Audio-GD NFB-11
Oct 29, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #197 of 987
Okey. Why is that? - is there an expectation that people think its got real 32 resolution or what - or not say fx. 20bit? Or other reasons. It might be good with a datasheet if we want to play with it, but perhaps we are not alowed to do that:), it will be public anyway some day

Oct 29, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #198 of 987

Quote:
Okey. Why is that? - is there an expectation that people think its got real 32 resolution or what - or not say fx. 20bit? Or other reasons. It might be good with a datasheet if we want to play with it, but perhaps we are not alowed to do that:), it will be public anyway some day

You have to ask ESS. Unlike companies like Wolfson or Analog Devices, you just cannot access their datasheets via normal means. 
tongue.gif

Oct 29, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #199 of 987
i dont think theyll ever release a real datasheet. the whole reason they made this dac was so it couldnt be easily duplicated.

Quote:

Oct 29, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #200 of 987
If we look at the smd decoupling of the nfb11, (probably x7r type), its must be very much faster than the wima of the nfb10. Ofcourse at the expense of liniarity. I dont know how audio-gd can decouple with film types, but aparently its fast enough ?? - in my experience that kind of decisions affect sound very much. Its always a good idea to never design for more speed than nessesary, but damn, if there is something that calls for speed at all, it can be found in the reciewer and d/a part.

If i remember the datasheet for the reciewer crystal 8412 or was is 8416 model, on of the later revisions probably ver 3 or 4, they were even recommending using cg0 smd (faster than x7r) for decoupling at the filter or analogue suply. I cant understand how they in a socalled 32bit connverter can use film types. Whatever, ofcourse its the sound that decides, but it would be nice to have some technical background for us half - technical nerds
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #203 of 987
All of Audio-GD DAC/amplifier combo products (FUN/Sparrow/NFB-10/NFB-11) have diamond differential output stage. So their drive capabilities should be the same, you may want to refer to threads for any of these products. I am quite satisfied with Denon D5000 driven by FUN (already sold and may be replaced with NFB-10 or NFB-11).

Main differences among these products are choices of DAC converter and power supply, hence how sensitive power supply affect DAC converter and its support analog circuits determines their sound quality. Power supply contributes big portion of DAC product cost, you get the picture by comparing between NFB-1 and NFB-7.

Oct 31, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #204 of 987
How does audio-gd dacs compare to regular soundcards and other equipment? The soundquality from regular soundcards like the creative audigy line is really bad compared to high end sound cards like Lynx L22 and dedicated hi-fi gear that I've owned before.

Will even the cheap audio-gd dacs be a lot better than these products just mentioned? I'm looking for a new source since I don't have any at the moment.

Oct 31, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #206 of 987
A review here........

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://audio.an-pan-man.com/archives/2010/08/17_1053.php&ei=TqXNTPDuMYzGswbLnoyXCA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQ7gEwAzgK&prev=/search%3Fq%3Daudio-gd%2Bnfb%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26prmd%3Div

"Did you even more analytical imagination. Accurate, neutral, dry sound. 
The resolution is higher than ZeroDAC break. Nice to hear the sound is divided into detail. (Catastrophe! I have not even enough to make) 
ZeroDAC sound a little brighter than the break. 
The slightly narrower than the sound ZeroDAC Break (So small and not noticeable though).

Built-in headphone amplifiers

Sound much better than the smaller C-2C. 
The sinking of low bit weaker than the C-2C. 
Other sound features similar to C-2C. Neutral feeling.

Summary

Hey hey nice DAC + of HPA, impression. Are you sure it's just the price of the assignment.

DAC is a good feeling just is high-resolution, feels a little bit wide, but if I say Mottaina sound. But I think the break from ZeroDAC grade as above.

For internal amplifier is actually Kingwa to "Audio-gd is a C-2C to think that a higher level" but was hoping to hear that because it was pretty, isn't a little honesty. The narrowness of the sound field stands out. C-2C feel like a cheaper version."

Oct 31, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #208 of 987
Thanks isao2k8

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #209 of 987
isao2k8: I'll be interested to have your impressions once the unit has had at least 350 hours of use. The sound should mellow a little after that time.

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #210 of 987
A few people in Japan have reported that the USB input doesn't work properly.
Does yours work fine, isao?
I'm thinking of getting one but I want to use it with my laptop,
so it would be quite useless to me if the USB input doesn't work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back