Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Jul 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #1,218 of 1,577
Quote:
I haven't yet. It's pretty early in China so I figured I would post here first to see if any other head-fiers had similar issues.

I can't recall anyone else in this thread having as much external enclosure damage to their unit.  The question, which may not be easy to conclusively answer, is did it look that way when it was packed into the box for shipment.  Was your carton damaged?  Of course, that doesn't prove anything, as customs routinely unboxes and re-packages units, maybe after subjecting them to some rough treatment.  You don't have a location in your profile, but Kingwa has said that the Singapore customs officials seem to bear some special malice towards Audio-gd gear coming into their country.  At any rate, Kingwa monitors this thread, so you have effectively contacted him in public.  Hope the situation is resolved to your satisfaction.

Jul 13, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #1,219 of 1,577
The exterior packaging wasn't damaged in the same places as where the damage on the items occurred. The box was very ruffled and worn looking, so it could have possibly been opened up and then closed again. But the items inside were sealed under plastic wrap and heavy taping, and then further taped in foam inserts. It would be hard to imagine that this occurred during shipment. It looks like a sharp metal object nicked the case while it was exposed. Screwdriver maybe? (I'm in California btw)

I've already emailed Audio-gd in regards to this and sent photos. One option I could think instead of having to ship the whole thing back would be to maybe have them just ship me replacement faceplate and body plate for the case. I popped open the lid and the faceplate doesn't look too too difficult to take off and replace, but I'm not sure. I've got elementary level soldering skills.

Jul 14, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #1,220 of 1,577
Too bad for your NFB-2... Great and long delivery expectations and in the end receiving goods that are damaged... I know the feeling.
frown.gif
(in my case not with A-GD shipments but still...)

I think A-GD takes pre-shipment pictures of all their products (and they store them for couple of months). Your shipment investigation should be a matter of comparing your pictures with theirs.

...as for remedy to your problem - I believe you'll manage to sort something out with them. Good luck.

Jul 14, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #1,221 of 1,577
Just got my NFB-3 today! I would first like to say that WOW, shipping was fast! Second, it sounds amazing! I have been using the optical output from my computer, and hooking up a Lehmann BCL clone with an HD800. All I can say is I'm impressed, especially at the price i paid for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #1,223 of 1,577
I haven't had the chance to try it yet. But since you seem to have been having problems with your unit anyways, maybe you should see what Audio-gd has to say about it

Quote:
Is anyone having an issue with the USB input? Both the coaxial and optical inputs of mine work fine, but the USB input sounds distorted.

Jul 15, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #1,224 of 1,577

Quote:
Is anyone having an issue with the USB input? Both the coaxial and optical inputs of mine work fine, but the USB input sounds distorted.

I have all 3 hooked up. I don't find any one input particularly better/worse than the other.

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #1,228 of 1,577
Guys! i just wanted to ask something i havent found the answer to: Is the audio gd nfb-2 upsampling dac? does it upsample to 192khz. 

Also what do the filters means when they say 2x, 4x, 8x, oversampling??

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back