Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread
Nov 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #91 of 961
The first thing i notice after using it more, that's more transparent, Kingwa told me it take 100 hours to burn in fully the tcxo chip, so I have a long way to go.

Nov 20, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #93 of 961
great,I have found that the Filter and OS settings make no discernible difference except when I try and OS a track that is already 96Khz. Could be my ears but I cant hear any difference at all. Anyway, thanks to this forum I have ended up with a great sounding system for not stupid money.thanks
NJ3Qza

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #94 of 961
15.32 owner here, yesterday I bought an optical cable to replace the stock USB cable that comes with the unit (I don't like the Windows drivers, have had annoying issues). Not only can I listen driver free (not a single issue so far), but (maybe it's placebo) it sounds noticeably better when I really wasn't expecting it to. The resolution seems to have been raised with a much better sense of separation, and it sounds more dynamic and lively. The stock USB sounds a bit 'glazed over'  and 'flat' (as in lacking energy) in comparison. Has anybody experienced this? I don't know if it's just the difference in sound between USB and optical, or if the stock USB cable is known to be lacking in quality. 

for reference, this is the optical cable I'm using: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/pro-series-2m-toslink-to-toslink-fibre-optic-cable.html

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #95 of 961
Hi,

I know people argue over the value of various cables. I have certaintly heard improvements when I put a good power cord into it and got some high quality coaxial and rca cables plugged into it. It opened up the sound, more transparent dynamic and smoother.

Cheers

Steve.

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #96 of 961
could anyone tell me, is tcxo upgrade significant for 15.32 and what does it do? thanks

Dec 5, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #97 of 961
  could anyone tell me, is tcxo upgrade significant for 15.32 and what does it do? thanks

Hi,
I don't know all the technical stuff, but it seems to lessen jitter therefore its seems to be a cleaner signal. Sonically I noticed a smoother/cleaner and slightly more transparent sound.  Little details stand out more and bass seems tighter and punchier.

Cheers

Steve

Dec 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #98 of 961

Hi,
I don't know all the technical stuff, but it seems to lessen jitter therefore its seems to be a cleaner signal. Sonically I noticed a smoother/cleaner and slightly more transparent sound.  Little details stand out more and bass seems tighter and punchier.

Cheers

Steve

thank you for your reply. I have also ordered tcxo upgrade.

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #100 of 961

Hi,

How did you go with the tcxo upgrade.

Cheers

Steve.

Hi Steve, I have ordered 15.32 and tcxo upgrade to a french seller. The delivery of goods will be done only in Jan. I did not order directly in Audio GD website, because of import policies
frown.gif

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #101 of 961
  The first thing i notice after using it more, that's more transparent, Kingwa told me it take 100 hours to burn in fully the tcxo chip, so I have a long way to go.

Gen .. slightly off topic as this is about the Compass 2 - is fitting the TXCO upgrade easy?  If it's a straightforward solder with easy instructions, then then I would be happy to purchase the Compass. Only ask as you're one of the few people to do this.

Many thanks Gen.

**Edit**

Found this page http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USBface/Clock.htm. Is this the basically the same procedure? (I would of course email Kingwa to verify).

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #102 of 961
  Gen .. slightly off topic as this is about the Compass 2 - is fitting the TXCO upgrade easy?  If it's a straightforward solder with easy instructions, then then I would be happy to purchase the Compass. Only ask as you're one of the few people to do this.

Many thanks Gen.

**Edit**

Found this page http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/USBface/Clock.htm. Is this the basically the same procedure? (I would of course email Kingwa to verify).

Yea they just pop right on out. Most important thing is to remember which direction the Circle or notch on the slot is pointing, so you an make sure you point the circle on the TXCO the same direction.

Dec 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #103 of 961

Yea they just pop right on out. Most important thing is to remember which direction the Circle or notch on the slot is pointing, so you an make sure you point the circle on the TXCO the same direction.

Hi,

I need to check, depending when the audio gd was made. Mine was the earlier version which you just push in and the latter version you had to solder in. I can check tonight my emails to see what Kingwa said. Maybe best to email him.

Cheers

Steve.

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #104 of 961
Hi,

If your audio gd 15.32 unit is produced before June, you just push it in lining it up to the dot, after June you solder. But confirm this with Kingwa as I don't want to give you the wrong advice.
Cheers
Steve.

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #105 of 961
  15.32 owner here, yesterday I bought an optical cable to replace the stock USB cable that comes with the unit (I don't like the Windows drivers, have had annoying issues). Not only can I listen driver free (not a single issue so far), but (maybe it's placebo) it sounds noticeably better when I really wasn't expecting it to. The resolution seems to have been raised with a much better sense of separation, and it sounds more dynamic and lively. The stock USB sounds a bit 'glazed over'  and 'flat' (as in lacking energy) in comparison. Has anybody experienced this? I don't know if it's just the difference in sound between USB and optical, or if the stock USB cable is known to be lacking in quality.

for reference, this is the optical cable I'm using: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/pro-series-2m-toslink-to-toslink-fibre-optic-cable.html

Hello, got the same feeling. I used my CD player Cyrus CD6S connected as drive through toslink (very basic one) and it seems to sound better than USB (windows XP). However I suspect that USB link is very sensitive to the quality of cable, and even if the stock cable is not very bad, significant improvement should be obtained with a top quality USB cable. Any advises on good quality price ratio USB cables that can be used in relation with the 15.32 ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back