Audio-gd NFB-1 (2015)
Oct 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 84

lukeap69

Headphoneus Supremus
Looks like Kingwa has a new trick up on his sleeve :) He said the 2015 version of NFB-1 is the best NFB-1 model they ever had!

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/NFB12015/NFB12015EN.htm

Who can translate the new features of this DAC in layman's terms?)

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 84
  Looks like Kingwa has a new trick up on his sleeve :) He said the 2015 version of NFB-1 is the best NFB-1 model they ever had!

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/NFB12015/NFB12015EN.htm

Who can translate the new features of this DAC in layman's terms?)

Thanks for pointing out this new model I almost missed it. It seems Kingwa has gone all out with the most elaborate power supply I've ever seen in a dac. He has also placed the digital section on a daughter board of massive construction and a separate usb input pcb. Frankly, this new product should win an award for complexity alone. And then there is the price. At $650 I could not even buy the parts let alone build this entire unit and make a profit. The only thing about this I question is his insistence on using the Via usb input. I don't know how that stacks up against the competition but as far as I know, he is the only one using it in a high end dac. 

I can't wait to see a review and some listener comments of this product. It looks like a tremendous amount of thought went into this design. The parts count in that thing is staggering.

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #3 of 84
Yeah. This should be a winner. I sent an email to Kingwa and perhaps be one of the first buyers :) depending on his recommendation of course.

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #4 of 84
  Yeah. This should be a winner. I sent an email to Kingwa and perhaps be one of the first buyers :) depending on his recommendation of course.

It may well be a winner but parts count alone won't determine that. It has always been Kingwa's approach to use the most parts possible. Most of his products have turned out to be very good some even best buys in their price point. You have to wonder though since there are dac's like the Anedio D2 or the Yulong DA8 that take the complete opposite approach with few parts and get great results. The point I'm making is that The Kingwa approach of massively complex design is very different than some of the other top names that are held in high regard. This NFB-1 may yet be a killer dac but I'm going to wait for some listening reports before I jump on the wagon.

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #5 of 84
Agreed. It's good that Kingwa is doing a different approach. Hope this will end up to be a really good DAC.

Oct 5, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 84
  Thanks for pointing out this new model I almost missed it. It seems Kingwa has gone all out with the most elaborate power supply I've ever seen in a dac. He has also placed the digital section on a daughter board of massive construction and a separate usb input pcb. Frankly, this new product should win an award for complexity alone. And then there is the price. At $650 I could not even buy the parts let alone build this entire unit and make a profit. The only thing about this I question is his insistence on using the Via usb input. I don't know how that stacks up against the competition but as far as I know, he is the only one using it in a high end dac. 

I can't wait to see a review and some listener comments of this product. It looks like a tremendous amount of thought went into this design. The parts count in that thing is staggering.

the usb32 module powered by VIA is much better than almost any converter in $300 bracket and even more :wink:) only best by their own converter, the DI2014 :)

Oct 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 84
  the usb32 module powered by VIA is much better than almost any converter in $300 bracket and even more :wink:) only best by their own converter, the DI2014 :)

So the DI2014 isn't using the via chip? It's using something else (xmos perhaps). Sorry I haven't bothered to look it up.

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #10 of 84
Just ordered one. Hope it arrives soon. :)

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #12 of 84
I used to have the DAC 19 DSP but looking to move to the sabre DACs given thief detail retrieval ability, may be this one will suit me. Eagerly awaiting reviews.

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #13 of 84
Bummer! Audio-gd informed me that Chinese custom is having a serious check of all goods so my NFB-1 will be delayed by 5 to 10 days... :broken_heart::thumbsdown:

Oct 11, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #14 of 84
I can't understand why Kingwa  not use so popular XMOS for usb reciver?

Perhaps there is a reason, but this chip have in most modern DAC (wadia 121, yulong DA8, Anedio D2, ...and many more hi end) 

Oct 11, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #15 of 84
  I can't understand why Kingwa  not use so popular XMOS for usb reciver?

Perhaps there is a reason, but this chip have in most modern DAC (wadia 121, yulong DA8, Anedio D2, ...and many more hi end) 

I've been wondering that myself. He seems to be the only one using the via chip in a high end dac. There must be a reason but I haven't seen any comment to support his decision. I doubt its a cost issue the xmos oem pricing is low enough. I would love to hear the explanation from him. There is also a very well regarded usb interface available from Italy but that one clearly costs more. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back