Audio-gd NFB-28
Nov 17, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #601 of 2,104
  if u are using a laptop, you may need to disable usb power management
with a nvidia based computer/laptop go to nvidia control panel--> 3d settings--> performance change from adaptive to maximum preference

then change the buffer a bit more in your music player to see if it could solve the trouble?

If you have another USB cable (especially shorter one), you can try that and see if the click goes away.

what are you using as audio source ? cd player, computer ...
also can you check the internal jumper they are correctly set ?

I want to tell you guy's that i use Macbook pro 2014 Retnia and Coustm PC it's same thing i hear the click sound, And the player media is Foobar2000, jRiver 20 and Audirvana Plus for OS X.
Also i try DSD,192,96,44.176 same thing 

BTW what is mean can you check the internal jumper they are correctly set ?

So i have retrun the NFB-28 yestrday to Kingwa and he well chack my NFB-28 its on way to Kingwa

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #602 of 2,104
Nov 17, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #603 of 2,104
Nov 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #604 of 2,104
Kingwa said it has the same power and (probably) measurements as the NFB-28 balanced. It could be why he just refers to the NFB-28 for the specs.

It should be very good for the price, but don't expect a Master-9 for $450.

Both of then are based on, they are not half of their more expensive counterparts, they are simplified versions.

Regarding the NFB-29's Specs, I am finding the provided information rather confusing. The item page actually states that its power output is identical to the NFB-28. But how can that be, given the fact that the NFB-29 is single ended and the published ratings are supposedly for the Balanced Out? Surely that cannot be right? Can anyone shed some light into this?

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #605 of 2,104
Regarding the NFB-29's Specs, I am finding the provided information rather confusing. The item page actually states that its power output is identical to the NFB-28. But how can that be, given the fact that the NFB-29 is single ended and the published ratings are supposedly for the Balanced Out? Surely that cannot be right? Can anyone shed some light into this?

Because the NFB29 had double times voltage power supply (+/- 30V DC) than the NFB28 ( +/-15VDC), so the power output can arrive the same level.

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #608 of 2,104
Anyone paired this audio gd with beyerdynamic dt 880?

I have now aune t1 which is pretty cheap and i'm looking for something better. And i think that nfb 10es3 should be good (the same as nfb 28 without inputs...). My headphones are unbalanced but i can recable them to balanced :)

Nov 29, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #609 of 2,104
If you're willing to recable them - then I say go for it! The smooth sound and clean power should be a great pairing with the Beyers. I still haven't tried my LCD-2.2F's balanced - need to build the cable - I'm told things get even better than what I'm hearing now... hmmm.

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #610 of 2,104
I'm interested in how much better it sounds then nfb 11.32 (i could buy it for 250$)...?

So i will try nfb 28 - if everything goes good i will borrow it from shop in Poland :) But i'm interesting that tube amp can be better for dt 880 :)

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #611 of 2,104
Ohh and i have also sennheisers hd 580 - it can play nice with this audio gd, but i don't like them very well. 

But it won't any problem to play with akg k551? their impedance is only 32 ohms...

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #612 of 2,104
If you like the sound of tubes, you won't get that from Kingwa's ESS9018 gear. If you don't want to recable, the NFB-11 should be extremely similar to the SE output of the NFB-28. Perhaps the 10.33 or NFB-15 could provide a sound for you that's warmer than tubes but more clean like most SS gear.

And there shouldn't be any problems with the K551's. I only hear noise on very sensitive gear, and the output impedance is low enough to provide enough damping for anything I know of.

I'd audition if you can, and if you don't need the inputs of the NFB-28, go for his cheaper gear IMHO. They all have a similar sound and good power.

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #614 of 2,104
Anyone knows how big difference is between 10es2 and 10es3? 

What means "upgraded to 4 groups digital inputs"? 

It will be any sounds difference? And maybe occ wires inside?  Anyone compared?

Dec 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #615 of 2,104
I have been using the NFB-28 in my desktop computer system since Oct 2013.  The NFB-28 is used as a DAC/Pre driving my Focal CMS50 professional active monitor speakers via XLR with RCA outputs feeding my Focal CMS Sub (RCA to XLR cable).  The CMS50's are  on IsoAcoustics stands (highly recommended).  This system sounds great, with very high resolution.

I used to have sporadic "pop" noises (similar to LP "pop" or static pop).  This was NOT relay switching noise, as it came through the speakers, and it would occur erratically about once every hour or two.

A couple of weeks ago, I updated the NFB-28's firmware and drivers, with great assistance by Kingwa.  Since these updates, these "pops" have ceased!

If anyone is having these "noise" issue, you may want to try updating the NFB-28's firmware and drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back