Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Sep 25, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #1,307 of 1,577
I'm still waiting. :frowning2:

Getting really really tired of using a broken dac.

My NFB3.1 hasn't even been shipped yet :frowning2:

Sep 25, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #1,308 of 1,577

Quote:
I'm still waiting. :frowning2:

Getting really really tired of using a broken dac.

My NFB3.1 hasn't even been shipped yet :frowning2:

if you read this thread , no many times ago it could take 1-2 month to get their DACs :p

be patient you will be rewarded

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #1,310 of 1,577
here , many waited a month or more for their product , but after guetting their product they seamed very happy with it .

and the product is currently not in stock so it will take a bit longer ... :frowning2:

complaining about it will not get him his product faster :p , but can liberate some frustration :D

and my english is broken soo :p

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #1,311 of 1,577
"here , many waited a month or more for their product , but after guetting their product they seamed very happy with it ."

lol i didnt say that he wont enjoy it, i said what i said because a reward is normally something you dont have to pay for. lol

and yh i hope to get my 10SE delivered in about 10 days or so.

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #1,313 of 1,577

Quote:
Oversampling and upsampling are not the SAME thing , oversampling is something like a digital fitler used in sigma delta DAC 

Just FYI, oversampling and up-sampling are effectively the same thing. The only differences are where they occur in a DAC.

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #1,314 of 1,577
Sep 26, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #1,315 of 1,577

Quote:
Just FYI, oversampling and up-sampling are effectively the same thing. The only differences are where they occur in a DAC.

yeah right my mystake and my bad english , it's the same thing but one use only integers (oversampling) , and upsamling if going to 44khz to 96khz it will be a bit more compicated than doing a multiplication :p 

Sep 26, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #1,316 of 1,577
Upsampling greatly simplifies aliasing and allows room for filters to reduce inherent distortion when converting digital to analog signal.  Too much upsampling though leads to larger errors, so you want to have a sweet spot.  Check Dan Lavry's white pages for more info (http://www.lavryengineering.com/supportpage.html).

@jzono1: I got my NFB3.1 about 10 days after I paid for it and about 6 days after it was placed on the "consignment list".

Overall, combined with the C2.1, the sound of the NFB3.1 is excellent.  I use mine on the minimum phase apodising filter, but that's just a matter of taste really.  I also like the minimum phase soft knee filter.  Just play around with the settings until you find something that you like.

Using mine via WASAPI out through Foobar2k.

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #1,317 of 1,577

Quote:
Upsampling greatly simplifies aliasing and allows room for filters to reduce inherent distortion when converting digital to analog signal.  Too much upsampling though leads to larger errors, so you want to have a sweet spot.  Check Dan Lavry's white pages for more info (http://www.lavryengineering.com/supportpage.html).

@jzono1: I got my NFB3.1 about 10 days after I paid for it and about 6 days after it was placed on the "consignment list".

Overall, combined with the C2.1, the sound of the NFB3.1 is excellent.  I use mine on the minimum phase apodising filter, but that's just a matter of taste really.  I also like the minimum phase soft knee filter.  Just play around with the settings until you find something that you like.

Using mine via WASAPI out through Foobar2k.

Oversampling 2X , 8X , 128x etc is a  more easy than upsampling 44khz to 96khz no ? (no integers in upsampling 44khz to 96khz and seams a bit more complicated ) . But peraphs i don't get it correctly ...

totally agree with NFB-2/3/3.1 + C2.1 Combo (using a NFB-2 and C2.1) .  But like you say it's just a matter of taste for digital filtring .

I didn't like at all minimum phase soft knee filter ... 

Liked More stock 2X oversampling , Linear phase 'brickwall' filter. and 4X oversampling , Linear phase 'brickwall' filter.

And recently switched to 8X oversampling , Linear phase half-band filter for backward compatibility. wich for me seams the best (a bit less warm than the two other , but overall a bit better) .

Using Foobar2K + wasapi too (from my mobo coax out) .

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #1,319 of 1,577
I could use some DAC purchase advice.   I am looking to buy my first DAC to use with my Squeezebox 3, Marantz Integrated, and a pair of KEF XQ40's.   I mainly listen to Classical and Jazz Music and a lot of vocal.

I had been thinking of Dacmagic or the new V-Dac-2, but have heard the Audio GD NFB 2/3 is a better choice for the buck.   Can anyone tell me how these compare and if this is a good choice.

And importantly, is it worth springing for the NFB2 instead of the less expensive 3.1? 

Thanks so much.

Larry

Oct 10, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #1,320 of 1,577
I'd be interested in knowing this as well. Does the NFB-2 sound significantly better than the 3.1? The ease of use is certainly higher on the 3.1 and I would be interested in knowing if the difference between the two DACs is large enough that I would rather have the NFB-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back