Audio-GD NFB-15.1 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Aug 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

HeatFan12

Headphoneus Supremus
I did not see a dedicated thread for the NFB-15.1 and since A-GD is pumping out new products all the time, it would be easier to keep up, so why not.

Took delivery of this little black box bad boy about two weeks ago.  An all-in-one solution (discrete DAC + headphone amp + pre-amp).  Supports full speed async transfer mode with the built-in Tenor TE8802 chip (24/192 from usb) & dual WM8741s.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB15/NFB15EN.htm

Size compared to NFB-16

Size compared to DAC-19DSP & DI

Aug 25, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 107
Nice,
Got them since Tuesday and enjoying them a lot, the dac/amp seems kinda neutral with a faint warm side so they fit perfectly with my Signature Pro.I'm gonna see if things will improve and I'll give a good burn in.
But got some issues with the driver, I have got BOSD with my two computers ( one on Vista, other one on Seven ) when I'm listening more than 1 hour around, it's kinda annoying when you are immersed lol. Waiting for new ones.
How do you like urs ? 

Aug 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 107
Hi SS,

I was communicating with another head-fier in reference to the TE8802, and he was having minor issues with Vista.  I have connected both the NFB-15.1 & NFB-16 to Win Vista x32 & x64 & Win7 x64 with no hiccups whatsoever.  Various media players as well- Foobar, MusicBee, MediaMonkey, Winamp & iTunes.  If you use Foobar sometimes buffer length needs to be lowered.  All my music is on a NAS and streaming with both devices throughout the house, I have had no dropouts at all...I have used WASAPI, Kernel Streaming, DirectSound, & ASIO4ALL.

I have been pumping some different files I have 16/44.1, 16/48, 24/48, 24/88.2, 24/96, 24/192 & amazingly a raw vinyl rip I have that is 32/192 with no problems at all via usb...I feel sometimes that the NFB-15.1 is looking and taunting me saying "that's all you got, come on"....lol...

Good times!!!

Cheers!!!!!

Sep 3, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 107
Any signs of hiss in the headphone output on the NFB-15.1 especially with high efficiency low impedance IEMs?

My NFB-10SE is effectively silent with IEMs and I like that.
cool.gif
  Most products with headphone outputs I tried with IEMs have not been nearly as quiet.
triportsad.gif

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #7 of 107
I don't suppose anyone is using this with a Mac?  I'm on 10.7.4, and I'm having issues with sound.  Sounds like music is being dropped.
I've already contacted audio-gd, but was curious if this was happening to anyone else?

Edit: I was able to get v1.0 drivers for Mac by removing the - in the filename, and now it's working fine.

Sep 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #8 of 107
Quote:

Thanks for trying it out and replying.

beerchug.gif

Quote:
I don't suppose anyone is using this with a Mac?  I'm on 10.7.4, and I'm having issues with sound.  Sounds like music is being dropped.
I've already contacted audio-gd, but was curious if this was happening to anyone else?

Edit: I was able to get v1.0 drivers for Mac by removing the - in the filename, and now it's working fine.

Sorry,  no Mac edy...I did notice on the site a few extra steps for mac installation...

Oops, just saw the edit after I quoted...Great to hear it worked out...

Cheers!

Sep 5, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #12 of 107
Would you say this all in one package tops the Asus STX sound card?

Thinking about making the switch, hmm
Quote:
Congratz. Great all in one package indeed. Looking forward to your impressions.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For music, definitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #15 of 107
@Heatfan12

I wanted to ask this DAC can only supports asio4ll? I saw the site Audio-Gd that there are drivers, so it works in ASIO? Or only asio4all.. . Sry for my english:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back