Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Dec 25, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #106 of 961

Hello, got the same feeling. I used my CD player Cyrus CD6S connected as drive through toslink (very basic one) and it seems to sound better than USB (windows XP). However I suspect that USB link is very sensitive to the quality of cable, and even if the stock cable is not very bad, significant improvement should be obtained with a top quality USB cable. Any advises on good quality price ratio USB cables that can be used in relation with the 15.32 ?

I have tried 5 usb cables and I heard no difference.
The PC can influence the sound, some of the PCs I have tried are just better than others as transports.
Also note that for me WIN7 sounded better through usb than WIN XP.

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #108 of 961
Did you order the TCXO upgrade along side with it? because if I recall they will put it in for you before they ship the unit.  

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #109 of 961
Ya I forgot to initially ask for it but then I emailed him again and they are adding it for another $21. It is shipping out today according to kingwa

For $21 why not right? I'm already spending $300 so no biggie.

Dec 28, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #110 of 961

Hello, got the same feeling. I used my CD player Cyrus CD6S connected as drive through toslink (very basic one) and it seems to sound better than USB (windows XP). However I suspect that USB link is very sensitive to the quality of cable, and even if the stock cable is not very bad, significant improvement should be obtained with a top quality USB cable. Any advises on good quality price ratio USB cables that can be used in relation with the 15.32 ? 

Hi,

Did you feel it improved the sound of the cyrus cd6s. I found it beat the rega apollo-r.

Cheers

Steve.

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #111 of 961
Hi there,
Bit of a newbish question to ask, but I send an email to Audio-GD and they were no help whatsoever.
 I hear it supports Dolby Headphones, in order to achieve this could I just plug it straight into my motherboard, or would I require something else?
I'm planning on using AKG Q701s with it.

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #112 of 961
The NFB15.32 do not  have Dolby headphone with its USB input, You have to use a sound card like a Asus Xonar DG/DGX and send Dolby Headphone thru-out it's Optical output into the NFB15.32 Optical Input. It's what I currently do for gaming right now with my Asus Xonar DGX. 

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #113 of 961
  The NFB15.32 do not  have Dolby headphone with its USB input, You have to use a sound card like a Asus Xonar DG/DGX and send Dolby Headphone thru-out it's Optical output into the NFB15.32 Optical Input. It's what I currently do for gaming right now with my Asus Xonar DGX. 

I could pick up an Asus Xonr DG for next to nothing.
I know my motherboard supports surround sound, but it doesn't have an optical output.
Are there any upgrades worth getting for it?

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #114 of 961
If you need Dolby headphone then it totally worth getting the DG since you can get it dirt cheap. Its why I got this DGX dirt cheap for the same reason which was for Dolby headphone.

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #116 of 961
The NFB 15.32 by it self is a very good unit for audio quality and powering headphones that needs the power to be driven,of course one can always just use the unit without any Virtual surround sound functions gaming. Its a good unit because of the Input options, so you can get the gaming functions of a sound card and the Audio quality of a External dac amp, since the DG will be sending the signal with Dolby headphone included into the NFB15.32, and it does the rest.  The USB Input of the it the VIA transfer chip also supports Full blu ray audio too so that's a bonus.

But the Unit it self has no form of Virtual headphones options ,like i said you have to use a sound card with it if you want those functions in gaming. I have used the It by it self without a sound card while gaming,Tho I missed having Dolby headphone.

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #117 of 961
The 15.32 is a DAC/amp, a very high quality unit at that.

It is good for any audio playback regardless of gaming or not. It has nothing to do with gaming.

That's why we are telling you to get the DG, that's what will process the virtual surround DSP.

Edit: lol Glen I think we posted at same time.

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #118 of 961
  The NFB 15.32 by it self is a very good unit for audio quality and powering headphones that needs the power to be driven,of course one can always just use the unit without any Virtual surround sound functions gaming. Its a good unit because of the Input options, so you can get the gaming functions of a sound card and the Audio quality of a External dac amp, since the DG will be sending the signal with Dolby headphone included into the NFB15.32, and it does the rest.  The USB Input of the it the VIA transfer chip also supports Full blu ray audio too so that's a bonus.

But the Unit it self has no form of Virtual headphones options ,like i said you have to use a sound card with it if you want those functions in gaming. I have used the It by it self without a sound card while gaming,Tho I missed having Dolby headphone.

How much would you say that Dolby headphones distorted the audio quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back