Audio-GD NFB-11
Oct 22, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #106 of 987

Quote:
pzm9pzm9, you may not save a lot on shipping by buying multiple big items at once, but you can ask to see how much you would save. If I were you, I would decide if you either want dac19dsp+DI, or the NFB-11 (or NFB-11+DI), and only buy one to see how you like audio-gd's house sound. I feel bad to say this since audio-gd must not be making much money on these, but I would suggest getting NFB-11 over the dac19 hehe, you can take the much smaller NFB-11 with you between home and office.

Will the DI really help here? I though the Sabre chip is less source dependent as the old chip. I am thinking of getting a NFB-11 too and connect to my laptop through usb. I am wondering if the coax input will be noticeably better here. If it is, I will probably get the DI as well (B version). Also, will the DPS actually improve the performance of the DI?

Thanks

Oct 22, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #107 of 987

Quote:
Just ordered one as well. If it fares close to the HDP i have, i'ld be really amazed considering its price!

Do let us know! I was considering the HDP also

EDIT: Nevermind. I just sent them an email for a preorder request for an NFB-11. I figured that if I want to chip roll, I can still buy their opamps and put them in the M-Stage I'm getting soon. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #108 of 987

Quote:
Will the DI really help here? I though the Sabre chip is less source dependent as the old chip. I am thinking of getting a NFB-11 too and connect to my laptop through usb. I am wondering if the coax input will be noticeably better here. If it is, I will probably get the DI as well (B version). Also, will the DPS actually improve the performance of the DI?

Thanks

I think no customers have tested ES9018 with and without DI, only audio-gd has. You could try to ask them. DPS? You mean the external power supply? I think most people say the external PSU does not make a significant improvement. If you are trying to spend less money and only use the DI with usb, don't get it. If you use the DI with coaxial, you may need it, or else get a 5-10V wallwart for your DI.

Oct 22, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #109 of 987
Anyone know what the final price will be (now that the limited promo run/offer has sold out) ?

Peete.

Oct 23, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #110 of 987

Quote:
I think no customers have tested ES9018 with and without DI, only audio-gd has. You could try to ask them. DPS? You mean the external power supply? I think most people say the external PSU does not make a significant improvement. If you are trying to spend less money and only use the DI with usb, don't get it. If you use the DI with coaxial, you may need it, or else get a 5-10V wallwart for your DI.

The only thorough PCM1704UK DAC vs ES9018 comparison I´ve read (the one on Ravenda´s blog) confirmed the theory... It was one of the W4S DAC´s major points, that a good transport wasn´t needed to get most out of it. On paper the patented hypersampling jitter elimination circuit on the Sabre32 chip is far beyond anything else on the market right now IMO. This is one of the biggest reasons I decided to buy the NFB-11, so I can just plug it in with an USB cable and get good sound.

Oct 23, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #115 of 987
I just saw on the Audio-GD website the new NFB-10:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB10XLR/NFB10EN.htm
Seems like the high-end version of the NFB-11 to me? Interesting to note is that the front plate of this unit says "Roc", so maybe this is a Roc unit with built-in Sabre DAC?
I can't find the price for this unit, but I'm guessing it's going to be more expensive than the $680 Roc unit... But maybe there's a pleasant surprise in terms of price
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #117 of 987
This is exactly what I've been looking for!
I need a DAC/Preamp. And have been thinking about the FUN. But also would love to get a DAC with the Sabre converter. Any separate DAC/Preamp combo would be way beyond $1k. It looks like this NFB-10 perfectly fits the bill! With the bonus of a relay based volume control, I like that
atsmile.gif

Now, I'm eager to get to know the price!

Oct 23, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #118 of 987
We need a smiley for lifted eyebrows.  Looks like a nice all-in-one solution for something like the LCD-2s.

Oct 23, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #119 of 987

Quote:
I just saw on the Audio-GD website the new NFB-10:
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB10XLR/NFB10EN.htm
Seems like the high-end version of the NFB-11 to me? Interesting to note is that the front plate of this unit says "Roc", so maybe this is a Roc unit with built-in Sabre DAC?
I can't find the price for this unit, but I'm guessing it's going to be more expensive than the $680 Roc unit... But maybe there's a pleasant surprise in terms of price
smily_headphones1.gif

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

I just preordered my NFB-11. It's quite stupid how they don't list the price.

Oct 23, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #120 of 987
And now there is the NFB-10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back