Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Sep 17, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #362 of 961
I wish the Audio-GD 15 has an analog RCA input to bypass the DAC so you can have the option to use other sources using RCA. The other DAC/AMP has this feature like the Matrix M-Stage USB. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 17, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #363 of 961
  I wish the Audio-GD 15 has an analog RCA input to bypass the DAC so you can have the option to use other sources using RCA. The other DAC/AMP has this feature like the Matrix M-Stage USB. 
rolleyes.gif

You need Compass2 w/ dual WM8741 board to get NFB-15's sound with RCA inputs.

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #365 of 961
Here's an update to what I posted yesterday. Seems that they took the liberty to ship via TNT. It cost them and extra $5, which they covered.

Their customer service has been excellent. It has been four days from the time that I ordered and they just sent me the tracking number at about 1:30am California time. The unit arrived at my door at 8am, lol. It was a pleasant surprise.

My twins have me locked down away from my office, so I hooked it up to a Fiio X3 upstairs with a coax cable. Sounds fantastic. I'm certain I'll feel the same after the honeymoon phase.

Everything in the box was flawless. No dings or scratches. The QC on the build is excellent. I don't think I'll be missing my M/M stack anytime soon.

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #366 of 961
Here's an update to what I posted yesterday. Seems that they took the liberty to ship via TNT. It cost them and extra $5, which they covered.

Their customer service has been excellent. It has been four days from the time that I ordered and they just sent me the tracking number at about 1:30am California time. The unit arrived at my door at 8am, lol. It was a pleasant surprise.

My twins have me locked down away from my office, so I hooked it up to a Fiio X3 upstairs with a coax cable. Sounds fantastic. I'm certain I'll feel the same after the honeymoon phase.

Everything in the box was flawless. No dings or scratches. The QC on the build is excellent. I don't think I'll be missing my M/M stack anytime soon.

thats quick T__T
mine has been hold at dhl for about 1 weeks without any updates after agd noticed the package has been shipped :frowning2:

Sep 19, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #369 of 961
  Hey, What is better? o2 + odac or this, the NFB-15.32. I can get the NFB for about $20 cheaper to ship to Canada, not sure about the import taxes on both.

The NFB-15 is far superior to the O2-Odac from every point of view:

full transistors discrete analogue stage design VS. opamps design;
high quality integrated power supply VS. cheap wall adapter power supply;
dual WM8741 Wolfson flagship Dac chips VS. single not-flagship ES9023 Sabre;
optical, coaxial and usb input VS. only usb input;
superior Via VT 1371 usb receiver with 32/192 capability VS. Tenor TE7022L 24/96; 
2650 mW headphone output power at 32 ohm VS. about 600 mW at 32 ohm (declared);
superior building quality and testing of the AGD.

All this at practically the same price, only some $ more for the Audio-GD
As you can see there is a night and day difference and, most important, while O2/Odac can still sound good, Audio-GD sounds better, for sure.
Sorry for the O2/Odac fans.  

P.S.: Ohh, the NFB-15 is not small and portable like the O2/Odac, I admit it ...  

Sep 20, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #370 of 961
Sep 20, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #371 of 961
I didn't want to jump the gun without putting some solid testing time on the NFB-15, but it seems to have solved my USB audio issues I was having with the M/M stack.
When using the USB M/M stack, I would get stutters often. It would happen in games, watching videos through any browser or movies. The only time it was unaffected was using Foobar2k /w WASAPI. Then it played music flawless. 

I tried everything to fix the problem. I updated every driver on my pc. I verified settings in the OS and in BIOS. Did every check and solution for possible DPC latency. Changed usb cables. Tried different power adapters. I could go on and on. The hours I spent trying to fix the issue before finally giving up are much higher than I'd like to admit. My solution was to listen to music with foobar2k, play games through optical to a DSS, and not watch movies/videos on my computer if it was going to annoy me. That worked fine, but wasn't ideal.

The NFB-15 has solved the problem completely. I've ran it through every setup I can do. I tried it with headphones, IEMs and my powered monitors. Tried all the different inputs. Hooked up my X3 to it. I've played games, watched movies and videos, listened to music on multiple platforms. Everything is flawless without a hint of stutter. I'm not sure what to give credit to: could be the unit, it's driver or a combination of both. I don't know, and I don't care. It works. 
I'm a happy camper now. No more dealing with switch boxes or monitor controllers. This does everything I need in one sexy ass, brushed aluminium box. The setup was fast, easy and without a single issue on windows 7 64 bit. Equally as important, it sounds fantastic so far. I'll eventually do a review on it in a few weeks after I've had time to just enjoy it. 

Thanks to all those that recommended it here, and those that I PMed for information. I really do appreciate it. 

Sep 21, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #372 of 961
Are the shipping quotes, on audio-gd's website, the complete shipping price? Or do you pay that amount at the door? I live in Canada so I know it's $45.50 just to ship it but I heard there is also a cost to be paid for import charges at the door but they don't say anything about that on the website, confused.

Sep 21, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #373 of 961
Are the shipping quotes, on audio-gd's website, the complete shipping price? Or do you pay that amount at the door? I live in Canada so I know it's $45.50 just to ship it but I heard there is also a cost to be paid for import charges at the door but they don't say anything about that on the website, confused.

They put the value at $80 for mine, so there were no import fees. That's the case with California if it's under $200. You'll have to check how it is for Canada. I know it's a bit more complicated.

As mentioned above, if you ask for a different value, they are willing to help.

Sep 22, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #374 of 961

Yes there will be an import fee to Canada that you will have to pay when it gets to the door mine was 20$ and a fellow head-fier that bought his at the same time paid 25$ so it will be between
20-30$. They don't tell you on there website cause there is no way for them to know the import fee cause every  shipping company and country has different rates.

Sep 22, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #375 of 961
  Yes there will be an import fee to Canada that you will have to pay when it gets to the door mine was 20$ and a fellow head-fier that bought his at the same time paid 25$ so it will be between
20-30$. They don't tell you on there website cause there is no way for them to know the import fee cause every  shipping company and country has different rates.

Gotcha. Just the provincial+federal tax is different from province to province then.  I'm in Ontario so I'm thinking it will be $25, maybe a little more. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back