Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Dec 8, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #257 of 1,577
Well after reading through this thread (and a couple others), I decided to get the NFB-3 instead of the NFB-12, which I was going to get instead of the NFB-11 (which they're no longer taking pre-orders for).  In the new year I'll be sending them an order for a C-2.  Many thanks to all here for their comments and reviews, especially HeatFan12.

I'll be interested to see how my HiFiMAN EF2A tube amp sounds with the NFB-3, but I'm expecting the NFB-3 / C-2 combination to blow that away.  Not sure if I'll hold onto the EF2A or sell it.  Would help to pay for the Beyerdynamic DT880/600 I'm about to order from the US (for 1/2 the price they sell here).  Now all I have to do is find a way to get Amazon to ship the DT880 down to Oz.

Don't think I have much chance of the NFB-3 arriving here before Christmas though...   :frowning2:

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #258 of 1,577

I am trying to order some product from them, they seem to be very buzy. All the email reply were extremely short and most of my question where not answer. Even request for quotes goes unanswered. But from the response from this forum it seem otherwise.

At this rate I am not very sure if I should order anything from them. 

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #259 of 1,577
Quote:
Chucking this in here for NFB-3 owners to hopefully tell me what they think. I have just purchased the Burson HA-160 amp and some HD650s and Ultrasone Pro 900s. Looking for a fairly neutral sounding DAC, do you think the NFB-3 will work well in this setup? Also, if I unplugged the amp from the back of the DAC, would it be possible to plug my powered studio monitors into the back via RCA as a way to use them with my PC? Kind of thinking the extra RCA options on the back of the FUN might be a better option as then I wouldn't have to unplug things everytime I want to use my speakers, but the price and reports of the NFB-3 are nice.

Matthew, I don't own the Burson but do have the HD650s and PRO900s and the NFB-3 does match very well with them.  The NFB-3 plays well with various amps that I have tried (SS & tubes).

Quote:
Hi heatfan

I thought that ^ was your entertainment center. I wonder what other equipment do you have....Well keep us updated please!

good stuff buddy
beerchug.gif

Hi .Sup,
Thanks very much. 
beerchug.gif

My error...When I say entertainment center, it's where my HDTV is located.  I have a Blu-Ray, DVD & HD DVD player located there as well.  I'm using a couple of DACs with the players as transports (coax) for CD music listening as well as tv.  I purchased a media player a few months back that connects via HDMI and plays all types of files with optical out too.

Good times....

Quote:
Anyone had a chance to listen to a NFB 2/3  and C2 combo and how does it compare to Dac 19/ C2?

I did listen to them but time ran out on me and I had to put them in their corresponding places before a real and lengthy side by side.  From the first pics, I can't have all this gear on the dining room table for an extended amount of time...lol......My better half is very supportive but I can't push my luck...lol

Quote:
Well after reading through this thread (and a couple others), I decided to get the NFB-3 instead of the NFB-12, which I was going to get instead of the NFB-11 (which they're no longer taking pre-orders for).  In the new year I'll be sending them an order for a C-2.  Many thanks to all here for their comments and reviews, especially HeatFan12.

I'll be interested to see how my HiFiMAN EF2A tube amp sounds with the NFB-3, but I'm expecting the NFB-3 / C-2 combination to blow that away.  Not sure if I'll hold onto the EF2A or sell it.  Would help to pay for the Beyerdynamic DT880/600 I'm about to order from the US (for 1/2 the price they sell here).  Now all I have to do is find a way to get Amazon to ship the DT880 down to Oz.

Don't think I have much chance of the NFB-3 arriving here before Christmas though...   :frowning2:

Thanks very much ozron.  You will be very happy with your purchase and please keep us posted upon delivery....
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I am trying to order some product from them, they seem to be very buzy. All the email reply were extremely short and most of my question where not answer. Even request for quotes goes unanswered. But from the response from this forum it seem otherwise.

Yes madwolf, the NFB-10,11 & 12 have been keeping them very busy from my last interaction with Edwin.  Once they get the NFB-11 pre-orders out it will probably tame down a bit is my guess....

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #261 of 1,577
To anyone on Windows 7:
Have you noticed that the output device has changed from "USB Device" to TE7022 Audio"?

Edit: Not sure if this was the reason, but no more BSODs after I noticed this change.

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #264 of 1,577
Guess something went wrong the first time I plugged it in; Windows probably didn't recognize the device or install the appropriate driver.
Since it's fixed now, no werries I suppose.
Sounds great no matter what :)

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #266 of 1,577
On Windows 7, my DAC19DF is a "USB DAC", the NFB-3 is a "TE7022".

I had many BSODs using USB connections, especially in playing 24/96 files. I have given up USB connections and just use SPDIF and optical via a Juli@ soundcard.

After listening to both the DAC19DF and the NFB-3, I still can't articulate the difference between them besides the point that the NFB-3 plays 24/192.

Dec 13, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #267 of 1,577

Quote:
On Windows 7, my DAC19DF is a "USB DAC", the NFB-3 is a "TE7022".

I had many BSODs using USB connections, especially in playing 24/96 files. I have given up USB connections and just use SPDIF and optical via a Juli@ soundcard.

After listening to both the DAC19DF and the NFB-3, I still can't articulate the difference between them besides the point that the NFB-3 plays 24/192.

Thanks for sharing.

Have you had the BSOD (or any other issue) on USB with the NFB-3 or only with the DAC-19?

Dec 13, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #268 of 1,577
More so on the DAF19DF. But on playing HRx files (24/176.4) on NFB-3, I had BSODs.

In the end, I think USB is simply not worth the troubles. I just use SPDIF (RCA and Toslink) output from Juli@ and Musiland.  

Cheers.

Dec 15, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #269 of 1,577

Quote:

Deleted by me.

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #270 of 1,577
Did any of the people who had issue with USB connection installed this ASIO driver http://www.usb-audio.com/ ? I got a bunch of nice BSOD with it, too and it's very hard to clean it up because the uninstallation program is borked and doesn't remove everything. Basically, it's fubar.

EDIT: The Tenor chip normally shows up as TE7022, unless the manufacturer bothered to reprogrammed it (Yulong for example). Older PCM270x chip shows up as USB DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back