Audio-gd NFB-28
Aug 13, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #1,546 of 2,104
That usually happens when I switch the ASIO driver not when switching from headphone to pre-amp mode. When that happens I turn off the unit and reboot the computer and when the computer is fully loaded on the desktop I turn the unit back on.

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #1,547 of 2,104
Thought I'd come share my delight that my Note 7 works with the NFB-28 as a USB DAC (it even comes with a OTG adapter)! My Note 4 never worked, sadly! Ho boi!

Aug 28, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #1,550 of 2,104
The Great Firewall of China can cause some problems, I know. If they're not on Holiday, they might've just never gotten your email.

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #1,552 of 2,104
You must follow exactly step by step the indications that appear together with the driver.
I've installed my Asio Driver (VIA Asio) in my upgraded W7 -> W10 with no issues at all.

Enviado desde mi H1

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #1,554 of 2,104
Found out my problem! 'Twas a basic one! Needed to point Windows directly to the 64 bit installer folder! LOL.

Great to hear that!! :)

Enviado desde mi H1

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #1,555 of 2,104
Hi, I have been lurking on this thread for quite a while and finally picked up an NFB-28 after lots of deliberation.  After about a week of listening, I am very happy with it and it has been a nice upgrade from the Nuforce Icon HDP.  

I am using it to drive HifiMan HE-500s out of the single ended output.  After experimenting with the gain settings, I have been switching back and forth between the F(ull) and S(uper) settings to get the best sound.  I was curious if anyone had any experience with switching to using the balanced output and whether it makes sense to get a balanced cable as the next upgrade.

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #1,556 of 2,104
I was curious if anyone had any experience with switching to using the balanced output and whether it makes sense to get a balanced cable as the next upgrade.

Thats the only thing that makes sense. Why did you buy the NFB-28 if you planned on only using single-ended? If you've been lurking here you ought to know that's what the 29 is for.

Sep 3, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #1,558 of 2,104
I guess the main question is whether I am likely to hear the difference in the balanced output vs. single ended on these particular headphones given the addition of the F and S gain modes (that the manual mentions are particularly for headphones like the HE-6, which are harder to drive than the HE-500s).  Is the motivation behind the balanced output the ability to run at lower gain because of the better power output?  I am pretty new to balanced headphones.  

Based on this thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/687121/tested-hifiman-he-500-1-4-inch-trs-vs-balanced-xlr-is-there-any-difference), it is unclear if it's worth the upgrade, but that is testing a different Audio-GD amp. 

Sep 3, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #1,559 of 2,104
I don't understand what you mean by "worth the upgrade". All you need is a new cable. You can spend as little, or as much, as you want on said cable. Then you can answer the "will I, personally, hear the difference" question for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back