Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Apr 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #826 of 1,577

Quote:
I had done somethings for customers yesterday and asked my mates follow every day.
1, We think we will had most products instock around mid of May.
2, After customers made the payment 40 days, we will return the payment and ask customers payment again for better Paypal guarantee.

Hi Kingwa.

That sounds like a good plan.  Having stock would be a great thing and they would fly out of the door.  In the DAC world there are so many alternatives to choose from and waiting round for months for the DAC to be built I know would put some people off.  If there were stock levels I'm sure more people would order Audio_gd and your reputation for outstanding value audio products would rise even further.

The returning of payment is a step in the right direction too I say.  Although I still think it should be taken just prior to burn-in.

Apr 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #827 of 1,577

Quote:
The NFB3 in the photo, it was applied the new ACSS sockets.
These new sockets are our custom order, gold plate, better quality, and will use in our future products.  We have updating the web page .
Every customers if buy the gear with the ACSS cables , our mates will ask the which sockets you want to use.

I really don't understand this.

If you order a Nfb 2/3 today, will it automatically come with the new upgraded ACSS sockets?  Or will it only come with the upgraded sockets if you order an ACSS cable as well?  Or do you have to mention it when you order?

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #828 of 1,577
Quote:
I really don't understand this.

If you order a Nfb 2/3 today, will it automatically come with the new upgraded ACSS sockets?  Or will it only come with the upgraded sockets if you order an ACSS cable as well?  Or do you have to mention it when you order?

Given that the last few NFB2/3's that have been shown/unboxed in this thread have had the new gold ACSS sockets, I'm guessing its now standard. I think what Kingwa means, is that if you have an older Audio-GD model with the old sockets, you can have old sockets put on your new order. Alternatively, when ordering your ACSS cable, you can ask for a mixed cable (old --> new).

I ordered a NFB-3 about 2.5 weeks ago. Kingwa says its shipping out today. Personally, I would have be happy to wait even 2 months, but anyway, it seems like production is ramping up now. Hopefully it'll be enough to keep everyone happy :p

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #830 of 1,577

Quote:
Quote:
Given that the last few NFB2/3's that have been shown/unboxed in this thread have had the new gold ACSS sockets, I'm guessing its now standard. I think what Kingwa means, is that if you have an older Audio-GD model with the old sockets, you can have old sockets put on your new order. Alternatively, when ordering your ACSS cable, you can ask for a mixed cable (old --> new).

I ordered a NFB-3 about 2.5 weeks ago. Kingwa says its shipping out today. Personally, I would have be happy to wait even 2 months, but anyway, it seems like production is ramping up now. Hopefully it'll be enough to keep everyone happy :p

I've just gone and ordered a NFB 2 from Amp City after months of sitting on the fence and almost ordering.

I really hope the quality of this product is maintained with ramped up production and new workers.  Amp City have recently received a couple of NFB's from China with bits fallen off inside the case, echoing the experience of someone posting a few pages back.  But they have never had a customer return an NFB to be repaired.

I did ask whether it would come with the new ACSS sockets but they ignored that question.

Lead time is around 30 days but theysaid it might be delayed a further week because I have custom-ordered it with the DIR 9001 receiver.  Also that the differences between the receivers are so minute that it isn't worth worrying about it.  Is it still the consensus here that the DIR 9001 has the edge over the WM 8805?  

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #834 of 1,577
Quote:

LOL. I'm afraid so yes. But at least it's almost arrived :wink:

I hope you'll consider your patience to be rewarded, since it was my PM-based arguments in favor of the NFB-2/3 being the best available price-performer in the standalone DAC market that got you to take the same plunger I did.  I absolutely love my NFB-3, even though the rest of my current rig looks like a a DIY Radio Shack surplus sale.

Given my own experience waiting for the unit to ship, and reading all of the other Audio-gd customers travails with e-mail based communication, whether with Edwin or Kingwa, I can't help but wonder if official PRC government censorship of the Internet might not be playing a role in all of the order fulfillment chaos.  Normally I keep my Head-Fi posts audio-related (except for the "what are you listening to now" thread, where i play golden odles disc jockey), but it is worth thinking about what is going on inside China when you order via the Internet from a Chinese company.  The New York Times columnist Nick Kristof lived and worked in China for years, winning a Pulitzer Prize for his coverage there.  His column in today's Times is worth reading:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/28/opinion/28kristof.html

Having said that it's worth reading, I have to wonder whether Kingwa or anybody else at Audio-gd who may read this thread gets a blank screen with a message that the website has been "harmonized" if they click on that link.

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #835 of 1,577

Quote:
Yep, make sure you have 34-40 euro's in cash available at home

the tax is higher if it arrive from bpost i order someting online when it arrive i need pay 100 EUR on delevering  2 months  later a tax lettre arrive tax 21% + another tax  = 75EUR so 25 EUR was adminitstration fees from bpost :p

please someone help

Audio Gd C2.1 +NFB-2  or  Audio Gd NFB-10

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #837 of 1,577

Quote:
it seems like production is ramping up now.

Yup
eek.gif
:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggcrPosgFFg&feature=player_embedded

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #838 of 1,577
Thinking of sending my NFB-2 and getting a small upgrade to replace rca spdif with a BNC socket.  The coupler I am using doesn't snug tight enough on that spdif socket.

Hmm I guess the real question is, wait till I can afford a reference 5 or do it. since considering shipping rates that will be ~$100(maybe less but just a guess)

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #839 of 1,577
Quote:
Thinking of sending my NFB-2 and getting a small upgrade to replace rca spdif with a BNC socket.  The coupler I am using doesn't snug tight enough on that spdif socket.

Hmm I guess the real question is, wait till I can afford a reference 5 or do it. since considering shipping rates that will be ~$100(maybe less but just a guess)

Is that back to PV or China?  I'm thinking because it's a working unit, they might charge you shipping both ways and possibly for parts as well.  Could be wrong of course.

Still, shipping charges being what they are (and unless you get a reimbursement) my vote goes towards not doing it. 

Apr 28, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #840 of 1,577

Quote:
the tax is higher if it arrive from bpost i order someting online when it arrive i need pay 100 EUR on delevering  2 months  later a tax lettre arrive tax 21% + another tax  = 75EUR so 25 EUR was adminitstration fees from bpost :p

please someone help

Audio Gd C2.1 +NFB-2  or  Audio Gd NFB-10

No, I payed 33 euros, about 25% of the declared value
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back