Audio-GD Panther power amp anyone?
May 16, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #76 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not when the equipment dies randomly (the Zero) or the assembly quality is poor (Little Dot when they were "flavour of the month"). If you read Skylab's latest review of a cheap Chinese amp, he said it had a fun sound, but wasn't very detailed. You pay for what you get. I suppose if you don't need a fancy case (as seems to be more popular with American and Euro manfacturers and customers) then I'm sure you can get some very good value gear from China. I'm sure you can get some rubbish too.

Something else to add, it's kind of crazy to recommend gear or manufacturers one has no experience with. It's a disservice to people.

Likewise, for you to put down "top-tier" (and Tianyun isn't top-tier) Chinese hi-fi manufacturers as having doubtful quality without having any experience with them is a disservice to readers too. Actually, Skylab does recommend many of the Chinese "top-tier" branded gear he's listened to, so for you to only promote "Audio-Gd" as the only trustworthy Chinese manufacturer is extremely biased and unfair.

Dude, I'm just trying to be fair while your painting a broad stroke on most Chinese hi-fi companies as being unreliable and not worthy to mention. My opinions and observations are based on what I see is selling well in China (through Taobao listings), and what others have said on various hi-fi forums on the internet.

Poor Punkguy, I hope he can still sell his Little-Dot gear, now that Currawong has dissed their products. Nevertheless, Little-Dot still has a huge following, despite the "wrath of Currawong".

May 16, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #77 of 187
I am still waiting to see your xiangsheng or whatever vendor thread.
popcorn.gif

EDIT : Just realised that you did not even own a headphone/earphone other than the ipod stock according to your profile ? I dunno what ur motives in head-fi also.
popcorn.gif

May 17, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #78 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EDIT : Just realised that you did not even own a headphone/earphone other than the ipod stock according to your profile ? I dunno what ur motives in head-fi also.
popcorn.gif

What? Are you some kind of snob? I don't own fancy headphones, so does that make you better than me? I'm a big fan and supporter of Chinese hi-fi because they offer great sound for the price, so I won't endorse only one manufacturer while dissing all others, but I can see Audio-Gd fanboys like yourself are into that. You don't mind if I have some of your popcorn, eh?
popcorn.gif

May 17, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #79 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Haoting /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? Are you some kind of snob? I don't own fancy headphones, so does that make you better than me? I'm a big fan and supporter of Chinese hi-fi because they offer great sound for the price, so I won't endorse only one manufacturer while dissing all others, but I can see Audio-Gd fanboys like yourself are into that. You don't mind if I have some of your popcorn, eh?
popcorn.gif

this is head-fi in case you have not notice
popcorn.gif

you just reconfirm my suspicious
popcorn.gif

May 17, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #80 of 187
Quote:

popcorn.gif

...The point was not fancy headphones, it was good headphones

-nkk

May 17, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #81 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is head-fi in case you have not notice
popcorn.gif

you just reconfirm my suspicious
popcorn.gif

Squally, just a reminder that this thread is about integrated amplifiers, not head amps. Many head-fi threads pertain to DACs, speakers, and integrated amps, so you may want to get your eyes (or head) checked if you think Head-Fi is just about headphones and head amps.

I'm also a bit suspicious about people who don't post their location, like yourself.

Anyway, this thread is dead.
Btw, nice popcorn Squally, but I would lay off the Audio-Gd Kool-Aid for awhile.
popcorn.gif
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #82 of 187
Quote:

Squally, just a reminder that this thread is about integrated amplifiers, not head amps. Many head-fi threads pertain to DACs, speakers, and integrated amps, so you may want to get your eyes (or head) checked if you think Head-Fi is just about headphones and head amps.

I'm also a bit suspicious about people who don't post their location, like yourself.

Anyway, this thread is dead.
Btw, nice popcorn Squally, but I would lay off the Audio-Gd Kool-Aid for awhile.
popcorn.gif
biggrin.gif

People can always easily tell what your motivation in joining head-fi is.

