 долларов.Теперь у меня есть ATH M40X . Спасибо заранее :)

I would recommend the Audio Technica AD2000 none "x" if you can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back