Audio-GD NFB-11
Oct 21, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #91 of 987
[size=x-small]The output buffers are Non-feedback. For low impedance, we applied a diamond output stage which is quite less colored than most conventional circuits.[/size]

The low gain says it uses diamond differential. If that's correct, I guess that means you can use the NFB-11 to compare ACSS vs diamond differential. The discontinued ref 3 (and their cd players) had transistor vs acss, and I thought it was an interesting comparison, with transistor being more exciting but less trufhful. If you think the high gain is too revealing, I suggest trying out the low gain stage.

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #92 of 987
And it´s the perfect laptop/PC companion. My guess is it will sound fantastic without a HiFace or DI, because the Sabre32 chips built-in hypersampling technology should make it far less source dependant. I´ll be using it for gaming
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #93 of 987
I wonder how it compares to the FUN. I really almost did pick up the NFB-11 a couple of days ago, but it was before I sold my tube amp and I lacked proper funds. 
frown.gif

I always use FLAC for listening, so I don't think the revealing/merciless sound sig would be a problem. I just like the ability to swap opamps in the FUN... Hard choice.

Oct 21, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #94 of 987

Quote:
And it´s the perfect laptop/PC companion. My guess is it will sound fantastic without a HiFace or DI, because the Sabre32 chips built-in hypersampling technology should make it far less source dependant. I´ll be using it for gaming
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi vrln, since you will be using it for gaming, have you checked with Kingwa that if the NFB-11 input would accept DSD and Dolby signal through its USB/I2S input?

$260 is very tempting price for me as a office setup. But then I prefer a more "musical" sound for listening after a full day work before leaving office. For home setup I would prefer a highly revealing sound signature.

Oct 21, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #95 of 987

Quote:
I wonder how it compares to the FUN. 

I'm quite interested in this comparison to! 
I want to use the interface with both USB and SPDIF as input. And the output will most of the time drive my power amplifier.

The alternatives are all at least twice the price (for example C2+NFB-3) and I'm not convinced about the benefits yet.

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #96 of 987

Quote:
Interesting information from Edwin at Audio-gd: the promo price is cost price, they aren´t making any profits out of it... So although I was supposed to stay clear of additional audio purchases, I broke down and had to order one. It´s coming in the next batch, I´ll be posting comments on it then
smily_headphones1.gif
Deal is too good to pass...

I did almost the same thing. I've been looking for a DAC, with a slightly higher budget to spend but this was too good a deal to pass. I suspect that when it goes to full price it would be on par with my DAC budget anyhow. I've fired them an email after the paypal payment, waiting for confirmation that I'm in the next wave.

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #97 of 987

Quote:
You email them to place an order, and pay via paypal.  Its not done directly on the website.

Do you send them an e-mail and request for an invoice to the NFB-11 with shipping?

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #98 of 987

Yes, you send them an email regarding the purchase of an NFB-11, they send you back an email regarding the price of the product, shipping costs, and an email address to forward the paypal payment. It's not exactly an official invoice.
Quote:
Do you send them an e-mail and request for an invoice to the NFB-11 with shipping?

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #99 of 987
AWWWwww!!!!! Just ordered DAC19dsp + DI yesterday.... and now I want THIS for the office setup!
Can someone just tell me to buy this now? So I can buy it
L3000.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #101 of 987

Quote:
Buy it.  (Why not?)  In fact, buy me one too, will 'ya?

Thank for the encouragement
smily_headphones1.gif

I really needed someone to acutally tell me to just buy it. He~
I will buy you one on the day I become the King of South Korea
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #102 of 987

Quote:
I really needed someone to acutally tell me to just buy it. He~

Maybe I can help... It´s sold at a no profit rate as an advertisement for their new product line. It´s got one of the best chips in the industry, which is completely unheard of in budget gear. The closest competing product is the Eastern Electric DAC that costs 750 dollars and doesn´t have a headphone amplifier. This is by far the best value in headphone audio right now, I personally don´t think there´s anything even remotely close. This will be, in my prediction, the biggest "flavor of the month" this year. And needless to say, Kingwa´s track record doesn´t imply it´ll be just a FOTM...

Even if you don´t like it, it´ll be easy to sell due to the promo price. Oh and no, I don´t have anything to do with Audio-gd, just a happy customer.

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #103 of 987
Audio-gd could make a udac2 competitor with this sabre chip?

Very small and portable, not for difficult headphones
no external power, usb powered (dont know if there is enough watt??)
Usb only
Only volume (no need for text on the front plate - perhaps it would help the design
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
)
140 usd
3 power suply, 2 standard quality for digital and output, 1 class A for analog on the ess9018 (i miss that on the nfb-11)
opa output
smily_headphones1.gif
, slow types like opa 2134, using "slow" - no need for very high speed if there is no reason for it - i guess the 2134 could give good sound on most music using this very detailed sound from the es9018

Oct 22, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #104 of 987
pzm9pzm9, you may not save a lot on shipping by buying multiple big items at once, but you can ask to see how much you would save. If I were you, I would decide if you either want dac19dsp+DI, or the NFB-11 (or NFB-11+DI), and only buy one to see how you like audio-gd's house sound. I feel bad to say this since audio-gd must not be making much money on these, but I would suggest getting NFB-11 over the dac19 hehe, you can take the much smaller NFB-11 with you between home and office.

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #105 of 987
I just asked them for a quote to my address.  This looks promising!  I would love to hear a review/impressions from someone that has gotten their unit though.  Does anyone actually have one in hand yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back