*points to your posts

as i always say last time, if u think your xiangsheng or whatever brand is good,
Go ahead and start your thread, no point coming coming to an Audio Gd thread and tell us that..not once but 20 times?
confused_face(1).gif
darthsmile.gif

and please read the thread title before you post as i can't see any xiangsheng here
popcorn.gif

and i quote Les
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahhh Yeahhhh!!

You keep on with that...

You come to Head-Fi, just to let us all know what we been missin'.

You don't Post about Headphones?

Now isn't that just plain Bizarre...

Have you thought about moving to Africa and curing Ebola...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f46/du...ml#post5492559

May 17, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #83 of 187
squall343;5689670 said:

Those posts easily identify me as a fanboy for more than one manufacturer, but your too dense to realize that.
tongue_smile.gif

And stop talking to me so I won't have to reply, and maybe this Panther thread can be more than just a Xiansheng commentary.
biggrin.gif

Btw, thanks for the popcorn, Squally. It's been a good chat, but you've been pwned.
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #84 of 187
Quote:

Those posts easily identify me as a fanboy for more than one manufacturer, but your too dense to realize that.
tongue_smile.gif

And stop talking to me so I won't have to reply, and maybe this Panther thread can be more than just a Xiansheng commentary.
biggrin.gif

Btw, thanks for the popcorn, Squally. It's been a good chat, but you've been pwned.
beerchug.gif

whatever
popcorn.gif

May 17, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #85 of 187
Quote:

Likewise, for you to put down "top-tier" (and Tianyun isn't top-tier) Chinese hi-fi manufacturers as having doubtful quality without having any experience with them is a disservice to readers too.

I owned a Little Dot MKV and a Zero, so I speak from experience. You, however, have not, and try to evade facts you don't like by attacking the people who write them.

May 21, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #86 of 187
Haoting, I really wish you would stop filling this thread with trash. You've only been here five minutes and all you have done is harp on about how great your whatever the hell it is called is and how it is better than Audio GD gear. You talk about "Audio GD fanboys" but it seems you are the biggest fanboy here. In case you hadn't noticed, this is an Audio GD Panther thread, not a generic Chinese integrated amp thread (Panther isn't even an integrated amp). Unless you are going to order a Panther in order to compare with your amp then why don't you go start your own thread and sing the praises of that ugly thing there instead. You've contributed nothing to this thread but promoting your amp and being argumentative. It'll be nice when someone here actually receives a Panther so that we can actually look at information regarding that instead of your incessant BS.

May 30, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #87 of 187
Is anyone getting or has received a Panther? I am ordering one today. The wait is killing me and I just sold my power amp today.

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #88 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by techfreakazoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So no one has tested the Panther to date? I'm contemplating between a dedicated amp and passive bookshelf speakers vs. active monitors via the Compass preamp outputs. Leaning towards the latter solution, though am curious of the Panther's performance.

I will let you know i have a compass/panther on its way, kingwa is doing the burn in now.
ALL EARS

Jun 1, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #89 of 187
I don't understand this Hoating character. From his first post at Head-Fi he acts like he's from the Hong Kong Chamber of Commerce. He started in the Compass thread shilling a Space Heater, errr, I mean Amplifier. Then he just shows up all over the place in threads to post about some OT piece of crap he's hawking.

Hoating, I just checked and Shill-Fi.com is not an open Domain name, someone beat you to it! Get a life, perhaps a clue will come with it...

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #90 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand this Hoating character. From his first post at Head-Fi he acts like he's from the Hong Kong Chamber of Commerce. He started in the Compass thread shilling a Space Heater, errr, I mena Amplifier. Then he just shows up all over the place in threads to post about some OT piece of crap he's hawking.

Hoating, I just checked and Shill-Fi.com is not an open Domain name, someone beat you to it! Get a life, perhaps a clue will come with it...

Hey dude, can you stop bitching already and stick to the topic at hand? If you knew anything about Chinese branded gear, you would know Audio-Gd isn't the only high quality hi-fi manufacturer from China, and that's something I woul like everyone to know.

Btw, I am a fanboy of American/British/Danish/German/Japanese Hi-Fi too, but a lot of their good gear is a bit pricey for my budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back