Audio-GD Master 9
Dec 1, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #2,311 of 2,624
I asked Kingwa for a price quote on the HE-9 LE. Just as he said the other day, there is now a 7.5% discount on everything they offer. I was quoted 1618 US plus shipping. If the Master 19 sells, I will end up grabbing the HE-9 LE.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 1, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #2,312 of 2,624
I asked Kingwa for a price quote on the HE-9 LE. Just as he said the other day, there is now a 7.5% discount on everything they offer. I was quoted 1618 US plus shipping. If the Master 19 sells, I will end up grabbing the HE-9 LE.
HE9LE is highend if you need power for Susvara.

If not Master 19 would probalby give the sane performance.

Invest in good power conditioning for all devices

Dec 2, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #2,318 of 2,624
Also the m19 is pretty close to the m9 if you have really good power source.
Exactly what I am trying to say.

R1N sounds amazing with a little powerconditioning and dc filtering. I prefere it over the R8HEmk2 for some headphones.

….

It is a better upgrade to buy a audio-gd dac and enjoy the ACSS inputs on the Master 19

Look, I am not an idiot. I also use the preamp in my Master 19. The HE-9 LE has a significantly better preamp section than the Master 19.

Well I personally think you are missing out and would say you get better performance from M19 with ACSS vs HE-9LE/XLR/RCA

It is your choice ofcourse but consider both scenarios.

Alternative choice:
R27RE could be your perfect choice also as it has both better amp and a very good dac. It is already ACSS connected internally

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #2,319 of 2,624
I have both. I use a powerplant. Tbh their really close with the ps powerplant but if you were to plug them in a wall separately, the Master 9 just has a better overall sound. If I can remember correctly the output stages are different for both models. They use the same amp boards however. The m9 has an extra transformer for the volume control circuit.

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #2,320 of 2,624
But what about TOTL SS headamps like Niimbus, Zähl, Wells Audio, CFA3, Luxman, Enleum, Lina,...

Asking in this thread I can kinda guess the opinions...

But has one actually given up on a TOTL amp in favor of the "only" 3k-ish "best" AGD amp?

Dec 2, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #2,321 of 2,624
But what about TOTL SS headamps like Niimbus, Zähl, Wells Audio, CFA3, Luxman, Enleum, Lina,...

Asking in this thread I can kinda guess the opinions...

But has one actually given up on a TOTL amp in favor of the "only" 3k-ish "best" AGD amp?
This probably doesn't answer your question but there's a written review where the guy was comparing the audio gd r8 dac to a 13k euro dac.
A good read nonetheless.
https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/digital-reviews/spdif-dac-reviews/audio-gd-part1/3/

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #2,322 of 2,624
yes the sentiment about AGD dacs confirmed...

I mean how many devices do they sell, how big are they in China? compared to abroad and I wonder what the China hifi marked is like.

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #2,323 of 2,624
yes the sentiment about AGD dacs confirmed...

I mean how many devices do they sell, how big are they in China? compared to abroad and I wonder what the China hifi marked is like.
I did try Rockna WL and MSB Headamp and Viva Egoista 845.

I am guessing you are looking for a headamp setup or also speakers?

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #2,324 of 2,624
Have you heard both and if you did what would you say was the biggest differences?
A good example is with the HE6. Both amps have the output power requirements for this headphone. The M19 drove the HE6 well but the M9 takes control of the drivers in this headphone better and allows it to achieve its best. You get a more refined sound.

There is always better in the audio hobby. Especially with the Audio-gd you spend more you get much more. You are not paying for any bulls**t bling or marketing claims. Only better parts, bigger power supply, less compromise and more music.

You will not find Kingwa charging more and not delivering the goods. It's his personality and character. As long as he is in charge of this company there will be no compromises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back