Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
May 5, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #1,351 of 2,569
Noises are hard to observe unless you have a very revealing systems and know your music well, also know yourself and with confidence. The majority of time and folk won’t be able to notice it, and that is fine. Sometimes to be able to hear and observe things are more like a curse than a blessing (expensive one).
I'm pretty sure he mention hearing noises in the same part of the track in exact same time stamp on more then one player ,sounds like crappy recording to me
I have few high quality DSD samples and have 0 noises DSD64 or DSD256
Edit;yes R2R11 can be very revealing

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #1,353 of 2,569
Did you open the hood and change the jumper to enable variable/fixed mode? The R2R-11 is configured so that both variable and fixed output is actually variable only. You have to enable ‘fixed’ mode by physically changing a jumper setting on the PC board. Go to the AGD website and read the user guide for instructions on how to do this.

Once that’s done you can flick the switch to ‘fixed’ and it will actually be fixed, not variable. Apparently they do this to prevent users from ‘accidentally’ leaving it on fixed mode with high powered speakers.

That was the first thing i did. Now I have HP/Variable/Fixed. But I can still use the High and Low button on Fixed and it will be more or less "boost".

May 5, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #1,354 of 2,569
That was the first thing i did. Now I have HP/Variable/Fixed. But I can still use the High and Low button on Fixed and it will be more or less "boost".
I can confirm this. High/Low gain changes the gain on fixed output with the jumper set to allow fixed output.

Last edited:
May 5, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #1,356 of 2,569
So whats it for?
From the specs on the Audio-gd website:
Fixed output: 2.5V RMS (High gain)
Fixed output: 1V RMS (Low gain)​
...I guess it depends on how much gain you want to send to your amplifier (or if you have pro gear which expects the higher voltage). e.g. I'm outputting from the R2R to an MCTH and use low gain/1V RMS output so that I have more travel on the MCTH's volume pot.

May 5, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #1,357 of 2,569
From the specs on the Audio-gd website:
Fixed output: 2.5V RMS (High gain)
Fixed output: 1V RMS (Low gain)​
...I guess it depends on how much gain you want to send to your amplifier (or if you have pro gear which expects the higher voltage). e.g. I'm outputting from the R2R to an MCTH and use low gain/1V RMS output so that I have more travel on the MCTH's volume pot.

Super!

I Guess My vintage Sansuis likes 1V better.

May 7, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #1,358 of 2,569
Hello fellow R2R-11 owners and wannabe owners!
A few of us have been participating in an open-minded private thread for a few days regarding the supposed native DSD flaw of our bellowed DAC/AMP.
There is no final decision, but we got closer to a common standpoint.
If anyone is interested in the solution-searching or want to know the current state of the situation, please let me know about it via a PM and I send the invitation to this private thread.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #1,359 of 2,569
Where is Kingwa? He's a man? Is he uncomfortable to admit his shortcomings?
I'll bring this story to all European and Russian forums and stores, I have connections so that sales of its under-developed products will be reduced.

May 7, 2018 at 9:55 AM Post #1,360 of 2,569
Let's wait a little Nickol. I've sent the invitation to them, but as I see Audio-gd hasn't been logged in since January.
I invited Magna Hifi via e-mail as I didn't find a related account to them. I hope, they will join to the thread.

May 7, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #1,361 of 2,569
Hey there guys
Just wanted to know a little more about this popping issue on the R2R-11
Want to pair it with my awaited HD6XXs
Has anyone been able to get rid of the popping problem?
Well if the problem is persistent I can just go with the NFB-11
As either will sound great coming from my present onboard audio

May 7, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #1,362 of 2,569
May 7, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #1,363 of 2,569
Hey there guys
Just wanted to know a little more about this popping issue on the R2R-11
Want to pair it with my awaited HD6XXs
Has anyone been able to get rid of the popping problem?
Well if the problem is persistent I can just go with the NFB-11
As either will sound great coming from my present onboard audio
You can update the firmware and it is supposed to have less popping, but if you are buying it new then it has the latest firmware.

May 7, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #1,365 of 2,569
You can update the firmware and it is supposed to have less popping, but if you are buying it new then it has the latest firmware.
Well thanks for that.... However any amount of popping will be an annoyance for me. Is there any way to get rid of it completely? Some say using optical does it. Don't really know
But how often do you experience this popping anyway? After every song? That will be unbearable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back