Audio-GD Power Supply Filter Outlet
Jun 7, 2010 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 139

punk_guy182

1000+ Head-Fier
Check it out guys!   http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/amp/Power%20filter/PowerEN.htm
We can now give some clean power to our gear for a reasonable price! 
beerchug.gif

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:49 AM Post #6 of 139
I'll be ordering it and comparing it to ac-215, which has a going price of $125, used price of ~$75. I've got 3 audio-gd power cables already so can compare with and without aftermarket power cable. I think it will be tough competition, furman put a lot of circuitry inside the ac-215 and know about the detrimental effects of surge protection circuitry and try to minimize that.

I'm also going to inquire about shorter length power cables, you likely will not need 1.5m power cables.

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #7 of 139

Quote:
 its for US users only.

I just sent an e-mail to kingwa asking about this. I have a plan that could work, but want to be 100% sure it could work before telling anyone about it. 

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 139
I plan on daisy chaining some power conditioners, do you guys know of anything more suitable than http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/1/8/2/416182.jpg

Think I could make something like that with better quality? Other option is to order a 1-2 inch power cable from audio-gd.

Just placed order, also asked if they could make an adapter like the one above :p or a 2" cable power cord LOL.

Jun 8, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #10 of 139
popcorn.gif

Jun 9, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #11 of 139

Quote:
I plan on daisy chaining some power conditioners, do you guys know of anything more suitable than http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/1/8/2/416182.jpg

Think I could make something like that with better quality? Other option is to order a 1-2 inch power cable from audio-gd.

Just placed order, also asked if they could make an adapter like the one above :p or a 2" cable power cord LOL.

Is there a gain is sound quality to be gained by having the shortest power cable?
Do you have to be a certified electrician to install the inwall power outlet?
I have never done this before so I don't know where to start.

Jun 9, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #12 of 139
Ok I got a reply from kingwa. This will work for other countries as well, but I will be talking about Australia now. What we can do is send a good Australian power plug to Kingwa and ask him to make us a power cable that will go from the wall into the Power Supply Filter Outlet. From here, we can buy custom made US power cables (with the US plug) and go from the unit itself to your components (DAC, amp, speakers etc). The reason why I saw buy an Australian plug here and sent it all the way to kingwa because as we know Audio-GD has a great price/part ratio, so we will most likely getting huge bang for buck buying from them. 
Probably end up costing $105us for the unit itself, $115us for the Australian power cable and $120us for each US power cable we purchase plus shipping for all of them. This is just using a cheap $35 Australian power plug. We do have Furutech one's here, but are about $90 each. 

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #13 of 139

Quote:
Ok I got a reply from kingwa. This will work for other countries as well, but I will be talking about Australia now. What we can do is send a good Australian power plug to Kingwa and ask him to make us a power cable that will go from the wall into the Power Supply Filter Outlet. From here, we can buy custom made US power cables (with the US plug) and go from the unit itself to your components (DAC, amp, speakers etc). The reason why I saw buy an Australian plug here and sent it all the way to kingwa because as we know Audio-GD has a great price/part ratio, so we will most likely getting huge bang for buck buying from them. 
Probably end up costing $105us for the unit itself, $115us for the Australian power cable and $120us for each US power cable we purchase plus shipping for all of them. This is just using a cheap $35 Australian power plug. We do have Furutech one's here, but are about $90 each. 

I understand that, but it just doubles the total price having to buy extra cables.

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #14 of 139

Quote:
Is there a gain is sound quality to be gained by having the shortest power cable?
Do you have to be a certified electrician to install the inwall power outlet?
I have never done this before so I don't know where to start.

I don't know about length of power cable, it may actually be better to have a certain length because power cable geometry and/or shielding can reject some emf/rfi before it enters the equipment, but I want a short one to connect two power conditioners together.

No... but if you are forgetful or never did any electrical DIY, I would highly recommend just getting an electrician to do it for you. If you decide to do it yourself though, remember, turn off the power...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ywgKSSudj4&feature=PlayList&p=F17B350B56F13920&playnext_from=PL&index=8 This is a series of videos on installing an inwall power outlet, I'd rather not do it myself because I am rather amnesiac when DIY'ing and electrocuting myself isn't out of the possibility :p.

I asked about various lengths of cable but got no price quote on a cordless or 2" power cable. I guess I'll have to buy or make my own cableless power cable.

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #15 of 139
Thanks for the video Halo.
smile.gif

Do you guys know if it is worth asking Kingwa to swap his fake Oyaide connectors on his power cable for some Furutech FI-50M? http://www.furutech.com/a2008/product2.asp?prodNo=282
I was asking myself if connectors on power cables made that much of a difference. I can get those Piezo Ceramic Series Power Connectors for a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back