Audio-GD NFB-11
Jan 10, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #616 of 987

Quote:
I just ordered a REF5 less than an hour ago and already got a reply from Edwin !!!!

When I'll get it, I'll sell my DacMagic.....and if I like the product, I might sell my modified MOTU....

I'll let the community know...

Denys

Be awe by it soon. Prepare to list everything up for sale! [j/k]
Guess they have stocks and you should received it shortly.

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #617 of 987
I have both Ref5 and DM. DM is musical while Ref5 is not. It has its own strengths like tighter bass and more detail. But overall DM gives more musucial pleasure.

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #618 of 987
I just heard from Audio-Gd that my NFB11-es is delayed again, this time they tell me it will ship not Jan 7 but "before Jan 28."

I guess they are real busy over there.  Maybe Kingwa is experiencing the difficulty that a growing company feels when many more orders come in than you are used to do.  It's good to make the sales, but now comes the work of shipping the product and maybe extra work from trying to expand the staff and so on.

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #619 of 987

Quote:
I just heard from Audio-Gd that my NFB11-es is delayed again, this time they tell me it will ship not Jan 7 but "before Jan 28."

I guess they are real busy over there.  Maybe Kingwa is experiencing the difficulty that a growing company feels when many more orders come in than you are used to do.  It's good to make the sales, but now comes the work of shipping the product and maybe extra work from trying to expand the staff and so on.

In his new year sum up/looking forward post in audio-gd forum, production/delivery and other related stuff was specifically mentioned. In another post, he also mentioned that in China, many company experiences problems in year 3-6 and that he is trying to avoid the same faith.

His plan for the new year hire more people. Implement a more assembly line production. He is also sending someone to MBA and he himself will be focusing more on the business end. 

Earlier I mentioned QA.  That is one thing they do very well.  I remember he stated a stat for over sea orders and it was very low. Don't remember the specifics.

Jan 11, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #620 of 987

Quote:

Earlier I mentioned QA.  That is one thing they do very well.  I remember he stated a stat for over sea orders and it was very low. Don't remember the specifics.

I do hope their QA part is really up to expectations this year. Not that the goods goes defective, they were really fantastic generally but neligence goes unnoticed on the lesser stuffs. eg. broken stock cords, dents etc.
Not me though =)  It just reflect badly when someone do really need to use or mind those things. 

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #621 of 987

Quote:

When did you place your order?

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #622 of 987

Quote:
I guess they are real busy over there. 

Audio-GD just updated their shipping page to 1/6.  http://www.audio-gd.com/ConsignmentGlobal.htm  and wow, I counted 187 devices since their last update on 12/20so that's like 10-12 work days... something like 16 devices a day.   They've certainly been busy.

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #623 of 987
Let's hope quality doesn't suffer.

Quote:
Quote:
I guess they are real busy over there. 

Audio-GD just updated their shipping page to 1/6.  http://www.audio-gd.com/ConsignmentGlobal.htm  and wow, I counted 187 devices since their last update on 12/20so that's like 10-12 work days... something like 16 devices a day.   They've certainly been busy.

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #624 of 987
I am sure they are more worried about QA than us (well, myself at least :) ) since they have to pay shipping both way and that's not cheap with all the oversea orders.  I am not too worry about it.

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #625 of 987
I received fixed version of my NFB-11 a few days ago. Unfortunately, it still has the noise issue. I believe Audio-gd did their best, however, this may be one of the reasons why they discontinued ES9018 products.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #628 of 987

Quote:
I received fixed version of my NFB-11 a few days ago. Unfortunately, it still has the noise issue. I believe Audio-gd did their best, however, this may be one of the reasons why they discontinued ES9018 products.

How do you hear the noise? I've not heard any noise through any of my NFB-11 inputs.

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #629 of 987
I heard background noise from mine Asus Essences ST.
Then I have earthed the computer and all noise have disappeared. Even on the maximum loudness absolutely there are no noise after grounding :) Even sometimes began to hear hardly appreciable splashes in pressure - has understood that my power unit bad.
It is assured that it not NFB-11 rustles.

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #630 of 987
Hi guys,

What was the original problem with the USB input on the NFB-11, noise problems?
Noise on an USB input can have different causes, even a bad cable can give you a lot of trouble.
It was my understanding that there was a different problem.
Anyone here with a better memory then me who can tell us about the original problem?

Tini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back