Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
May 15, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #738 of 961
Audiophonics have their own eBay page, so I ordered it from them, since they advertise a kit which is less than 1/2 the price of an assembled unit.  In the eBay advert there is a picture of the circuit board and all the little extras you get with it.  When it arrived, there was only one of these extras.  Also no wiring or connection diagram.  I have been looking at the connections and tracks on the board and have figured out which are the inputs and outputs.  But the switching is inconsistent.  On the output switch (3 pins) you need to leave them all open to make it output via the DAC out but bridge the other two in turn to change the output to headphone or variable.  Then there is a USB/co-ax/optical switch (also 3 pins).  Here you need to bridge at least two to make any input operate.  Then there is another jumper called High and Low.  If this is bridged, the output jumps from 1.5 volts to 8 volts, severely overloading any amp output.

But I have got it to work and am busy burning it in.  Compared to a Schiit Bifrost with USB2 and Uber Analogue, it is warmer and as detailed

May 17, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #740 of 961
Has anyone figured the connections and effect of the filters?  I understand from reading the technical info on Audio GD's website that the 5 pin socket on the board is the filter selection.  By default, the two outer pairs are bridged by jumpers

Expert assistance required here please!

May 25, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #744 of 961
  Just gotten mine, but im curious, whats the difference between variable and fixed output?

its just if you want the volume control knob to control the volume on output,(variable) or the volume set at a preset point and the volume knob does nothing.(fixed)

May 25, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #746 of 961
So, it's a true line out or not? Even at fixed level the gain switch works...

it really just changes it so the volume knob so it works or does not work. its more for if you wanted to run another amp after it and not have to adjust the volume control on both amps.

May 25, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #747 of 961
it really just changes it so the volume knob so it works or does not work. its more for if you wanted to run another amp after it and not have to adjust the volume control on both amps.

Yes. I understand that, but I want to know if the line out it's straight from the DAC or really it's a second headphone out because of the variable out (volpot control) and/or gain switch.

Thanks

May 27, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #748 of 961
Anyone here found a great filter setting for there 400i's? Need help here because I find mine are a little to Bright and my ears hurt after lisening to it for a long time.
Also how do you know what your volume levels in numbers?

May 27, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #749 of 961
  Anyone here found a great filter setting for there 400i's? Need help here because I find mine are a little to Bright and my ears hurt after lisening to it for a long time.
Also how do you know what your volume levels in numbers?

The 400i can get hot and edgy in the treble around 4kHz and 10kHz.

You'd be better off using EQ to drop a few dB at those frequencies than trying to use the DAC filter to correct it.

May 27, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #750 of 961

The 400i can get hot and edgy in the treble around 4kHz and 10kHz.

You'd be better off using EQ to drop a few dB at those frequencies than trying to use the DAC filter to correct it.

Damn, I Really don't like the idea of using an EQ I was hoping the filters could solve all my problems. I don't think I burned in the NFB-15 yet would that have something to do with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back