Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Dec 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #123 of 961
Have a read through a few pages back.. all the answers are there - to sum up though, it's most definitely worth it. 

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #126 of 961
@DJINFERNO806 - I got an email that it was shipped, they have to wait 1 business day to get the tracker code from DHL. I think mine shipped on the 26th and it came today on the 30th. My order from Monoprice (Cali, USA) is still in Cali haha.

Just got my order in today. There was a little chip in the corner of the front panel :frowning2: The foam packaging looks pretty sturdy and would prevent the unit from hitting the edge of the box (like an inch thick or more). The unit seems to be working though. I saw a warranty seal sticker, so didn't want to try opening it to see if there was any internal damage.

I have some quick questions. I'm a PC gamer and sometimes listen to music with my game sounds. The only way I can play audio from multiple sources is on DS output right? Then if I just want to listen to music I can change it back to KS or ASIO right?

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #127 of 961
They take their New Year holidays same as us.. don't know if they shut down early - I think that they do from memory (looking at Audio-GD threads). Presume you're keeping an eye on this? http://www.audio-gd.com/Shipment.htm

My Compass 2 is being held at an Italian shipping company - they will release the beast on the 3rd - basically this is a bad time to order gear as always, anywhere. DJ - I wouldn't worry mate.

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #128 of 961
Thanks for the input guys, I actually just got an email last night saying it was shipped yesterday so I am back to being happy lol.

I do see my name on that shipment list so that's good.  With New Years I dont expect it to come until Friday or even Monday.

@krazyxazn 

That is correct, the only way to mix music with your game sounds is to playback the music in directsound aka Wasapi shared mode.  

Jan 3, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #130 of 961
So got it unpacked and set up, been listening to it all day.

What a beauty indeed.  Something about that industrial, no frills, "pro" non consumer look gives me goosebumps.  The brushed aluminium is great and really caches the eye.

So far I have noticed what people call "fun" and warm.  The lows on this are so nice.  Definitely a low end boost which is noticeable on my DT 770 250's as they tend to be very neutral.  But in a good way.  I don't know how else to describe it as my audiophile terminology is limited lol.   But the highs are not as piercing or shrieking as my ZXR which was better than the Z for this but not perfect.  Not sure why.  Might have been the output impedance.  Oh well. 

But from what I hear, you need another 100 hours minimum of burn in time for this to shine.  It's gonna take a while as I will be working a lot of shifts coming up.  

I almost destroyed my ears when switching the gain setting lol.  I thought it was on high already and I went to switch it and it was on low gain at 3 o clock position.  My ear drums are not happy right now.  Which leads me to a question, maybe a silly one.  What would be more beneficial?  Low gain at 4 o clock ish or high gain at 11 o clockish.  I figure low gain is fine however maybe one of you have some insight I do not.

All in all a great investment and value for what you pay.  Even with the TCXO upgrade.  Only thing that peeved me is the custom import fees they nailed me with.  Only $30 but not expected.  I only really payed a few bucks in taxes on $80 USD(85 CDN), DHL automatically applied $25 as fees for the border adding taxes.  What a rip, those goofs.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #131 of 961
Great photos DJ - very nice.

Low gain is actually 0DB and high gain 12DB on the Audio-GD's. If there's no channel mismatch on a low setting on the pot (which appears to be a common problem) then it's up to you - whatever sounds best. '11' is always good though :) As far as burning it in, you can just leave it on 24/7 in addition to playing music when you're not on shift.

Was interested to see this new addition to Audio-GD's website - love the title "The babies in gestating": http://www.audio-gd.com/Baby-EN.htm. I can see our money doesn't go towards any heating bills.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #133 of 961
  So got it unpacked and set up, been listening to it all day.

What a beauty indeed.  Something about that industrial, no frills, "pro" non consumer look gives me goosebumps.  The brushed aluminium is great and really caches the eye.

So far I have noticed what people call "fun" and warm.  The lows on this are so nice.  Definitely a low end boost which is noticeable on my DT 770 250's as they tend to be very neutral.  But in a good way.  I don't know how else to describe it as my audiophile terminology is limited lol.   But the highs are not as piercing or shrieking as my ZXR which was better than the Z for this but not perfect.  Not sure why.  Might have been the output impedance.  Oh well. 

But from what I hear, you need another 100 hours minimum of burn in time for this to shine.  It's gonna take a while as I will be working a lot of shifts coming up.  

I almost destroyed my ears when switching the gain setting lol.  I thought it was on high already and I went to switch it and it was on low gain at 3 o clock position.  My ear drums are not happy right now.  Which leads me to a question, maybe a silly one.  What would be more beneficial?  Low gain at 4 o clock ish or high gain at 11 o clockish.  I figure low gain is fine however maybe one of you have some insight I do not.

All in all a great investment and value for what you pay.  Even with the TCXO upgrade.  Only thing that peeved me is the custom import fees they nailed me with.  Only $30 but not expected.  I only really payed a few bucks in taxes on $80 USD(85 CDN), DHL automatically applied $25 as fees for the border adding taxes.  What a rip, those goofs.

Wow, it's a lot bigger than I thought!
You should've asked them to declare a lower value :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back