Audio-GD Master 9
Jul 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #1,096 of 2,635
I consider about M9 and M1 for my M3 and M7 to drive my speaker. The reason i want m9 is about HP output , i also use for my headphone. But i do not know what is the best for speaker and my M3 , my priority is my speaker , not my headphone. Thanks all

Jul 2, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #1,098 of 2,635
I used SA2000 master version. Now i find a preamp. My friend said that M9 and M1 have the same sound when two of it are pre amp so buy M9 is good for me because i want to use my headphone too. But when i saw M1 and M9 is different in preamp circuit. 

Jul 2, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #1,100 of 2,635
  I used SA2000 master version. Now i find a preamp. My friend said that M9 and M1 have the same sound when two of it are pre amp so buy M9 is good for me because i want to use my headphone too. But when i saw M1 and M9 is different in preamp circuit. 

I used to own a M1, which was replaced by M9. I did not notice any difference in sound.

Aug 2, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #1,103 of 2,635
Looks like Audio-gd will discontinue their HE series by end of July 2015.

Has anyone compared the sound quality of the Master 9 to the HE-9?
I read in earlier posts that you can get problems with the transformer buzzing?
I live in U.K so voltage can be 240v
Is it worth the extra money in terms of a huge improvement to sound quality?

I already have a power inspired AG500 mains re generator, so would there be any advantage using an HE-9 over a master 9. I read an AC regenerator can restrict the dynamics and speed due to not being able to supply the power quick enough when required.

Also how do these compare with my Auralic mk2. I currently use LCD3 (non Fazor) with balanced in and out.
Considering the positive comments for the Master 9 I am thinking of buying one.
Will I notice a sound quality improvement over my Auralic which sounds amazing to my ears.

I have no way of trialling a master 9 so would need to buy one in order to compare with my Auralic to hear which is best.
Or maybe they will both be equally good and transparent.
I am trying to get end game sound so I do not have to keep upgrading.

Aug 2, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #1,104 of 2,635
I have no way of trialling a master 9 so would need to buy one in order to compare with my Auralic to hear which is best.

Since you are within EU, you can buy an M9 or E9 from a European distributor and return it without questions asked within 15 days if it does not satisfy you. The penalty would be the return shipping cost, which will be at least much lower than returning it to China.

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #1,105 of 2,635
Has anyone compared the sound quality of the Master 9 to the HE-9?
I read in earlier posts that you can get problems with the transformer buzzing?
I live in U.K so voltage can be 240v
Is it worth the extra money in terms of a huge improvement to sound quality?

I already have a power inspired AG500 mains re generator, so would there be any advantage using an HE-9 over a master 9. I read an AC regenerator can restrict the dynamics and speed due to not being able to supply the power quick enough when required.

Also how do these compare with my Auralic mk2. I currently use LCD3 (non Fazor) with balanced in and out.
Considering the positive comments for the Master 9 I am thinking of buying one.
Will I notice a sound quality improvement over my Auralic which sounds amazing to my ears.

The HE9 is just an M9 with a power regenerator built in. If you already run some sort of power filtering, the upgrade of the HE9 from the M9 would be partially, if not completely, negated.

From early feedback (its been a while, so things may have changed), the power regenerator did have some manufacturing inconsistencies which resulted in a few having to be returned. I personally rather have the power regenerator separate so I don't lose my whole system if a minor component failed. It is really just an eggs-basket thing.

As for the Taurus vs M9, both are amazing HP amps. I'd have both if I had the space, but I chose the M9 due to better speaker pre.

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #1,106 of 2,635
I have ordered the Master 9 from a European Audio-GD agent.
Should be delivered in about a week hopefully.
So I am looking forward to comparing it with the Auralic.

The Master 9 is clearly more powerful than the Auralic when used in balanced mode.
The Auralic has more power in single ended.
I mainly listen in balanced with my LCD3, so I am expecting even better dynamics and headroom.

Master 9: 2.5w single ended / 9w balanced (40 ohms)
Auralic: 4.5w se / 1.2w bal (32 ohms)

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #1,107 of 2,635
The HE9 is just an M9 with a power regenerator built in. If you already run some sort of power filtering, the upgrade of the HE9 from the M9 would be partially, if not completely, negated.

From early feedback (its been a while, so things may have changed), the power regenerator did have some manufacturing inconsistencies which resulted in a few having to be returned. I personally rather have the power regenerator separate so I don't lose my whole system if a minor component failed. It is really just an eggs-basket thing.

As for the Taurus vs M9, both are amazing HP amps. I'd have both if I had the space, but I chose the M9 due to better speaker pre.

If the M9 is pure class A for the full 9w; I wonder if the Auralic is also pure class A for the full 4.5w power output?

I am also considering upgrading from LCD3 to the Abyss AB 1266. I understand they are nearly as hard to drive as the HE-6, 83db vs 85db sensitivity.

I will demo the Abyss with the M9. I am hoping the M9 sounds as good as the Cavalli Audio Liquid gold.

Though I read somewhere that the Abyss have some issues with the treble. So the LCD3 were recommended.
I can't see how the Auralic could drive the LCD 3 or Abyss as well as the M9 can, as the M9 is far more powerful in balanced mode than the Auralic.

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #1,108 of 2,635
If the M9 is pure class A for the full 9w; I wonder if the Auralic is also pure class A for the full 4.5w power output?

I am also considering upgrading from LCD3 to the Abyss AB 1266. I understand they are nearly as hard to drive as the HE-6, 83db vs 85db sensitivity.

I will demo the Abyss with the M9. I am hoping the M9 sounds as good as the Cavalli Audio Liquid gold.

Though I read somewhere that the Abyss have some issues with the treble. So the LCD3 were recommended.
I can't see how the Auralic could drive the LCD 3 or Abyss as well as the M9 can, as the M9 is far more powerful in balanced mode than the Auralic.

If power is everything you want, then Master 9 has it in spades so to say.
but Master 9 delivers much more than just Power :p

Auralic Taurus mk2 is supposed to be a competitive product as far as I know Auralic, though I haven't had the chance to listen to Taurus...

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #1,109 of 2,635
If power is everything you want, then Master 9 has it in spades so to say.
but Master 9 delivers much more than just Power :p

Auralic Taurus mk2 is supposed to be a competitive product as far as I know Auralic, though I haven't had the chance to listen to Taurus...

I wanted an amp which can drive any headphone without me worrying if I am missing out on dynamic headroom. The Master 9 seems to be a great choice to meet this, and at same time give great sound quality.

It will also be interesting to compare my Master 9 to my Icon Audio HP mk2.
I will first need to burn some hours through the Master 9 when it hopefully arrives next week.

I will then need to think about whether to upgrade my DAC to a Vega or the Master 7.
I guess Master 7 + 9 will be a great combination?
I hope so because the Master 7 is much cheaper price :)

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #1,110 of 2,635
The M7 is cheaper than the Vega. 

The drawback of the AGD gear is the look. It ain't pretty, but for some, it's just right kind of ugly.

I liked the look, once upon a time, but I'd rather have everything except the speakers to be concealed (unless I ever go tubed again). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back