Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Oct 16, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #92 of 1,577
implementation is key. More features and better specs don't make it better without proper implementation.

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #94 of 1,577
Different flavours. Kingwa says sabre is more neutral while Wolfson is smoother and more musical. Personally I would go with Wolfson.

Oct 16, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #95 of 1,577

Quote:
Well, finally moved the gear to its final destination upstairs.  Wanted to eventually connect the NFB-3 to my speaker rig / entertainment center downstairs, but the TE7022 would be better served upstairs.

On your picture there is also a FUN-A. Where do you use this in your system? And how does this compare to the NFB-3?

Oct 16, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #98 of 1,577

Quote:
On your picture there is also a FUN-A. Where do you use this in your system? And how does this compare to the NFB-3?

Hello middachten,

I use the FUN w/ Moon OPA as an all-in-one (don't have an external amp connected to it).  USB input to notebook, optical input to Sony CDP-CE335 .  The line-in is connected to an ALO iPod dock.  The pre-out is connected to my A5 speakers. 
Basically, headphones or speakers with a laptop, CD player or iPod all with a push of a button or two...My versatile little black box....
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Quote:
My Sony VAIO has a 2 prong plug and hasn't blown up yet!

In other news I think I am going to order the NFB-3. Do you all think it'll be a real upgrade over my Zero DAC?

Yes and congratz...
beerchug.gif

About how long is the turnaround time for Audio-GD to ship usually? 

It all depends on the product.  My NFB-3 shipped within a week.  My DI took about ten days to ship.

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #99 of 1,577
Heatfan,

Thanks for the response! Have you compared the ACSS link between the DACs and the C2 with a normal RCA link? If so I'd be curious about what sort of benefits ACSS provides with this level of gear.

Oct 16, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #100 of 1,577
My pleasure Cap....

At the moment I have both NFB-3 & DAC19 connected to C-2 via RCA.  I have tried the ACSS connection with both to C-2, however comparing the two with ACSS is a bit tedious because of only one ACSS input on the C-2, so must unplug and replug in order to do so.

I like the ACSS personally.  Nothing night and day from RCA but a nice little "sparkle" to the sound, if you will.  The stock ACSS cable that ships is 3ft.  I had Kingwa make a 1ft. for stacking the DAC-19 and C-2, so for me, the ACSS will definitely get some use.

Oct 17, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #101 of 1,577

Quote:
My pleasure Cap....

At the moment I have both NFB-3 & DAC19 connected to C-2 via RCA.  I have tried the ACSS connection with both to C-2, however comparing the two with ACSS is a bit tedious because of only one ACSS input on the C-2, so must unplug and replug in order to do so.

I like the ACSS personally.  Nothing night and day from RCA but a nice little "sparkle" to the sound, if you will.  The stock ACSS cable that ships is 3ft.  I had Kingwa make a 1ft. for stacking the DAC-19 and C-2, so for me, the ACSS will definitely get some use.

Does the stock cable come by default, or did you have to order it separately?

Oct 17, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #102 of 1,577

Quote:
Does the stock cable come by default, or did you have to order it separately?

Hello Zoide,

Sorry, that part was a bit confusing.  No, the ACSS cables are extra.  When I placed my original order, I just ordered one pair.  That pair was 3ft.  I did not know at that time if I was going to stack them or not.  Once stacked the 3ft is a bit long, so I ordered a 1ft.

Even side by side the 3ft is a bit long.  He'll make them any size, I just did not know where I was going to place them.

3ft.

1ft.

Oct 17, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #103 of 1,577
I've always been a fan of short cables. Looks much nicer with 1ft. But I think Kingwa should pick a different colour for his ACSS cables than skin coloured ones
tongue.gif

reminds me of http://www.virginmedia.com/images/olm.jpg

Oct 17, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #104 of 1,577

Quote:
I've always been a fan of short cables. Looks much nicer with 1ft. But I think Kingwa should pick a different colour for his ACSS cables than skin coloured ones
tongue.gif

reminds me of http://www.virginmedia.com/images/olm.jpg

They are no longer that color. He´s upgraded them, they have a dark texture covered in techflex. Actually they look almost identical to Wireworld Gold Starlight cables for example. Apparently they perform better than the old ones too.

Oct 17, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #105 of 1,577

Quote:
They are no longer that color. He´s upgraded them, they have a dark texture covered in techflex. Actually they look almost identical to Wireworld Gold Starlight cables for example. Apparently they perform better than the old ones too.

well you know the pretty cables are always better and thus more expensive
tongue.gif

thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back