Audio-GD Master 9
Dec 3, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #1,576 of 2,563
It was a PITA with mine as they were soldered in. If you have an older version with socketed opamps, then it's easy.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #1,577 of 2,563
Dec 10, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #1,578 of 2,563
Is it still the case that all Audio-GD products with remote controls only do a single volume step per button press on the remote, or have they changed it so that you can press and hold the volume buttons on the remote and it continues to step the volume on the device?

I've been considering getting one, but having to press the volume buttons a ton of times to adjust the volume more than a few clicks, sounds terribly annoying...

Jan 3, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #1,580 of 2,563
Said the heck with it and got the Master 9 instead. I thought the Abyss had good bass now I know they do man does this amp drive them the best I’ve heard so far. Not as warm as the Liquid Carbon but still not bright at all.

Jan 7, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #1,581 of 2,563
I'm considering between HE-9 and Master-9 + Power Conditioner. After reading this forum, it seems that the latter would be better choice because I could also use power conditioner with DAC , AV Receiver, and etc. However, the question is which power conditioner is suitable. My budget is around 1000 USD. Currently, Audioquest Niagara 1000/1200 is a choice. If possible, please recommend power conditioner you think it's good for my budget . Thank you for your help.

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #1,582 of 2,563
I'm considering between HE-9 and Master-9 + Power Conditioner. After reading this forum, it seems that the latter would be better choice because I could also use power conditioner with DAC , AV Receiver, and etc. However, the question is which power conditioner is suitable. My budget is around 1000 USD. Currently, Audioquest Niagara 1000/1200 is a choice. If possible, please recommend power conditioner you think it's good for my budget . Thank you for your help.

A good Power Conditioner/Power regenerator can be great and make your audio system sound clearly better. This is especially noteworthy the more your mains power is polluted. The problem is that not all the noise on the mains are the same and therefore we don’t have only one type of Power Conditioner or Power regenerators that is best to fix all mains problems. In my experience, many of the cheaper Power Conditioners, have as much negative impact on SQ as they have positive and the negative effects are often more notable on amps.

I have read most that have been written about Master 9 and HE9, and all seems to find HE9 to have a bit better SQ than Master 9. I would test Audioquest Niagara etc at home first. If it sounds good with your gear and mains power it’s a good buy because our digital gear is even more sensitive to mains noise than our analogue gear. If the Power Conditioner doesn’t sound better, than without, the HE9 is most likely a good solution that also can be used together with a better Power Conditioner later on so that the Power Conditioner clean all the digital gear upstream of the amp.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #1,583 of 2,563
My setup is in my bedroom ( 3 metres x 4 metres ). My concern is heat creating by either Master-9 or HE-9, especially HE-9 if I run it on overnight. Will it heat up my bedroom temperature? Thank you for your advice.

Mar 29, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,584 of 2,563
My setup is in my bedroom ( 3 metres x 4 metres ). My concern is heat creating by either Master-9 or HE-9, especially HE-9 if I run it on overnight. Will it heat up my bedroom temperature? Thank you for your advice.

The M9/HE9 will heat up your bedroom temperature a bit, yes. I turn my M9 off then not using it. No need to have it on during the night. It take like 1 hour until it has the right temperature during the summer and 2 hour in the winter for me in Sweden.

Mar 29, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #1,585 of 2,563
The M9/HE9 will heat up your bedroom temperature a bit, yes. I turn my M9 off then not using it. No need to have it on during the night. It take like 1 hour until it has the right temperature during the summer and 2 hour in the winter for me in Sweden.

Thank you for your comment. I forgot to mention that I normally run my R-28 overnight for burning-in my headphone with Pink noise from Spotify. I concern that if I upgrade the amp to Master 9 or HE-9, either one will heat up my room, especially HE-9 when I burn-in them overnight.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #1,587 of 2,563
With all due respect, I don't think Master-9 could be described as having authority, or "cojones", or slam, whatever you are calling it.
It is a bit mellow, with slower transients.
It was not the greatest pairing with LCD-4 and I presume with AB-1266 it will be the same...

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #1,588 of 2,563
Damn I don't know what you have as an amp, but I have the he9 (which isn't that far from the M9) and I would describe it as precise, open and having authority...
With all due respect, I don't think Master-9 could be described as having authority, or "cojones", or slam, whatever you are calling it.
It is a bit mellow, with slower transients.
It was not the greatest pairing with LCD-4 and I presume with AB-1266 it will be the same...

Apr 4, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #1,589 of 2,563
Does the Master 9 drive Abyss 1266 with authority ?

I find the Master 9 doesn’t have as much slam as my other amp the Violectric V281 (both being attached to the same DAC)

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #1,590 of 2,563
I find the Master 9 doesn’t have as much slam as my other amp the Violectric V281 (both being attached to the same DAC)
Between Violectric V281 and Master 9 which one is more transparent and have better details retrieval ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back