Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Dec 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #241 of 1,577

Quote:
Quote:
Thinking about using a Y-adapter on the RCA output when I finally buy a NFB 2 or 3, in order to send separate signals to a headamp and speaker amp.

Would this likely have any adverse audible effect?   Electrically-speaking, I believe it changes output impedance slightly.

The output impedance stays the same. Only the load (or equivalent input impedance) reduces. When both the speaker amp and the headamp have a decent input impedance (say >10k) then there should not be any significant audible effect. There will always be a small influence, but I doubt if I would be able to hear it
confused_face_2.gif
The influence of adding another connector to the signal chain could have more impact than the parallel loads.

Got ya. Thanks..

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #242 of 1,577
Great to see some new love for the NFB-2 & 3. 
beerchug.gif

I finally settled on the NFB-3s new home.  I have been moving it around and testing different setups with it.  The home office it is.

I have a lot of flexibility with this setup w/ speakers and headphones.

I can use the pre-outs of the C-2 (NFB-3), FUN(A)(DI), WA2 (4 inputs), plus headphones.

Good times......
beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #244 of 1,577
I know this is a bit OT but how does the NFB-3 --> WA2 compare to NFB-3--> C-2? Does the NFB-2 have particularly good synergy with either?

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #245 of 1,577

Quote:
droll time 
devil_face.gif

where is the DAC19 Heatfan?

Hi .Sup.  Well, the DAC-19 has been moved downstairs to my entertainment center.  It has been paired with my media player (plays FLAC, WAV etc.) and another tube amp as well as my full-sized speakers.

Cheers

Quote:
I know this is a bit OT but how does the NFB-3 --> WA2 compare to NFB-3--> C-2? Does the NFB-2 have particularly good synergy with either?

Not OT at all Cap.  I have paired the NFB-3 with various amps (SS, tube and tube hybrid) and the synergy is very good.  It lets the other gear shine through.  I love to component match myself, but with the NFB-3, the guesswork is taken away.  It goes very well with tube amps as I stated earlier in thread.  Out of all my switching around, it went very well with anything I plugged into it.

Cheers

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #246 of 1,577
I have very strange problem with my NFB-3. Everytime I turn it off I get bluescreen on my computer reporting that some unexpected error happened. Is anyone else facing same problem?

Dec 6, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #248 of 1,577
I also have the BSOD problem. Not really an issue since I have music running whenever my computer's on. But yes turning the DAC off while the computer is still running results in a BSOD in a matter of minutes.
I'm on Foobar WASAPI via USB on Win7.

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #249 of 1,577
Chucking this in here for NFB-3 owners to hopefully tell me what they think. I have just purchased the Burson HA-160 amp and some HD650s and Ultrasone Pro 900s. Looking for a fairly neutral sounding DAC, do you think the NFB-3 will work well in this setup? Also, if I unplugged the amp from the back of the DAC, would it be possible to plug my powered studio monitors into the back via RCA as a way to use them with my PC? Kind of thinking the extra RCA options on the back of the FUN might be a better option as then I wouldn't have to unplug things everytime I want to use my speakers, but the price and reports of the NFB-3 are nice.

Dec 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #250 of 1,577

Quote:
I also have the BSOD problem. Not really an issue since I have music running whenever my computer's on. But yes turning the DAC off while the computer is still running results in a BSOD in a matter of minutes.
I'm on Foobar WASAPI via USB on Win7.

Have you tried it without WASAPI to see if that's the cause?

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #251 of 1,577

Quote:
Quote:
droll time 
devil_face.gif

where is the DAC19 Heatfan?

Hi .Sup.  Well, the DAC-19 has been moved downstairs to my entertainment center.  It has been paired with my media player (plays FLAC, WAV etc.) and another tube amp as well as my full-sized speakers.

Cheers

Hi heatfan

I thought that ^ was your entertainment center. I wonder what other equipment do you have....Well keep us updated please!

good stuff buddy
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #253 of 1,577
Hmm, I am using Foobar (WASAPI) via USB on Win7(x64) and am not having those problems. Have you contacted kingwa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back