Audio-gd NFB-10
Oct 15, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #1,456 of 2,860
You may be out of luck if it's not. How long have you had them (per the burn in question)? I doubt it's either of those things though...

OT: I am so excited to get this thing on my desk (as I've said before). I'm much more okay with waiting knowing that it has now shipped. First Audio-gd product, and hopefully not my last. 

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #1,457 of 2,860
well i think they arrived 26th of september, i have been listening to them every day and i got 96 hours of music time on them through foobar, used them more for videos on youtube and stuff though. So you think even if they are under powered they wont rattle? 

(btw i listen to them when i get home till i go bed and i still only have 96 hours, i have no idea how people get so much time in just a few days, they must leave them playing non stop for like 10 days...)

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #1,458 of 2,860
Yeah...people burn them in...They just let them go for a week. I leave them on for at least a few days (~80 hours). 

And no I don't think amplification would cause them to not rattle. Not sure if that's even a possible cause. lol

Also, lets take it to PM if you wish to continue. Getting a little off track here.

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #1,459 of 2,860
When I had the FUN set up yesterday, I was reminded of how good it sounded. It lacked the resolution, instrument separation and bass weight of the SE, but it was apparent that lesser recordings were forgiven without too much compromise. The SE is great for lossless, "audiophile" recordings, but it can be too ruthless - particularly with contemporary brickwalled mixes.

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #1,461 of 2,860
@olor1n

I am so looking forward to it ripping apart some recordings and low bitrate stuff. I take pleasure in finding out something was poorly recorded...I feel bad about it sometimes, but it's fun for me for some reason. 

Also looking very forward to comparing my 320 MP3s of Tommy and Moving Pictures to my newly purchased 24/96 versions.

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #1,462 of 2,860

Quote:
@olor1n

I am so looking forward to it ripping apart some recordings and low bitrate stuff. I take pleasure in finding out something was poorly recorded...I feel bad about it sometimes, but it's fun for me for some reason. 

Also looking very forward to comparing my 320 MP3s of Tommy and Moving Pictures to my newly purchased 24/96 versions.

Yeah, I've neglected the Lyr the last few weeks as I've tracked burn in with the SE. Listening through the Lyr at the moment and it's evident that details aren't as well defined, and the overall presentation is a tad smeared. However, it's well suited for background listening as imperfections don't draw as much attention.

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #1,463 of 2,860
I often get electrical glitches with the DI + NFB-10, maybe once every week or so - clicking as you note.  Then when I unplug and attempt to reconnect the DI wont initialise or something.  Massive PITA as my PC is not under my desk making me crawl on hand and knee to fix the issue regularly.  Will see if JK hiface has similar problems or not (JK notes potential electrical shortcomings in the DI design - lack of ground plane or something)

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #1,464 of 2,860

Interesting. Lyr smearing/fuzziness is what I noticed compared to Concerto too, the more I AB'd them. This one comment says a lot about the capability of the 10SE.

Hope your clicking problem stays away!

Quote:
Yeah, I've neglected the Lyr the last few weeks as I've tracked burn in with the SE. Listening through the Lyr at the moment and it's evident that details aren't as well defined, and the overall presentation is a tad smeared. However, it's well suited for background listening as imperfections don't draw as much attention.

Oct 16, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #1,465 of 2,860
Hello,
I'm currently using a DT880/600 with an AudioGD Compass which I realise isn't ideal (although still sounds fantastic to me) and looking for a better dac/amp to replace the compass.

Has anybody used this NFB10SE with the DT880/600 (or any other beyer 600 phones) and can comment on how well it drives them?

Thanks!

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #1,468 of 2,860
I have read about some people requesting for -7db on the low gain or -7db on both low and high gain.
Any impressions?

I am thinking of ordering this unit with same settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back