Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Apr 7, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #691 of 1,577
My NFB-2 started out void of micro details, i was a little concerned but they slowly started becoming more apparent. After approx 25hrs burn-in, it had really opened up and didnt percieve much change after that. 

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #694 of 1,577
Just ordered NFB-3, we'll see how long it takes before it will be shipped

Apr 11, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #695 of 1,577
Well my NFB-2 finally arrived this morning! It took about 5 weeks from when I ordered, not too bad a wait, I know there's others that have had much longer waits from Audio-GD. It shipped on Wednesday so 5 days to ship from China to Australia via EMS is fairly good.
Initial impressions are definitely positive. Been listening for about 2 hours now and this thing is definitely a step above my old Essence STX.
The Digital Interface still hasn't arrived, should be shipping soon hopefully. I would have expected Audio-GD to ship them together but I guess the Digital Interface wasn't ready in time when the NFB-2 was ready to be shipped.

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #697 of 1,577
hi there! i just a quick question guys... have you guys tried the NFB-12? just wondering if the DAC of it is similar to the NFB-3? let's say i used them both for an active speaker? thanks!

im just looking for a desktop upgrade and it seems that those two are what im looking for.. just confused

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #702 of 1,577
Word is they are trying to ship my NFB3 out this week. This should be an interesting exercise as soon as my new amp comes in. This is my first computer system, and I chose the NFB3 as a modest benchmark, as I anticipate a substantial upgrade path.

Apr 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #704 of 1,577
whats a good cheaper amp that has a preamp&headamp to pair with it? or would it be better if i just get nfb12?

Well, I was going to take some digital snapshots later today and put my four-month-old Maverick A1 "Tube Magic" integrated amplifier up for sale. It paired very nicely with my NFB-3 and Sennheiser HD650s, but I have some bills I have to pay (need to fix the wireless in my HP-Linux laptop pictured at this address):

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/512856/audio-gd-nfb-2-nfb-3-delivery-impression-thread/600#post_7353320

If you are interested in reading more about the Maverick A1, which is a superb amplifier, and given a high-quality DAC and good headphones, a great music system including the ability to drive speakers, read Head-Fi-er Project86's review here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/513019/review-maverick-audio-tubemagic-a1-integrated-amp-pre-amp-headphone-amp

... and PM me if you are interested. Otherwise, i won't disrupt this thread again and will get my FS:classified ad up later today.

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #705 of 1,577
Just wondering...

Anyone has a Marantz KI-Pearl or Pearl Lite to compare its DAC section with the NFB-2/3's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back