Audio-GD NFB-11
Jan 14, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #632 of 987
If that's correct then noise wasn't probably an issue.
If you have a clock issue on USB you will have problems with jitter and your music will (how do I say that in good Enlisch) give hick-ups.
I didn't read from anyone who has already have the NFB-11 (you lucky bastards!!) that kind of problems.

Regards,
Tini

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #633 of 987
Both USB and optical input (I have yet to test coax).

Quote:
Quote:
I received fixed version of my NFB-11 a few days ago. Unfortunately, it still has the noise issue. I believe Audio-gd did their best, however, this may be one of the reasons why they discontinued ES9018 products.

Hi isao2k8,

Is it noisy only from USB input?

With USB input, clicking noise occurs with any sampling rate. With Optical, clicking noise occurs with high sampling rate (e.g. 88.2k, 96k). Some Japanese owners have reported similar issues of fixed version of NFB-10ES and NFB-11, other owners have reported "no problem". So it may depends on source gear...

Quote:
Quote:
I received fixed version of my NFB-11 a few days ago. Unfortunately, it still has the noise issue. I believe Audio-gd did their best, however, this may be one of the reasons why they discontinued ES9018 products.

How do you hear the noise? I've not heard any noise through any of my NFB-11 inputs.

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #634 of 987

Quote:

With USB input, clicking noise occurs with any sampling rate. With Optical, clicking noise occurs with high sampling rate (e.g. 88.2k, 96k). Some Japanese owners have reported similar issues of fixed version of NFB-10ES and NFB-11, other owners have reported "no problem". So it may depends on source gear...

Thanks for the feedback.

Which OS and SW do you use?

Jan 17, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #637 of 987
Do you use Asio or Wasapi with Foobar or do you use Windows / souncard drivers?
Have you tried setting a different buffersize?

Tini

Jan 18, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #638 of 987
Today I tested my NFB-11 again then noticed that the noise from USB input was siginificantly reduced. I don't know why, I didn't change any environment, but anyway, it's great. Optical input + 96kHz playback still makes the noise though.

Quote:
Sparky14 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've played back some 96k hi-rez files with no noise problems (XP-Foobar-USB-NFB11)...I wonder if the OS is an issue?

I tested both Windows XP and Windows 7 with this PC, and the result was the same.

Quote:

Tini

Yes I tested them but DS/ASIO/WASAPI and buffersize didn't affect the noise.

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #639 of 987
I was also one folks who ordered a NFB-11 and waited for the issues to be sorted out.  But I changed my order and had Edwin/Kinwa send me a FUN Version A with the Wolfson WM8471 dac instead.   I also just received one of their OPA-SUN modules and installed it.  All I can say is that I am very happy with the FUN and now even more with the SUN module installed.  That really woke this DAC up.  The FUN with the stock op-amp was a bit too relaxed and polite sounding.  Now it has better dynamics and a sense of presence like tubes will give you. For those still waiting for their NFB-11's to show up or are still having noise and other issues, I suggest you look at one of Audio-GD's other offferings with the WM8471 chips.  I am also very happy with the service I have recieved from the folks at Audio-GD.  Considering that they are in Hong Kong and I am in the US, I feel that they were responsive and timely in their delivery of products and information to me. 

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #640 of 987
Strange, looks like the source isn't the problem then but what is the logic behind the problem occuring almost random.....
I use a zero dac at the moment and i have noticed that wifi signals and wireles phones cause problems and the dac is sensitive for power supply noise and ground connection.
Could that be the source of your problems?

Tini

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #641 of 987

Quote:
Today I tested my NFB-11 again then noticed that the noise from USB input was siginificantly reduced. I don't know why, I didn't change any environment, but anyway, it's great. Optical input + 96kHz playback still makes the noise though.

Quote:
Sparky14 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've played back some 96k hi-rez files with no noise problems (XP-Foobar-USB-NFB11)...I wonder if the OS is an issue?

I tested both Windows XP and Windows 7 with this PC, and the result was the same.

Quote:

Tini

Yes I tested them but DS/ASIO/WASAPI and buffersize didn't affect the noise.

Test it with another PC? 

Jan 19, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #642 of 987
isao said the noise also comes through on optical input.

Very strange indeed. I've used all the inputs on my NFB-11, and they are all noise-free.

Jan 21, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #644 of 987
Guys my NFB-11 arrived a bit before Christmas but due to holidays I am only now getting a good listen to it. My other external dac is the well regarded CEntrance DACport.

I have to say, paired with my venerable Meridian CD player (a 20 bit version) the NFB-11 is outstanding. 

I cannot detect any real difference between sound quality from Optical (using supplied cable) or Coax (using Chord Codac Silver Plus). 

Vincent

Jan 21, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #645 of 987

Quote:
Guys my NFB-11 arrived a bit before Christmas but due to holidays I am only now getting a good listen to it. My other external dac is the well regarded CEntrance DACport.

I have to say, paired with my venerable Meridian CD player (a 20 bit version) the NFB-11 is outstanding. 

I cannot detect any real difference between sound quality from Optical (using supplied cable) or Coax (using Chord Codac Silver Plus). 

Vincent

So... Yours works...! Did you try the USB input also?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back