Audio-gd NFB-28
Aug 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #451 of 2,104
I have used NFB 28 for half year. Not a single problem occurs.
Very nice product. I did one firmware and driver upgrade.
Nice to pair with yamaha monitors set.
Mainly use it to watch movies and listen music.

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #452 of 2,104
Which Yamaha monitors? I'm considering getting the HS8's this week after auditioning a few pairs.

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #453 of 2,104
Which Yamaha monitors? I'm considering getting the HS8's this week after auditioning a few pairs.

I like sound using NFB 28 xlr cable connected to HS8 and HS8s subwoofer.
Totally I need 4 xlr cables. The sound is very nice compared to very high end headphones.
The volume can be controlled using universal remote to NFB 28.
By the way the white version of HS8 is sexy!

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #454 of 2,104
I have my NFB-28 waiting for me at home! Soon in the next days i will post my first impressions and comparison against the nuforce icon hdp.
My setup is acer revo connected to the NFB-28 in usb, then I will go balanced to a Roksan Caspian M2 power amplifier that will drive two Klipsch Cornwall III speakers.
As headphones i use the Sennheiser momentum, but I don't expect too much improvement on those ones...

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #456 of 2,104
Honestly, all Audio-gd products are good value. From their lower offerings to their hi-fi beasts. They all sound good, especially the ES Sabre chips [and 1704 chips, of course].
The software maybe isn't perfect, but the price/performance more than makes up for it IMO [in general].

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #457 of 2,104
Very excited with my new toy. I will give some real feedback in the next days but I can say that it was for sure an improvement. The sound signature is more mature and rich compared to the Icon hdp. Plus I don't have any kind of channels imbalance at the lowest volume.
Two questions.
-Is it possible to reduce somehow the intensity of the display? It's really strong
- Due to physical limitations i had to put the NFB-28 in a space where it has "only" 3cm of space from the top. Could you please have a look on the picture and tell me if there are some controindications leaving it like this?

Thanks

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #458 of 2,104
Shouldn't be any. It is cooling through the aluminium [which acts as a heatsink], no need for extra space.

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #459 of 2,104
Very excited with my new toy. I will give some real feedback in the next days but I can say that it was for sure an improvement. The sound signature is more mature and rich compared to the Icon hdp. Plus I don't have any kind of channels imbalance at the lowest volume.
Two questions.
-Is it possible to reduce somehow the intensity of the display? It's really strong
- Due to physical limitations i had to put the NFB-28 in a space where it has "only" 3cm of space from the top. Could you please have a look on the picture and tell me if there are some controindications leaving it like this?

Thanks

Wow, those new cases look really good. 

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #460 of 2,104
Two questions.
Thanks

Reducing the intensity, you may want to check with Kingwa, he should be able to advise, provided you are technically sound.
No issues at all with the ventilation spacing, i had similar spacing, and left it on all the time. Sounds good readily! or you could just move to the top tier of your rack anytime if you dont feel comfortable.

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #461 of 2,104
So far I found the NFB-28 sounding marvelous. Probably one of the best that I ever bought considering the price.

I'm using Jriver and I would like to know how do you setup ASIO buffer length. In Jriver by default is set to 50ms but in the Ks_ASIO setup driver its set on 10ms (suggested from Audio-Gd website).
Any thoughts about?

Aug 24, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #462 of 2,104
  So far I found the NFB-28 sounding marvelous. Probably one of the best that I ever bought considering the price.

I'm using Jriver and I would like to know how do you setup ASIO buffer length. In Jriver by default is set to 50ms but in the Ks_ASIO setup driver its set on 10ms (suggested from Audio-Gd website).
Any thoughts about?

That's how I have my A-gd DAC set too... As long as it is working right, leave it be. I don't think it's doing any harm 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #464 of 2,104
Nice.

The page states it is based on NFB-27 but compared it to NFB-28 :) Must be an error.

NFB-29 (DSD DXD )(Since 1st Sep. 2014)

The single ended version based on NFB-27

Aug 25, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #465 of 2,104
C-2 is based on Master 9. That should be very good isn't it?

C-2 Class A  (Release in 1st Sep.)

The single ended design based on Master 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back