Audio-gd NFB-10
May 7, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #916 of 2,860
Photo of my current home rig + some of my other devices, now using them to do some testing and comparision:

And this is photo of my home rig in it's main placement:

drez
Yes, I don't have any noise with M50, they sound as best as they possibly can, maybe even better.

May 8, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #918 of 2,860
probably not but who knows.  Glad ur unit works DragonOwen, but I have to go another month without mine now... at least...
triportsad.gif

May 8, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #919 of 2,860

best choice is ??

NFB-10+ A-GD Digital Interface+TCXO+PSU

OR NFB-10ES + A-GD Digital Interface+TCXO+PSU

i asked for NFB-10 modified for coax input change for bnc input + TCXO upgrade but during the high demand of there product they didn't accept costumize orders ??

May 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #922 of 2,860
Has anyone tried playing 176.4Khz/24bit files with the ES? I keep getting unsupported stream format in foobar.

May 9, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #924 of 2,860

Quote:

That's right. The USB of NFB-10ES can only support up to 96khz/24bit if you use ASIO or WASAPI.

Agreed. But I'm using coax and this restriction should not apply.

May 10, 2011 at 6:30 AM Post #925 of 2,860
Quote:
Please post impressions of balanced He-6 from ur new unit I still have to sort out some balanced cables for my LCD-2.  

Yesterday I went to a friend, which have 2 speaker AMP's, so we test how they drives HE-6 compared to balanced HP out of NFB-10ES.... We both agreed that all three is good for driving HE-6, but balanced on NFB-10ES is slightly better (in my opinion it's more than slightly...), it's more noticeably on "heavy" music, for example Happy Birthday by The Birthday Massacre: there a lot less of "blur" and every instrument is sound clear, also the bass is more "solid" and have better attack. As I already sayd, they all have enough power to drive HE-6, so the difference probably in balance... but I can't say that for sure.
P.S. As for SE out of NFB-10ES... seems it simply doesn't have enough power to drive HE-6, on SE they sound worse than on balanced or speker amp (on SE), and I mean a lot worse than them...

May 10, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #926 of 2,860
Cheers DragonOwen I was hoping this was the case - for me the SE output lacked bass impact and speed on my LCD-2 also.  I might try HE-500 when they come out also (or HE-6) but I'm afraid if either will be too bright.  I have also heard that he-6 can sound bright when under-amped did you experience this?

May 10, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #927 of 2,860
Quote:
Cheers DragonOwen I was hoping this was the case - for me the SE output lacked bass impact and speed on my LCD-2 also.  I might try HE-500 when they come out also (or HE-6) but I'm afraid if either will be too bright.  I have also heard that he-6 can sound bright when under-amped did you experience this?

I didn't feel that they are brighter when it's lack of power for them, they just sound worse: lack of bass, distorsions, blurness and lot of other things, but brightness is the same... In my opinion brightness of HE-6 is depending on brightness of DAC, and Sabre is bright (at least in NFB-10ES), so I have quite a lot of sibilants on many records, but I like bright sound (listened to Sennheiser 650 and it's not my sound for sure) so sibilants doesn't bother me compared to overall sound of NFB-10ES + HE-6.... Still I'm waiting for arriving my Silver Dragon V3 cable from moon-audio, because one guy at russian forum (he is very respected there) recommend it, and one of the things that he says become better is that brightness has left the sound almost completely (after "warming" of course). Also waiting Black Dragon power cable from them... so maybe with this 2 cables sound will change 
wink.gif

May 10, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #928 of 2,860

Quote:

HE-6 is not bright with the NFB-10ES, imo.

May 10, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #930 of 2,860

Quote:
Agreed, NFB-10ES isn't bright with the HE-6

In my case it depends on record, on some it seems bright and have lot sibilants, on other there are no sibilants at all and sound seems neutral... So guess it's just NFB-10ES is very trustful to every detail in record and if record is bright then it will be uncovered ruthlessly... This explanation is only my guessing though, because I hear the sibilants on some record very clearly and my friend has the same opinion, but why it's like that we could only guessing  
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back