Audio-GD NFB-11 or Audio-GD NFB-15 with Sennheiser HD700?
Jul 11, 2014 at 5:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nitrius

Head-Fier
So am looking at these two dac/amp for my Sennheiser HD700, and am wondering if anyone have any experience with them? NFB-11 looks to be the more expensive one, and i guess that is because of the Sabre dac? Beside that they look very much similar.

Another thing i wonder about is how hot these dac/amp get over time? As am looking for something to replace my soundcard in my computer so it's gonna get used a lot.

One thing i am a bit afraid of is hum/hiss noises, i've tried some dac/amps in the past and everyone of them have had a hiss/hum noise, you don't really hear it much when playing music, but it get's annoying since it's there all the time. And this is a problem i've never had with my soundcard, and is the reason i haven't switched, but am looking at trying again now.

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 4
So am looking at these two dac/amp for my Sennheiser HD700, and am wondering if anyone have any experience with them? NFB-11 looks to be the more expensive one, and i guess that is because of the Sabre dac? Beside that they look very much similar.

Another thing i wonder about is how hot these dac/amp get over time? As am looking for something to replace my sound card in my computer so it's gonna get used a lot.

One thing i am a bit afraid of is hum/hiss noises, I've tried some dac/amps in the past and everyone of them have had a hiss/hum noise, you don't really hear it much when playing music, but it get's annoying since it's there all the time. And this is a problem I've never had with my sound card, and is the reason i haven't switched, but am looking at trying again now.

I own the NFB-15.32, but now I wish I had spent extra for the NFB-11.
I think I would have been happier with the NFB-11's better detail.

My NFB-15.32 has a very quite background, as the computer is outputting a digital audio signal to the NFB, which is outside of the computer case.
So the NFB (15.32,15,11) is not effected by the electrical noise inside the computer case.

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #3 of 4
Does the unit get hot over time? If yes, i guess it's designed for it, and i won't do any harm to let it be powered on for longer period of time? Also, my soundcard is the Creative ZXR, would the NFB-11 or 15 be an upgrade?

Don't really have any big problems with the soundcard, am just wondering if there is more to get out of my HD700.

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #4 of 4
Does the unit get hot over time? If yes, i guess it's designed for it, and i won't do any harm to let it be powered on for longer period of time? Also, my sound card is the Creative ZXR, would the NFB-11 or 15 be an upgrade?

Don't really have any big problems with the sound card, am just wondering if there is more to get out of my HD700.

The NFB-11/15 does get warm, but so far that has not caused any problems. 

I was using an Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card (AD797BR op-amps), before I ordered the NFB-15.32.
For me the NFB-15.32 offered several minor improvement, like a volume knob at my finger tips, really low output impedance for my low Ohm headphones.
I longer hear any interference in the audio background.
So far I have no regrets buying the NFB-15.32 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back