Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Jan 5, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #136 of 961
Ya its friggin heavy too but that's always a good thing in the world of amps and DACs right lol.

I'm tempted to open it up but I don't want to void the warranty.

I don't think Audio gd is mentioning anywhere that opening the gear voids the warranty. For many of their amps & dacs you have to open the case for jumper setting etc.

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #137 of 961
There is a sticker seal there that says if you tear it, the warranty is void.

Seems thats a little misleading since like you said, you have to change jumper settings and for those who install their own TCXO upgrade.

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #138 of 961
When  audio-gd started adding warranty stickers, Mine unit did not come with any warranty sticker unless you bought it from a different seller then audio-gd.

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #140 of 961
Maybe as you got the TXCO fitted there is no need to open up the unit??? Strange though. I'd email Kingwa about it.

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #141 of 961
Well there will still be a reason to open it up, in-case something bad happen during the  updating of the usb transfer chip bios.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #142 of 961
Mine looks different to yours mine has no markings on the knobs it looks like the 12 series . Burn in is best to run with it all connected so signal goes through whole unit . I may be wrong though

Quote name="DJINFERNO806" url="/t/648386/audio-gd-nfb-15-32-delivery-impression-thread/120#post_10125168"]So got it unpacked and set up, been listening to it all day.

What a beauty indeed.  Something about that industrial, no frills, "pro" non consumer look gives me goosebumps.  The brushed aluminium is great and really caches the eye.

So far I have noticed what people call "fun" and warm.  The lows on this are so nice.  Definitely a low end boost which is noticeable on my DT 770 250's as they tend to be very neutral.  But in a good way.  I don't know how else to describe it as my audiophile terminology is limited lol.   But the highs are not as piercing or shrieking as my ZXR which was better than the Z for this but not perfect.  Not sure why.  Might have been the output impedance.  Oh well. 

But from what I hear, you need another 100 hours minimum of burn in time for this to shine.  It's gonna take a while as I will be working a lot of shifts coming up.  

I almost destroyed my ears when switching the gain setting lol.  I thought it was on high already and I went to switch it and it was on low gain at 3 o clock position.  My ear drums are not happy right now.  Which leads me to a question, maybe a silly one.  What would be more beneficial?  Low gain at 4 o clock ish or high gain at 11 o clockish.  I figure low gain is fine however maybe one of you have some insight I do not.

All in all a great investment and value for what you pay.  Even with the TCXO upgrade.  Only thing that peeved me is the custom import fees they nailed me with.  Only $30 but not expected.  I only really payed a few bucks in taxes on $80 USD(85 CDN), DHL automatically applied $25 as fees for the border adding taxes.  What a rip, those goofs.
[/quote]

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #144 of 961
A-GD seriously needs to sell these with an analog input. I'd be on it, like white on rice.

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #146 of 961
Oh? Pic please. The only amp/dac that A-GD has with an analog input is the Compass 2, AFAIK.

Jan 6, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #148 of 961
Ya the 15.32 doesn't have any analogue inputs. At least none that are listed on their website. Mine definitely does not.

Hi,

See picture. Mine is plugged into a rotel pre (through the blue leads - wireworld rca ). I run it as a dac through my cd player (red lead/coax dig- wireworld). Which has improved the sound significantly. The yellow power lead is an upmarket one and it opened up the soundstage even more.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Steve.

Jan 6, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #150 of 961

Hi,

See picture. Mine is plugged into a rotel pre (through the blue leads - wireworld rca ). I run it as a dac through my cd player (red lead/coax dig- wireworld). Which has improved the sound significantly. The yellow power lead is an upmarket one and it opened up the soundstage even more.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Steve.

doesn't that make them outputs then not inputs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back